Start by marking “Their Yesterdays” as Want to Read:
Their Yesterdays

Their Yesterdays

From the introduction: Behold the child, by Nature's kindly law, Pleased with a rattle, tickled with a straw; Some livelier plaything gives his youth delight, A little louder, but as empty quite; Scarfs, garters, gold, amuse his riper stage, And beads and prayer-books are the toys of age; Pleased with this bauble still, as that before; Till tired he sleeps, and life's poor ...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Aegypan (first published 1912)

To ask other readers questions about Their Yesterdays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Their Yesterdays

Laina
Oct 18, 2009 Laina rated it really liked it
This book will forever hold a soft spot in my heart. I was looking through our book closet, and I found THEIR YESTERDAY. I thought it looked dumb, but after I realized it was a first edition published in 1912, I got a little bit more interested. And then I saw the inscription in the front : RACHAEL POWELL FROM ED. Rachael Powell was my great-great-great grandmother. I feel a certain kinship with her now after having read this book that was once her.

But enough about my sentiments. The book. I rea
L.  (You're No Science-Terrorist!)
A nameless man and woman separately go through life's trials and tribulations (will he succumb to his earthly desires with a fallen woman? can she truly be happy as a successful businesswoman and not a wife and mother? [This is 1912. You can't have it all. You can only be one or the other.], etc.) to eventually cross paths and realize they were meant for each other.
Kael Nevets
Mar 11, 2010 Kael Nevets rated it it was amazing
Once again I've never read the paper back only my 1901 hardback in my extensive collection of old and rare books.
Wright achieved something I have never found with any other author a non rhyming yet poetic frame of thought from the first page to the last page of 311 as well as a story rigid that will hold anyone that's a romantic.
Lark
May 02, 2013 Lark rated it it was amazing
If Goodreads had the option of 10 stars, that is what I would have given this book.
I think this is my new FAVORITE Book of all time... at least for the next few months.
It is AMAZING! It is Profound! It makes you feel good all over when reading it.
It is the story of a Man and a Woman who discover 13 great things that make up a life.
SUPER GOOD BOOK!!!!!!!
Trish Boese
Mar 22, 2012 Trish Boese rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, fiction
5* Their Yesterdays is wonderfully old-fashioned and inspiring. This beautiful story sets forth the 13 truly great things of life, and how they happen in the lives of everyone. Nothing has been written before or since, that can compare with such a story of life and love.
Daniel
an interesting sort of inspirational story. Wright is very unique in his approach, I've never read anything like it. The characters are never mentioned by name.
Erin Burris
Jun 11, 2008 Erin Burris rated it it was amazing
Amazing... so sweet. Keeps you wondering when they'll finally get together.
Kiki
Kiki rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2011
Rachel Sherman
Rachel Sherman rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2013
Penny Toews
Penny Toews rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2012
Andy Beck
Andy Beck rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Lynda
Lynda rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2009
Martha
Martha rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2011
Rhonda Graham
Rhonda Graham rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2011
C. Shambaugh
C. Shambaugh rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2014
Stephen Griffin
Stephen Griffin rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2010
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2008
Elizabeth Parra
Elizabeth Parra rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2014
Janelle
Janelle rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2012
Kathy Benitez
Kathy Benitez rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2013
Jina
Jina rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Charles G
Charles G rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Monica K
Monica K rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Christie
Christie rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2010
Emily Dixon
Emily Dixon rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2013
Patti Page
Patti Page rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2008
Roc
Roc rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
Michael Troudt
Michael Troudt rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Renee
Renee rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Misti
Misti rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Harold Bell Wright was a best selling American author of the first part of the 20th century.

Between 1903 and 1942, this minister-turned-author wrote nineteen books, several scripts for stage plays, and several magazine articles. At least fifteen movies were made from his novels. Seven of Wright's books appeared on the top ten best sellers lists, two of them twice, including a number one seller in
More about Harold Bell Wright...