Start by marking “National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Wildflowers: Eastern Region” as Want to Read:

National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Wildflowers: Eastern Region (National Audubon Society Field Guides)

The bestselling National Audubon Society field guides to North American wildflowers have been brought to a new level of beauty, accuracy, and usefulness. More than 700 new full-color photos, showing every species both in close-up and in its natural setting, highlight these updated guides. New introductions provide clearer and more complete explanations of how to identify e ...more
Paperback, Revised, 880 pages
Published April 3rd 2001 by Alfred A. Knopf (first published June 12th 1979)

Be the first to ask a question about National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Wildflowers

Linda
Jun 12, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
My edition is a 1997 version of this classic guide to wildflowers. And it is amazing! The introduction gives the reader an explanation of the geographic scope and habitat of what grows in the eastern region of North America. It also includes flower types, parts and forms among other things so you will know how to use this reference guide. So whether you live in Canada or Florida you will find this book helpful.

The pictures are clear and concise and I love that they are arranged by color. How ea
Tasia
Oct 14, 2012 Tasia rated it liked it
Shelves: reference
My 2001 copy is lovely, but some of the photos are just poor quality. Wild Madder, for example, is blurry (as are many), while the Hoary Mountain Mint looks as if it was taken at night with flash! I could take higher-quality photos, as could many casual photographers. Other than the occasional bad photo, it's a good guide for those out in the field in need of a reference.
Malcolm Forman
Jan 29, 2014 Malcolm Forman rated it really liked it
A very detailed informative book that is invaluable for wildflower enthusiasts. I have used this book many times in locating and picking the right flowers for my home garden. My only wish is that more greenhouses and garden centers carried more wildflower varieties. A definite keeper for nature lovers.
David Ward
National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Wildflowers: Eastern Region by National Audubon Society (Alfred A. Knopf 2001)(582.13). This is a useful field guide to identify wildflowers in the eastern United States and Canada. My rating: 7/10, finished 2005.
Kellie
May 31, 2013 Kellie rated it it was amazing
This book served as my textbook since my freshman year and the years beyond including graduate school.
Sheila Myers
Jan 14, 2016 Sheila Myers rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nature
A good field guide to help you identify the wildflowers of the eastern United States.
Jamison Johnson
Sep 08, 2012 Jamison Johnson rated it it was amazing
I think this is an excellent guide for those who enjoy flowers
Ellen
Sep 25, 2010 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Always handy. My copy is getting dogeared, but there is plenty of duct tape to go around!
S.D. Johnson
Sep 14, 2012 S.D. Johnson rated it it was amazing
Ditto what I said for the western region edition. I find there are just as many flowers in this guide as the other, since I am quite central in Canada.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
a good field resource for children, and parents driven to distraction with questions.
Lydia
Lydia rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Robin Willson
Robin Willson rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Rachel Brummet
Rachel Brummet rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2015
Jeannette Warn
Jeannette Warn rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Wendy Flesch
Wendy Flesch rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2008
David
David rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2008
Emylle Franz
Emylle Franz rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Stormlyght
Stormlyght rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
christopher l wood
christopher l wood rated it did not like it
Sep 05, 2015
Jim
Jim rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Robert D Grimes
Robert D Grimes rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2017
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2008
Liam Holmes
Liam Holmes rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2013
Laura rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2007
Fen Taylor
Fen Taylor rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2013
Pam
Pam rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2016
Ruby Sprowls
Ruby Sprowls rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2013
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Eliza A. H. Lord
Eliza A. H. Lord rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Patrick
Patrick rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region
  • The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Reptiles and Amphibians
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to Weather: North America
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Western Region (National Audubon Society Field Guide)
  • A Field Guide to the Birds of Eastern and Central North America
  • A Field Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians: Eastern and Central North America (Peterson Field Guides)
  • A Field Guide to Insects: America North of Mexico
  • Edible Wild Plants: A North American Field Guide
  • The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America
  • Newcomb’s Wildflower Guide
  • Tracking and the Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign
  • A Neotropical Companion: An Introduction to the Animals, Plants, and Ecosystems of the New World Tropics, Revised and Expanded Second Edition
  • The Trees in My Forest
  • A Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs
  • Birds: A Guide to Familiar American Birds
  • A Field Guide to Trees and Shrubs: Northeastern and north-central United States and southeastern and south-central Canada
  • To See Every Bird on Earth: A Father, a Son, and a Lifetime Obsession
The National Audobon Society is an environmental organization.
More about National Audubon Society...

National Audubon Society Field Guides (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Eastern Region
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Butterflies
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to Fishes: North America
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Fossils
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to Insects and Spiders: North America (National Audubon Society Field Guides (Paperback))
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mammals