Start by marking “The Silver Horse (The Chain of Charms, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Silver Horse (The Chain of Charms, #2)

The Silver Horse (The Chain of Charms #2)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  198 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Book 2 in the Chain of Charms series, a brilliant new adventure series set amongst the gypsies of Cromwell's England.

From the bestselling author of the Witches of Eileanan series.

Once there was a gypsy queen who wore on her wrist a chain of six lucky charms - a golden crown, a silver horse, a butterfly caught in amber, a cat's eye shell, a bolt of lightning forged from the
Published November 1st 2007 by Pan Macmillan Australia (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Horse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silver Horse

The Infernal by Kim WilkinsPerfections by Kirstyn McDermottThe Girl with No Hands by Angela SlatterMagic Dirt by Sean WilliamsOne Small Step by Tehani Wessely
Aurealis Awards winners
72nd out of 98 books — 13 voters
Fairytales for Wilde Girls by Allyse NearTender Morsels by Margo LanaganDreamer's Pool by Juliet MarillierOf Sorrow and Such by Angela SlatterDay Boy by Trent Jamieson
Australian Speculative Fiction
131st out of 135 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

Maureen
Jun 14, 2013 Maureen rated it liked it
A fun and quick paced novel that reminds me of the old school adventure stories for children that I read in my youth. I particularly enjoyed the horse race towards the end of the novel.
Karen Field
Feb 18, 2012 Karen Field rated it liked it
This is the second book in the series.

Emilia and Luka are on the run from a thief-taker, Coldham. They must retrieve six charms from their gypsy kin as Emilia (and her grandmother, who told her about the Chain of Charms) believe in their magical powers, which will surely save their imprisoned family from the gallows. Luka, on the other hand, isn't convinced so he's trying to come up with an alternate method of saving the family. They are only thirteen and the burden is huge.

They have the gypsy c
Amelia
Feb 20, 2015 Amelia rated it really liked it
A beautiful series, my favourite when I was younger, I would recommend to all younger readers or anyone for that matter
Jess
Jul 16, 2015 Jess rated it liked it
Really liked the entire series
Niamh Griffin
Muphyn
Nov 18, 2008 Muphyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the series - Emilia and Luka are still on the run, trying to find the second charm in order to free their family (well, that's what Emilia is doing - finding the charms - Luka doesn't quite believe in them). It's only been a week since I listened to the audiobook but I can't quite remember what happened. The books kind of blur into one, should have written my reviews straight after I finished listening to the respective book. oh well. it was fun, that I can remember! :)
Bronwyn Rykiert
I really enjoyed this book too, the second in this series about Gypsys and their quest to find the charms of their family and put them together again. Luka and Amelia along with their dog, monkey and bear meet up with the Hearn family in this book as they journey along to find help for their family who have been thrown in jail.
Kara Bianca
Dec 19, 2015 Kara Bianca rated it really liked it
Oh man these are just so fun! Some of the best middle grade I've ever read. I never feel like I'm being talked down to, and although these are quick, they manage to hit in all the right emotional places. I'm so excited to finish this series next year!
Courtney
Aug 03, 2015 Courtney rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lachlan
This book was pretty good but it ended really quickly. I had been waiting to read it for ages because I could never find it.

I think Tom Whitehorse was caught up in the Royalist plot and that was why he was there.
Mia Scarlet Star
Jul 05, 2013 Mia Scarlet Star rated it it was amazing
I simply loved it how Emilia loved a horse named Ailda and how she had to race and simply everything was just amazing!
Amanda O'Shea
Oct 18, 2012 Amanda O'Shea rated it it was amazing
I love this series. They are interesting and well written. I can't wait to get the next one!
Farseer
Farseer marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Choirsoftheeye
Choirsoftheeye marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Jas Hunter
Jas Hunter marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Marika Mclaughlin
Marika Mclaughlin marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Michele Flavelle
Michele Flavelle marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Debbie Millhouse
Debbie Millhouse marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Victoria Hansen
Victoria Hansen marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Mae
Mae rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Kara Otke
Kara Otke marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
  • All in the Blue Unclouded Weather (The Melling Sisters, #1)
  • Emily Eyefinger (Emily Eyefinger, #1)
  • Word Hunters: The Curious Dictionary
  • Inheritance (Inheritance #1)
  • The Truth About Verity Sparks
  • My Place
  • Wish (Faerieground, #1)
  • Tashi and the Dancing Shoes (Tashi, #8)
  • Bad Behaviour
  • Never Say Die
  • Blood Brothers (Dragon Keeper, #4)
  • Diary of a Jetsetting Call Girl (Nancy Chan, #3)
  • A Rose for the ANZAC Boys
  • Monsoon
  • Bella's Run
  • The Traitor's Smile (Pimpernelles, #2)
  • Tuscan Rose
Kate Forsyth wrote her first novel at the age of seven, and is now the award-winning & internationally bestselling author of more than 35 books for both adults and children.

Her books for adults include 'The Beast's Garden', a retelling of the Grimm version of 'Beauty & the Beast', set in the German underground resistance to Hitler in WWII; 'The Wild Girl', the love story of Wilhelm Grimm
More about Kate Forsyth...

The Chain of Charms (6 books)
  • The Gypsy Crown
  • The Herb of Grace (Chain of Charms #3)
  • The Cat's Eye Shell (Chain of Charms #4)
  • The Lightning Bolt (Chain of Charms #5)
  • The Butterfly in Amber (Chain of Charms #6)