Start by marking “I Spy Fantasy: A Book of Picture Riddles” as Want to Read:
I Spy Fantasy: A Book of Picture Riddles

I Spy Fantasy: A Book of Picture Riddles (I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles)

With rhyming riddles and search-and-find photographs, more than one million copies of I Spy Fantasy have been sold.
Thirteen amazing photographs filled with fun objects to search-and-find! Contents includes "City Blocks," "Into the Woods," "Clouds," "Yikes!," "Blast Off!," and more!
There are more than one million copies of I Spy Fantasy in print!
Published May 1st 2005 by Cartwheel Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about I Spy Fantasy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy Fantasy

Sarah Sammis
Jul 03, 2009 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pc
I Spy Fantasy by Jean Marzollo is one of the early book in the I Spy series. This one as the title implies has a fantasy theme.

The book has some of the most beautiful and trickiest picture puzzles of all the books we own. There is one page made up of costume jewelry in the shape of a dove. After three years of reading and re-reading the book we're still not sure we've found all the correct pieces to answer the riddle!

My personal favorite page is the science fiction moon base made out of common k
Cassandra
Apr 17, 2009 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
My toddler is a visual learner and loves all of the I Spy books. She always has one or two checked out from the library. They have been great vocabulary builders for her because there are so many items in the pictures that I would not otherwise think to show her. I do not usually read the text to her. We enjoy talking about what she sees, or I will randomly choose things to tell her I spy, and she looks for them. Sometimes, we will look for the items listed in the text together.
Bianca
Jan 10, 2015 Bianca rated it really liked it
I have always loved the ispy books. And that hasn't changed now- I love the mysteries and the things not being as they first appear, it's definitely a nostalgic hobby that I still Enjoy in my 20s. If only they printed more.

This one is pretty good, I like the others better but that's okay! It was fun and it entertained my nephews a lot.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it really liked it
I have four children and we own each " I spy " book. These books are truly our favorite and they are not just for the young. Each picture makes them think, explore, and problem solve all on their own in a very different way. Ethan had cancer as a kid and these books are amongst the things that got us through the series of hospitalizations over 18 months.
Josiah
Apr 15, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok
The puzzles and photography in this I Spy volume are almost absurdly good.
When my family and I first went through this book, the photography was so stunning that it elicited gasps from us all as each new page was turned. There really isn't anything else out there like these books. Jean Marzollo and Walter Wick stand alone on a level of quality that they themselves have created.
Anna Motteler
Sep 11, 2008 Anna Motteler rated it it was amazing
I loved these books whenever I was in Elementary school.
It kept me busy and made me use my noggin.

So if you're trying to work and your kids on getting on your nerves, plop them on the couch with one of these. =D
Anna
The strongest entries in this series are the ones with the overarching story that leads from one picture to the next. This is not one of those, but it is still enjoyable. Highly recommended for young readers. 3.5 stars.
JoEL cOnSuEgRa...:::...
Apr 16, 2009 JoEL cOnSuEgRa...:::... rated it really liked it
i like this book since i was a little kid i always use it when am bored its good book because it has lots of fantasy its really cool..
Kathleen Glasscock
After my husband had two strokes and had difficulty processing visual information we used these books to help him discriminate and find objects. He really enjoyed them.
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
May 24, 2012 Tricia (McAllister) Houseman rated it really liked it
My granddaughter loved this book, although it's more of older kids. she loved pointed out the pictures she knew, or point out the pics I did & repeating the words.
Theresa
Aug 14, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
children love checking these out to search for pictures, its funny how many said they practiced their reading stills reading the words.
jacky
Nov 06, 2012 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Read this in the doctor's office while waiting to see if William had conjunctivitis. These books are cool, but still a bit much for Natalie.
Kiyoko
Aug 04, 2016 Kiyoko rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book to share with a young child. There are so many fascinating objects on every page! Great conversation book.

Thrift store purchase - $1.50
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Amalie Leavitt
Amalie Leavitt rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Rory Florian
Rory Florian rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2012
liathroids
liathroids rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
John
John rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Gretchandgav Michael Allen
Gretchandgav Michael Allen rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2010
P Pichard
P Pichard rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2011
Carson Freeman
Carson Freeman rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
Jinny
Jinny rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2011
Char
Char rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2008
taz/ matthew
taz/ matthew rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2008
Teenagewitch
Teenagewitch rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2010
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2010
  • The Snow Queen
  • American Tall Tales
  • A Treasury of Children's Literature
  • Froggy Bakes a Cake
  • Arthur's First Sleepover (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Where's Waldo Now?
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Pup (I Can Read Book Level 1)
  • The Dragons are Singing Tonight
  • If Only I Had a Green Nose
Jean Marzollo is the award-winning author of over 100 books for kids, including the I SPY series, Pierre the Penguin, Help Me Learn Numbers 0-20, Soccer Sam, Happy Birthday Martin Luther King, Close Your Eyes, Mama Mama/Papa Papa, the Shanna Show books, and In 1776, as well as books for parents and teachers. She is the author/illustrator of Ten Little Christmas Presents, Ten Little Eggs, Bible ...more
More about Jean Marzollo...

I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles (1 - 10 of 55 books)
  • I Spy Treasure Hunt: A Book of Picture Riddles