A Book of Remarkable Criminals

A Book of Remarkable Criminals

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The silent workings, and still more the explosions, of human passion which bring to light the darker elements of man's nature present to the philosophical observer considerations of intrinsic interest; while to the jurist, the study of human nature and human character with its infinite varieties, especially as affecting the connection between motive and action, between irr...more
Published December 15th 2006 by Echo Library (first published 1918)

To ask other readers questions about A Book of Remarkable Criminals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Book of Remarkable Criminals

Priya
When I first stumbled upon this book, I was hoping for something on the lines of understanding the psychology of criminals. However, this one turned out to be a plain documentary listing of a collection of crimes in the 19th century. Given the era, the nature of crimes by themselves were plain vanilla; a sequel with 20th century incidents would be good with the level of sophistication being higher. Overall, an okay read.
Ams78
This was a very interesting book of murders committed in the late 19th century. I found it to be quite fascinating, though some passages were a bit hard to understand. There were several discussions of court proceedings as well, which were intriguing. All things considered, a very good read.
Tazar Oo
Online က ေဒါင္းလုတ္ရတဲ့အတြက္ ၀မ္းသာပါတယ္။ ဖတ္ခ်င္သူေတြဆီ ပို႔ေပးလို႔ရတယ္...။ ရာဇ၀တ္မႈမ်ားအေၾကာင္း။ က်ဴးလြန္သူ တရားခံေတြရဲ႕ စိတၱဇျဖစ္စဥ္၊ ခံစားမႈ...၊ က်ဴးလြန္ပံု.. စတာေတြကို အေသးစိတ္ေလ့လာျခင္း။ ကမၻာေက်ာ္ မႈခင္းေတြနဲ႔ တူပါတယ္...။ စိတ္ကူးယဥ္ဇာတ္လမ္းေတြထက္စာရင္ ပိုဆြဲေဆာင္မႈရွိမယ္ထင္တယ္..။
Rabid Readers Reviews
I got this book as a freebie with the .mobi reader on my Blackberry. I'm a fan of true crime and had not read about any of the very interesting cases (between 1850 and 1910) before. I very much enjoyed the telling and the old fashioned morality tone and speculation of the work.
Suzanne
All i wanted to say was it would be an idea to take a breath and use a few full stops. Couldnt carry on is I was alwaus loosing interest.
Doreen Petersen
All in all not a bad book. The crimes committed were all in 1800s but still a decent read.
Marko Mehner
Marko Mehner marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Jacci Penrose
Jacci Penrose marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Mckenzie Meyer
Mckenzie Meyer marked it as to-read
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Yesenia Toles
Yesenia Toles marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Kim Mathews
Kim Mathews marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Lori Carlson
Lori Carlson marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Linda Arnesen
Linda Arnesen marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Jenny Lowe
Jenny Lowe marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Gary
Gary marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Bruce L.
Bruce L. marked it as to-read
Jacci
Jacci marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Zoe Morris-brown
Zoe Morris-brown marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Drama (Dodo Press) Studies of French Criminals of the Nineteenth Century Last Studies in Criminology Detective, Mystery, Crime, and Horror Books on CD Tales of Mystery and Horror