Start by marking “Dali: The Paintings” as Want to Read:
Dali: The Paintings

Dali: The Paintings

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  10,917 ratings  ·  32 reviews
This publication presents in 2 volumes in a box the entire painted oeuvre of Salvadore Dali (1904-1989). After many years of research, Robert Descharnes and Gilles Neret finally located all the paintings of this highly prolific artist. These two volumes represent a one time offer at 29.99 as a celebration of the 100th anniversary of Dali's birth. The set will have a sticke
Published June 24th 2004 by Taschen (first published August 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Dali, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dali

The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore CooperThe Red Tent by Anita DiamantOliver Twist by Charles DickensAll Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria RemarqueThe Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
My Favorites To Read List
58th out of 66 books — 7 voters
Revolution 2020 by Chetan Bhagat2 States by Chetan BhagatThe 3 Mistakes of My Life by Chetan BhagatOne Night at the Call Center by Chetan BhagatFive Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat
Best of Chetan Bhagat
27th out of 36 books — 103 voters

More lists with this book...

Fred Hughes
It’s not clear whether Dali was a genius or a mad man, or both, as his art transcends anything else on the market at the time. This pair of large coffee table books goes through his life with many many pictures of his work.

He evolved throughout his career like a child who sees something shining and is drawn to it. Dali was influenced not only by the people who surrounded him but other artists, scientists, politicians and figures from his reading. He was also influenced by World events and in par
Hevel Cava
Quite a remarkable opus! One of the best bios on Dali, he's portrayed as a genius and as a mad man alike. With fine detail as well as an excellent bibliography, this work is worth for collection and for a careful study on the subject. Two thumps up!
Amanda
Very interesting. I'm not sure if this is the exact book I read on him. I learned that (in my opinion) he was a bit of a creeper. I had no idea he had a foot and food fetish. He also loves painting genitalia...At least he's good at it?
Missvandort
Is there anything I could say after reading the work of one of the greatest men to set foot on this earth?
Megha Puri
I really enjoyed this book. Dali is one of my favourite painters and his surreal work is truly spectacular.
Sol Misolmi
Grann detalle, excelentes ilustraciones.
Lucie
A great big overview of Dalis work and life!
Sam T. Frost
genius crossing ocean og Madness
Teri Temme
I fell in love with Dali's work when I went to the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, FL after a work convention. This book shows some work I had not seen before. My favorite: The Hallucinogenic Toreador - so many different levels to it. I was fascinated by it on the tour. I would never have noticed everything without the guide.
Julie Ben
I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I used to live in St. Pete's where they have the museum. It was the best museum we had down there, so what can I tell you. Plus, I rather like the idea that he might really be Adrian Brody.
Hojaplateada
Una gran cantidad de información infaltable para cualquiera que esté interesado en la vida de este genio del arte.
Vince
A lot of book(s). Two books weigh a total of 14 pounds. But, if you love Dali's art as I do, these books are the next best thing to visiting the museum in St. Petersburg.
Frank
Detailed, comprehensive biography with excellent reproductions of some amazing paintings. Holy crap, what a talented original [or is it an original talent].
Jordi Polo
Welcome to the daliverse. This book contains so many pictures that now I am suprised if I see any Dali artwork I can not recognize.
Danielle
descharnes is always so thorough and interesting, the best art book i own in terms of layout and text. dali is the man!
Matt 2D
Dec 16, 2010 Matt 2D rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: art
The definite collection of every Dali painting known to man... or at least most of them!
Jason Cryer
Absolutely brilliant. A collection of all of Dalí's paintings. The best books I own.
Elisabeth Moser
beautiful work. it always in spires me to be more creative
Erin
Vocabulary lessons abound & of course, great artwork!
Kq
A decent collection of Salvador Dali paintings. Surprise!
Gretafarrel
a thorough retrospective of a genius! Dali is beyond human
Kristin
Very obscure art, but I love to look at it.
Marty O'Brien
Great book. Slowly working on it...
Roberta Frontini
My favourite artist! Love his work!
Katrina
overwhelming awesome I just love him.
Chris
The complete oeuvre!
1001 Acessórios
Aprender a apreciar
  • Edvard Munch: 1863-1944 (Basic Art)
  • The Magic Mirror of M.C. Escher