Start by marking “Ultimate X-Men, Volume 10: Cry Wolf” as Want to Read:
Ultimate X-Men, Volume 10: Cry Wolf

Ultimate X-Men, Volume 10: Cry Wolf (Ultimate X-Men #10)

3.62  ·  Rating Details ·  1,147 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
The Cajun thief is back! But what is he going to steal? And can the X-Men stop him? It's all about the Ragin' Cajun as the mysterious Gambit gives hints of where he's been, what he wants and why the X- Men will not be happy about it.

Collecting: Ultimate X-Men 50-53
Published May 30th 2007 by Marvel (first published February 9th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate X-Men, Volume 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate X-Men, Volume 10

Sesana
Jul 05, 2016 Sesana rated it it was ok
Shelves: superhumans, comics
Yeah, this one really did nothing for me. There's more telling than showing when it comes to character motivation, particularly with Wolverine. There's a mutual attraction between him and Storm, apparently. Huh? He thinks of Rogue as a little sister. What? And I was already really, really sick of being hit over the head with the underwhelming chemistry between Rogue and Gambit in 616 Marvel books. It's far, far worse here, where I felt exactly nothing between them. Plus an overdose of fight ...more
Charles
Edward Cheer
May 13, 2016 Edward Cheer rated it it was ok
Why, Vaughan. Why.

Okay, okay, okay... This isn't a horrible comic, but come ON! Really? Vaughan, I thought you were better than this.

Why did you hurt me, Vaughan? I trusted you.

X-Men Volume 10 is about the X-Men falling in love and continually backstabbing each other. It gets incredibly ridiculous at certain points. I seriously thought if there was anything that would bring the team down, it might be a combination of a little of that and some idealistic differences- kind of why Magneto and Xavie
Andrew
Jan 10, 2009 Andrew rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads
This is the second volume of Brian K Vaughan's run on Ultimate X-Men. While the story isn't as strong as the previous volume, it's still quite good and very likable. The art duties fall upon Andy Kubert who does well with characters but can be lacking in the atmosphere/setting department. The main example of this problem being the Fernis Headquarters. It's almost non-descript and seems to be comprised of one large empty room.

Vaughan does an excellent job with the dialog and really shows his str
Amy!
I bought this after reading Storm, Vol. 1: Make it Rain and deciding I needed more Storm/Logan in my life. Also, Brian K. Vaughan wrote it. After reading it, I remembered how much I liked the first volume of Ultimate X-Men when it came out when I was in high school. So now, I'm reading that and may try to read the entire Ultimate X-Men run. Because I have nothing else to read.
Chris
Apr 05, 2007 Chris rated it liked it
I've always avoided the Ultimate line because it just seemed fake. I know that the original wold is made up as well, but its the X-Men, only its not the X-Men. I undestand the desire to pretend that a lot of the clones, future incarnations, and false-deaths hadn't happened, but you can't just go and ignore it all; it sort of strikes me as professional, Marvel sponsored fan-fic. I bought this volume, however, because Vaughan wrote it. It was definately good and had his trade-mark witty dialogue, ...more
Rob
I liked the von Strucker twins as villains but I think more could have been done with them. It’s interesting to me that Dazzler seems to be the only mutant that changes at all significantly from X universe to X universe, I felt the Rogue/Gambit storyline was a bit overly familiar. I think that given they are taking familiar characters to an unmapped world it would be nice to see bolder storylines.
Eric England
Apr 19, 2014 Eric England rated it liked it
Ultimate X-Men Volume 10: Cry Wolf is an interesting X-Men story with a great script and art. It is nothing game-changing, but has great character interactions and moments for all of the X-Men. The reinventions of the Fenris Twins, Dazzler, and the Gambit-Rogue romance are particularly intriguing.
Shaun
Aug 02, 2012 Shaun rated it really liked it
I really liked to see Rogue struggle with her powers and her place in the X-men. Gambit was one of my favorite mutants as a kid so it was really fun to see his return. Rogue's characters really allows the writer and artist to explore the ambiguity of what makes a character good and evil.
Jedhua
Aug 27, 2016 Jedhua rated it liked it
Shelves: hell-of-a-ride
Book Info: This collection contains Ultimate X-Men issues #50-53.

{2.5/5 stars}
John
Dec 04, 2012 John rated it it was ok
Another Marvel collection I picked up very cheap used, mostly due to my admiration for writer Brian K. Vaughan. This is clearly not among his strongest work, and is merely just a decent time-waster. Good art, nothing earth-shattering for a story. Just okay, nothing more.
John White
Jul 09, 2015 John White rated it liked it
More enjoyable than expected. Interesting portrayals of the characters, but it makes a few leaps with their motivation. The art in my opinion is very good. A good solid read. If you are following the series then definitely give this a go.
Renata
Nov 12, 2013 Renata rated it liked it
X-Men at their soap opera-y-est. Which is not to say that I did not like it.

Also, Gambit has an ahMAHzing perm in this.
Michael
Aug 05, 2009 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This volume shows Vaughan's great character narrative in Gambit. While the Gambit/Rogue narrative has been done, and again, this is a fresh take on a tired theme.
Frank Taranto
Jul 18, 2009 Frank Taranto rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I enjoyed this one, just too much going on that I don't know the prestory yet for me to catch everything
Krystl Louwagie
Jul 28, 2014 Krystl Louwagie rated it it was amazing
This is actually my second time reading this, but damn, Brian K. Vaughan writing Gambit and Rogue deserves a second read.
Aliza
Feb 10, 2011 Aliza rated it liked it
If every single X-men had manic mood swings, this is what they would be like. Engaging if a little overwhelming. Art is bright and eye-popping.
Talyseon Talyseon
One of the shorter volumes of the series, compiling four issues, but none the less, a good story. Check out my full review: Ultimate X-Men: Cry Wolf
Zach Danielson
I like the way Vaughan is mixing things up for the Ultimate version of the X-Men.
Katie Nelson
Jun 17, 2008 Katie Nelson rated it it was ok
I only read this because it focuses on Rogue and Gambit, who are my absolute favorite xmen characters. It really wasn't that good.
Joaquin
Joaquin rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Davidvaughan
Davidvaughan rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Falko
Falko rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
Issam
Issam rated it it was ok
Feb 19, 2010
Jirapat Pinatha
Jirapat Pinatha rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Julian Morales
Julian Morales rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2013
Aaron
Aaron rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2009
Em
Em rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Frank Byrns
Frank Byrns rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2011
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 7: Blockbuster
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 6: Return of the King
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 14: Phoenix?
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 19: Absolute Power
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo
More about Brian K. Vaughan...

Ultimate X-Men (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 1: The Tomorrow People