Edge of Honor

Edge of Honor

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Best-selling author Gilbert Morris has created an epic story of war, regret, love, and forgiveness set in the post-civil war South.
Published April 1st 2000 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Honor

Cindy
Excellent book...especially if you like historical fiction. It takes place at the end of the Civil War and deals w/ medicine and surgery in those days. Really interesting! Has a good love story, things about faith and family, ethical/moral dilemmas...I really enjoyed it!
Mallory
A well-educated young doctor from the North named Quentin Larribee is conscripted into the Civil War just as it’s nearing its end. His guilt over accidentally killing a surrendering enemy soldier leads him to seek out that man’s widow and do anything he can to help her and her children. A Yankee in Arkansas is not a welcome sight to most folks after the war is over, but Quentin slowly wins over the small town and the Breckenridge family with his kind heart and good deeds. However, when he ends u...more
Angela Bycroft
This was one of those books that took a sweeping story and wrapped it around some incredibly memorable characters and locations. An epic tale of the civil war and the consequences that go with that.

Quentin Larabie is a successful surgeon whose life seems mapped out before him. He's engaged to a lady of high society in New York City and his career is going from strength to strength. But whispers of disquiet linger as he wonders if he really loves his fiancé and the plans she and her father have...more
Lacy
I really had to push through the first 20 pages. After that I was wisked back to the 1800's. Ok, not completely, I occasionally had to remind myself where and when I was reading. I loved the characters. I didn't realize this was a Christian book when I picked it up. I quite enjoyed reading a Christian Civil War novel.

Our hero is an ugly, remarkably kind, gifted surgeon who is kind of a pushover. Did I mention he was ugly? I loved that! Not only was he homely, but he knew it, others knew it - COM...more
Linda Hart
This is a very good post-Civil War historical romance about honor and redemption. I learned a few new things re: history of the period, and really appreciated this strong moral message, constant religious undertone and occasional scripture passages. Gilbert Morris is a popular and prolific Christian writer. I have "read" a few of his other novels via audio books and am always looking for them on my library trips.
Erin
This was a fairly interesting book set around the Civil War. The characters were pretty interesting.
However the author tended to "tell" me too much instead of "showing" me. The pace was good but some of the outcomes were a little too predictable.
I liked the happy ending. Specially since I wasn't quite sure till the last several pages that it would be...
Katherine Coble
Not my cup of tea at all. Like much Christian fiction, Morris tends to moralise with every introduction. He's never just telling you about a person and a place. It's always "this is John Smith. The ladies love him but common knowledge is that he is a black hearted rogue who cheats at cards."
Judith Mullett
A book I could not put down. Morris won a Christy Award for this book. One of the best books I have read. His characters, setting, and plots are very real and he makes you feel as if you are right there with the characters. As always with Morris, God is always an important ingredient.
Catherine Sandy
This was a real good story about love, integrity, the importance of faith and forgiveness. A doctor and his sister move from New York to Arkansas after the Civil War to help and young widow whose husband he had killed during a battle.
Cari
Gilbert Morris' writing style is simple and straight to the point, sprinkled liberally with a good dose of faith and humour. I have yet to read a book by him that I did not enjoy.
Carol
Great Civil War story. It lets you see a little of what it must have been like to be a involved in the war. The story follows one man and his quest to find forgiveness for killing a rebel.
Rebecca Rash
Slower paced, factual, but none the less a good read from Gilbert Morris.
Chandra
Interesting story. Kept my interest going. 3.5 stars.
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Julie Drucker
Julie Drucker marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Rachel Nobles
Rachel Nobles marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Heather Pizzi hocking
Heather Pizzi hocking is currently reading it
Jun 16, 2014
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)