Start by marking “Edge of Honor” as Want to Read:
Edge of Honor
Preview

Edge of Honor

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Best-selling author Gilbert Morris has created an epic story of war, regret, love, and forgiveness set in the post-civil war South.
Published October 1st 2001 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Honor

Cindy
Excellent book...especially if you like historical fiction. It takes place at the end of the Civil War and deals w/ medicine and surgery in those days. Really interesting! Has a good love story, things about faith and family, ethical/moral dilemmas...I really enjoyed it!
Mallory
A well-educated young doctor from the North named Quentin Larribee is conscripted into the Civil War just as it’s nearing its end. His guilt over accidentally killing a surrendering enemy soldier leads him to seek out that man’s widow and do anything he can to help her and her children. A Yankee in Arkansas is not a welcome sight to most folks after the war is over, but Quentin slowly wins over the small town and the Breckenridge family with his kind heart and good deeds. However, when he ends u ...more
Angela Bycroft
This was one of those books that took a sweeping story and wrapped it around some incredibly memorable characters and locations. An epic tale of the civil war and the consequences that go with that.

Quentin Larabie is a successful surgeon whose life seems mapped out before him. He's engaged to a lady of high society in New York City and his career is going from strength to strength. But whispers of disquiet linger as he wonders if he really loves his fiancé and the plans she and her father have
Lacy
I really had to push through the first 20 pages. After that I was wisked back to the 1800's. Ok, not completely, I occasionally had to remind myself where and when I was reading. I loved the characters. I didn't realize this was a Christian book when I picked it up. I quite enjoyed reading a Christian Civil War novel.

Our hero is an ugly, remarkably kind, gifted surgeon who is kind of a pushover. Did I mention he was ugly? I loved that! Not only was he homely, but he knew it, others knew it - COM
Linda Hart
This is a very good post-Civil War historical romance about honor and redemption. I learned a few new things re: history of the period, and really appreciated this strong moral message, constant religious undertone and occasional scripture passages. Gilbert Morris is a popular and prolific Christian writer. I have "read" a few of his other novels via audio books and am always looking for them on my library trips.
Erin
This was a fairly interesting book set around the Civil War. The characters were pretty interesting.
However the author tended to "tell" me too much instead of "showing" me. The pace was good but some of the outcomes were a little too predictable.
I liked the happy ending. Specially since I wasn't quite sure till the last several pages that it would be...
Katherine Coble
Not my cup of tea at all. Like much Christian fiction, Morris tends to moralise with every introduction. He's never just telling you about a person and a place. It's always "this is John Smith. The ladies love him but common knowledge is that he is a black hearted rogue who cheats at cards."
Judith Mullett
A book I could not put down. Morris won a Christy Award for this book. One of the best books I have read. His characters, setting, and plots are very real and he makes you feel as if you are right there with the characters. As always with Morris, God is always an important ingredient.
Catherine Sandy
This was a real good story about love, integrity, the importance of faith and forgiveness. A doctor and his sister move from New York to Arkansas after the Civil War to help and young widow whose husband he had killed during a battle.
Carol
Great Civil War story. It lets you see a little of what it must have been like to be a involved in the war. The story follows one man and his quest to find forgiveness for killing a rebel.
Rebecca Rash
Slower paced, factual, but none the less a good read from Gilbert Morris.
Chandra
Interesting story. Kept my interest going. 3.5 stars.
Brenda Englade
Brenda Englade marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Sadia
Sadia marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Lois
Lois marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Patricia Krause
Patricia Krause marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Alathia Morgan
Alathia Morgan marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Elizabeth Kunkel
Elizabeth Kunkel marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Katie Hunholz
Katie Hunholz marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Ellis Sims
Ellis Sims marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
  • Toward the Sunrising (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #4)
  • The Friendly Persuasion
  • Dawn of the Golden Promise (Emerald Ballad #5)
  • Sea to Shining Sea (The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister, #5)
  • The Velvet Shadow (Heirs of Cahira O'Connor #3)
  • Over the Edge (Kincaid Brides, #3)
  • The Tamarack Tree
  • Sisters of Mercy Flats (Sisters of Mercy Flats #1)
  • A Place to Belong (Wild West Wind, #3)
  • Lily (Song of the River #1)
  • Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories #4)
  • Need You Now
  • Kelly's Chance (Brides of Lehigh Canal, #1)
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)