A Book of Remarkable Criminals

A Book of Remarkable Criminals

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The silent workings, and still more the explosions, of human passion which bring to light the darker elements of man's nature present to the philosophical observer considerations of intrinsic interest; while to the jurist, the study of human nature and human character with its infinite varieties, especially as affecting the connection between motive and action, between irr...more
Published December 15th 2006 by Echo Library (first published 1918)

Priya
When I first stumbled upon this book, I was hoping for something on the lines of understanding the psychology of criminals. However, this one turned out to be a plain documentary listing of a collection of crimes in the 19th century. Given the era, the nature of crimes by themselves were plain vanilla; a sequel with 20th century incidents would be good with the level of sophistication being higher. Overall, an okay read.
Ams78
This was a very interesting book of murders committed in the late 19th century. I found it to be quite fascinating, though some passages were a bit hard to understand. There were several discussions of court proceedings as well, which were intriguing. All things considered, a very good read.
Tazar Oo
Online က ေဒါင္းလုတ္ရတဲ့အတြက္ ၀မ္းသာပါတယ္။ ဖတ္ခ်င္သူေတြဆီ ပို႔ေပးလို႔ရတယ္...။ ရာဇ၀တ္မႈမ်ားအေၾကာင္း။ က်ဴးလြန္သူ တရားခံေတြရဲ႕ စိတၱဇျဖစ္စဥ္၊ ခံစားမႈ...၊ က်ဴးလြန္ပံု.. စတာေတြကို အေသးစိတ္ေလ့လာျခင္း။ ကမၻာေက်ာ္ မႈခင္းေတြနဲ႔ တူပါတယ္...။ စိတ္ကူးယဥ္ဇာတ္လမ္းေတြထက္စာရင္ ပိုဆြဲေဆာင္မႈရွိမယ္ထင္တယ္..။
Rabid Readers Reviews
I got this book as a freebie with the .mobi reader on my Blackberry. I'm a fan of true crime and had not read about any of the very interesting cases (between 1850 and 1910) before. I very much enjoyed the telling and the old fashioned morality tone and speculation of the work.
Suzanne
All i wanted to say was it would be an idea to take a breath and use a few full stops. Couldnt carry on is I was alwaus loosing interest.
Doreen Petersen
All in all not a bad book. The crimes committed were all in 1800s but still a decent read.
Cera Pyle
Cera Pyle marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Lucy Mccall
Lucy Mccall marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Martha Sanchez
Martha Sanchez is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2014
Angela Bain
Angela Bain is currently reading it
Jul 07, 2014
Mary Claire
Mary Claire marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Nicholas
Nicholas is currently reading it
Jul 04, 2014
Laura Yona
Laura Yona marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Littlemissalexknight
Littlemissalexknight marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Tamara
Tamara is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2014
Thomas Adams
Thomas Adams marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Kirsty
Kirsty added it
Jun 27, 2014
Patricia Brown
Patricia Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Adebayo
Adebayo is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2014
S. Naomi Scott
S. Naomi Scott marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Drama (Dodo Press) Studies of French Criminals of the Nineteenth Century Last Studies in Criminology Detective, Mystery, Crime, and Horror Books on CD Tales Of Mystery And Horror