Their Yesterdays

Their Yesterdays

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  7 reviews
. . . So it happened -- as such things do happen -- that the Yesterdays of this man and the Yesterdays of this woman became Their Yesterdays, and that they went back, then, no more alone but always together. Even as one, they, forever after, went back. . . .
Published August 1st 2005 by Aegypan (first published 1912)

Laina
This book will forever hold a soft spot in my heart. I was looking through our book closet, and I found THEIR YESTERDAY. I thought it looked dumb, but after I realized it was a first edition published in 1912, I got a little bit more interested. And then I saw the inscription in the front : RACHAEL POWELL FROM ED. Rachael Powell was my great-great-great grandmother. I feel a certain kinship with her now after having read this book that was once her.

But enough about my sentiments. The book. I rea...more
L.
A nameless man and woman separately go through life's trials and tribulations (will he succumb to his earthly desires with a fallen woman? can she truly be happy as a successful businesswoman and not a wife and mother? [This is 1912. You can't have it all. You can only be one or the other.], etc.) to eventually cross paths and realize they were meant for each other.
Lark
If Goodreads had the option of 10 stars, that is what I would have given this book.
I think this is my new FAVORITE Book of all time... at least for the next few months.
It is AMAZING! It is Profound! It makes you feel good all over when reading it.
It is the story of a Man and a Woman who discover 13 great things that make up a life.
SUPER GOOD BOOK!!!!!!!
Kael Nevets
Once again I've never read the paper back only my 1901 hardback in my extensive collection of old and rare books.
Wright achieved something I have never found with any other author a non rhyming yet poetic frame of thought from the first page to the last page of 311 as well as a story rigid that will hold anyone that's a romantic.
Trish Boese
Their Yesterdays is wonderfully old-fashioned and inspiring. This beautiful story sets forth the 13 truly great things of life and how they happen in the lives of everyone. Nothing has been written before or since that can compare with such a story of life and love.
Daniel
an interesting sort of inspirational story. Wright is very unique in his approach, I've never read anything like it. The characters are never mentioned by name.
Erin Burris
Amazing... so sweet. Keeps you wondering when they'll finally get together.
Amy  Dohn
Amy Dohn marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Jillayne Thomas
Jillayne Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Mary Davis
Mary Davis marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Hannah Rush
Hannah Rush marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Goossen Library
Goossen Library marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Becca Anne
Becca Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Dilan arıkal
Dilan arıkal marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
John
John marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Carmen
Carmen added it
Jul 21, 2013
Kay Beckmann
Kay Beckmann marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Harold Bell Wright was a best selling American author of the first part of the 20th century.

Between 1903 and 1942, this minister-turned-author wrote nineteen books, several scripts for stage plays, and several magazine articles. At least fifteen movies were made from his novels. Seven of Wright's books appeared on the top ten best sellers lists, two of them twice, including a number one seller in...more
More about Harold Bell Wright...
The Shepherd of the Hills That Printer of Udell's The Calling of Dan Matthews When a Man's a Man The Winning of Barbara Worth