Start by marking “Honor Few, Fear None: The Life and Times of a Mongol” as Want to Read:
Honor Few, Fear None: The Life and Times of a Mongol

Honor Few, Fear None: The Life and Times of a Mongol

The stunning, never-before-told story of Ruben "Doc" Cavazos, international president of the Mongols Motorcycle Club

When Ruben "Doc" Cavazos changes his clothes at daybreak, he is no longer a CAT scan technician at the University of Southern California Medical Center. He becomes the man known—and, in a few special cases, feared—as Doc, international president of the Mongol
Published June 3rd 2008 by William Morrow (first published June 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Honor Few, Fear None, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor Few, Fear None

Bob
Apr 25, 2010 Bob rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and his perspective from inside the Mongols. Naturally you have to keep his hidden agenda in mind, which is I believe to try to clean up the public image of the club after "Under and Alone" was published. His continual thread that the Mongols are a "cleaner" bunch than Bill Queen portrays has to be taken with a grain of salt, since Cavazos pleaded guilty to rackteering and was sent to prison within months of the publication of this book.

What I enjoyed from this book wa
Joe
Sep 02, 2014 Joe rated it really liked it
This is the perfect sequel to William Queen’s Under and Alone, the insider’s perspective to the Mongol Motorcycle Club if you will. I was skeptical picking this one up, fearing the book would be long on justification and short on explanation, but it was written with a neutrality I found admirable.

Cavazos never denies the crimes members of his club have committed over time. He’s candid about the absurd qualification practices new members, or prospects, must face before being voted in, but he also
Jon
Feb 05, 2015 Jon rated it it was ok
I think every man no matter what should be respected; when you first meet the man, you should give him the respect that you would want. And then when you find out what he's all about, you'll see what respect he's earned. Some people maybe don't deserve it, but at least to begin with, it doesn't matter what he looks like, what he's into, you need to go ahead and treat him with respect. He's a man.

Honor Few, Fear None , page 196.

In theory, it just might work: a society built on respect. Who needs
David Horney
Apr 24, 2010 David Horney rated it liked it
Shelves: my-42nd-year
another dirtbag biker who is soooooo misunderstood. all he wants to do is love on his son, ride bikes and have solidarity w/his brothers. any criminal activity that takes place is completely out of his sight--despite the fact that he's the International Prez...... interestingly, 4 months after this book was published "doc" was kicked out of the mongols for embezzling almost a million bucks from the kitty. he's also looking at 20 to life for a variety of rico violations uncovered by 8 uc's who in ...more
Jim
Like most biker autobiographies, this was disappointing. I guess what I'm looking for is some honesty insofar as the biker lifestyle is concerned, but Cavazos gives the same old song and dance: it seems the Mongols are just a bunch of motorcycle enthusiasts. None of them commit crimes, but if they did, it would just be a few unsavoury members acting without the approval of the club, you big silly! The book is worth reading for the insight into the gangster mindset, but don't expect any startling ...more
Michael Conrad
Jun 09, 2012 Michael Conrad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with most books involving the world of outlaw MC's, you never know what is real and what is merely story. It has been this way since shows such as Motorcycle Mania and American Chopper hit the airwaves. It's natural to cash in.

This book is a telling from Ruben Cavazos who was at one time President of the Mongols MC. It's a very good read about his life and rise within the club. The stories are not outlandish and are believable. I found this book to be a good read and one of the few books that
SouthWestZippy
Jan 15, 2016 SouthWestZippy rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
WOW what a fascinating look into the mind of a person who can just about rationalize everything and anything. Ruben "Doc" Cavazos made a living as a CAT scan technician at the University of Southern California Medical Center. On his spare time he is the international president of the Mongols. This page turning book not only gives you a little insight on a Motorcycle gang but the power of brotherhood and what happens when you betray.
Steven Andersen
Jan 27, 2012 Steven Andersen rated it really liked it
This book is like Under and Alone. It is about a Mongol and how he became a Mongol. It Started off slow and finished slow but it raised and slowed through out the book. If I would have to rate this book i would have to rate it about a 4.5. I would ultimately recommend this book for people who are interested in bikes and stuff that goes along with them.
Cindy Hernandez
Oct 17, 2016 Cindy Hernandez rated it really liked it
The reason why I liked this book and rated it four stars is because it never got boring. The way they kept you entertained and how interesting things came after another and after another. It had a lot of action in the book. It also reminded me of another book I read called " Things get Hectic". That's also the reason why I liked it because it was really similar to it.
Andy
Jan 28, 2009 Andy rated it liked it
An enjoyable enough read from the Nat'l President of the Mongols MC.

It contained no surprises. It is the standard poorly written and unfocused quasi-criminal autobio that succeeds at all because of its fascinating subject matter. I actually think I enjoyed reading more about the author's street gang (Avenues) teen years than his adult outlaw biker times.
LINCCReviews
Jun 26, 2015 LINCCReviews rated it liked it
Though it does seem like a long shot, most of the stories seem far fetched, but every story has two sides. It is interesting to see the view from within the group instead of what the media chosses to show you on what will get the most views. All in all a quick, interesting read. (g.champney)
Xavier
Jun 10, 2013 Xavier rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It was penned by the former International President of the Mongols Motorcycle Club. Basically how he(Doc) became a Mongol and his life experiences with the club. He is currently in federal prison and is Out In Bad standing with the Mongols MC for becoming government informant.
Megafone Tone
Mar 06, 2011 Megafone Tone rated it really liked it
Well i read under and alone so of course i had to read the other side of the story. Interesting read and obviously written with a hidden agenda which you can pretty much see through once you dive into this book.
Eric
Nov 12, 2011 Eric rated it it was ok
Shelves: biographies
An inside look into the Mongols....
Tbone
Jan 14, 2009 Tbone rated it really liked it
Good book about the Mongols and I would say a fairly accurate book but take the book with a grain of salt
Tony Sorendo
May 31, 2013 Tony Sorendo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a book through the eyes of an outlaw biker-former Pres. of the Mongols Motorcycle Gang.
Warren
Warren rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2009
Eduardo Shanahan
Eduardo Shanahan rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2009
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2013
Marisa Enriquez
Marisa Enriquez rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2016
Robert Valencia
Robert Valencia rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Dave Smith
Dave Smith rated it liked it
May 05, 2012
Wildmandan1973
Wildmandan1973 rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2010
Curtis Harmon
Curtis Harmon rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2012
April Neill
April Neill rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Tood
Tood rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2008
Paul "ricky
Paul "ricky rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2014
A.D. Roland
A.D. Roland rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
David Peterson
David Peterson rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Long Snapper: A Second Chance, a Super Bowl, a Lesson for Life
  • Hell's Angel: The Life and Times of Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club
  • The Last Single Woman in America
  • Hell's Angels: Into the Abyss
  • A Wayward Angel: The Full Story of the Hells Angels
  • The Elfish Gene: Dungeons, Dragons And Growing Up Strange
  • All the Way Home: Building a Family in a Falling-Down House
  • Party of the Century: The Fabulous Story of Truman Capote and His Black-And-White Ball
  • Cooked: From the Streets to the Stove, from Cocaine to Foie Gras
  • The Dragon Syndicates: The Global Phenomenon of the Triads
  • William Sidis perfekte liv
  • The Psalm Killer
  • Operation Certain Death
  • Blekingegadebanden - Den danske celle
  • No Mercy: The Host of America's Most Wanted Hunts the Worst Criminals of Our Time--In Shattering True Crime Cases
  • Miss Bangkok: Memoirs of a Thai Prostitute