I Ching Workbook

I Ching Workbook

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The 5,000-year-old Chinese book of wisdom, presented in a unique work-book format designed to help truth-seekers find new meaning and enlightenment in its ancient lore.
Published December 19th 1978 by Harmony

Bert Carson
R.L. Wing translated three books - The Tao, The Art of War (Strategy), and the I Ching. My library would be incomplete without them.
Tita
As with my recent (re-)purchase of Richard Wilhelm's larger translation, I recently (re-)bought this book because I haven't been able to find my old and well-worn copy (long story). I am thrilled to have it again.

I love this version of the I Ching for its brevity, its simplicity, when I need a reading that is clear and to-the-point. This "workbook" format also allows me to track my questions and how many times a particular hexagram has come up, how many times a specific moving line has come up a...more
Athen Zachary
This book belonged to my mother and I borrowed it from her when I was about 15. It became a permanent loan and, 24 years later and one tattered, torn copy since, I still use it sometimes daily.

The hexagram interpretations are westernized, pragmatic and oriented toward the business world more than personal relationships or self development. That said, this book is great for beginners, with a history of the Book of Change, a clear description of how to use it for divination and contemplation and a...more
Michele
I have had this workbook since the early '80s - it is really worn out and has been a part of my life since then. I use danish heart coins to toss with this book. I couldn't get my head around using the sticks instead, even though I was given some...
Tigress
This is my oracle bible. I have one copy that's so worn out that the cover has come off and many of the pages are missing. I finally broke down and got another one. Hopefully, this one will last a while.
Joe Fiala
Very cool and useful book. The page layout is excellent and easy for quick, initial readings. Space for note-taking and reasonably clear interpretations.
Esther Miller
Just for fun. Y Ching is a life system based on a Chinese Philosopher's mathematical calculations after seeing a pattern on a tortoise shell.
Alicia
Jan 20, 2008 Alicia marked it as to-read
Shelves: new-age
This looks hot. I wonder if I'd enjoy using this a lot.
nicole
Feb 20, 2008 nicole added it
had this book for years and still use it
Lisa
Lisa is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2014
Liz
Liz added it
May 24, 2014
Alphonsus
Alphonsus marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Ritch Flynn
Ritch Flynn marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Devrim
Devrim marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Roland Graham
Roland Graham marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Tao of Power: Lao Tzu's Classic Guide to Leadership, Influence, and Excellence [A new translation of the Tao Te Ching] The Illustrated I Ching The I Ching Workbook Manual Pratico de I Ching The Art of War