Start by marking “Out Of Her Hands” as Want to Read:
Out Of Her Hands

Out Of Her Hands

In this second novel by Megan DiMaria, Linda Revere is back and continuing to struggle with the turmoil of contemporary life. Linda has been praying for her children's future spouses since they were very small. Confident that her prayers will be answered, Linda is not prepared for the young woman her son brings home. But Linda soon learns that while everything she once con ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Out Of Her Hands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out Of Her Hands

Evangeline
Aug 27, 2008 Evangeline rated it really liked it
Shelves: blogreads
In Megan DiMaria’s Out of Her Hands, spunky Linda Revere is once again juggling work, family, and changing life stages. This time around, Linda’s losing sleep over her son’s altered behavior. When he brings an ice queen home to meet the parents, Linda finds herself struggling to accept his choice let alone embrace the relationship. With her daughter’s graduation nearing and her father-in-law dating again, Linda struggles to hold on to her scattering family. But the tighter she clings to her drea ...more
Melissa
Jun 11, 2008 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Wow, I think she looked into my life! I love her writing style and what she wrote about the experiences of an adult child living at home were incredibly mirrored in my own life.
Rhonda
Jun 17, 2009 Rhonda rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
Linda is faced with her best friend moving away, her recently-widowed father-in-law dating, a busy job, and raising two kids: one, a son who is seriously dating someone she doesn't approve of. The bulk of the story revolves around the very strained relationship between Linda and Amber, the girlfriend. The thing I liked best about this book, is that it didn't have the "perfect" little ending.

Favorite quotes:

"Attending to my mountain of dirty clothes is looking mighty appealing right now. I need
Elizabeth
Nov 24, 2008 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Julie
Nov 21, 2008 Julie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Margaret Chind, Ann Abbot, Kym
This is the first book by Megan DiMaria that I have read and let me say it won't be the last!

This is the story of Linda and Jerry Revere. They live in a quaint town in Colorado with their children Emma and Nick. Life is going great with Linda happily employed at a photo studio and Jerry's teaching job. The kids are doing well in school and everything is perfect. Or so it seems.

What I love about this book is that Linda and Jerry are your traditional christian family. Things look good on the outs
Amy
Nov 21, 2008 Amy rated it liked it
This book was a good read. Typical story of good and evil and patience on a parents part. I am glad I won it and had the chance to read it. I don't think I would have ever bought it on my own. I do enjoy reading a good Christian romance book now and then. Thanks!
Angie
Jul 12, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it
Very easy read, entertaining, thought-provoking... some twists to keep things interesting. I like the style of the author - seems like she just writes what comes to her mind "in the moment" as the scenes play out in her head...
Melinda
Jul 31, 2010 Melinda rated it it was ok
Nu2bend
Dec 27, 2008 Nu2bend rated it it was ok
I know many people like this main character. I'm glad I'm not one of them.
Tracey
Tracey rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2011
Deb
Deb rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Donna Schlachter
Donna Schlachter rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2011
Praneeth vishnu
Praneeth vishnu rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Salam
Salam rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2012
Eℓizabeth
Eℓizabeth rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Barb
Barb rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2008
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2009
Tina
Tina rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2008
Janice
Janice rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2008
Christy Lockstein
Christy Lockstein rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2009
Alison Gracely
Alison Gracely rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Aika Vargas
Aika Vargas rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2009
Janna
Janna rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2008
Clarice James
Clarice James rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2011
Jen Mastronardi
Jen Mastronardi rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2013
Mellissa
Mellissa rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2009
Sherry L. Hartman
Sherry L. Hartman rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Searching for Spice, Megan DiMarias debut novel, released April 2008, and her second novel, Out of Her Hands, is scheduled to be out in October 2008. She has fond memories of childhood trips to the public library where, amid the mural of Gullivers Travels and stacks of books, she began a lifelong love of the written word. When shes not tapping out another story on her computer, she loves to spend ...more
More about Megan DiMaria...