Start by marking “Don't Step On The Crack” as Want to Read:
Don't Step On The Crack

Don't Step On The Crack

3.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  20 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
When confronted by a crack in the sidewalk, kids of all ages know that you must never ever step on it. And why not? Just what could happen? In this wonderfully zany adventure a little boy finds out that such a fateful step (even if his mother's back is just fine) could lead to all sorts of startling and weird occurrences! And readers who step inside the pages of this splen ...more
Paperback
Published February 4th 2002 by HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks (first published May 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Step On The Crack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Step On The Crack

Sara Lemonade
They won't tell you which crack is the crack you shouldn't step on, or if there even is a crack you shouldn't step on. It could be any crack, so don't step on any crack. It could be no crack, but you don't want to chance something bad happening. What could happen? They won't tell you that either; it could be anything. Anything bad. Or it could be nothing.
Sandee
The kids liked this book because they are currently obsessed with the game. I found the book to be a bit weird--so maybe I am too grown up for it. We liked the illustrations though.
Jessica Jernigan
Apr 14, 2015 Jessica Jernigan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zuri-1000-by-5
this book was not well written and a little scary for a children's book. my daughter enjoys the scary books usually but the author and illustrations took this a bit far.
Cindy
Apr 17, 2015 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite funny I should say.
Dee-Ann
read at library to my sons special needs class. it was a favourite with the other kids in my sons class, but did not grab my son's attention.
Mckinley
Jan 24, 2014 Mckinley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture, humor
Yes we've done it as a child. I think this book goes too far. The boy is afraid to move by the end.
Heather
Aug 22, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-childrens
Funny stuff! It was a good reminder of just how silly some superstitions can be.
Christina
Jan 02, 2009 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
We absolutly love this one at our house.
Grace Hampton
Grace Hampton marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Alison
Alison rated it it was ok
May 09, 2016
Toni
Toni added it
Mar 10, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
S
S rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2015
Aiyah
Aiyah added it
Jun 15, 2016
Deaundra Alexander
Deaundra Alexander marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Roy Ellice
Roy Ellice marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Christine Roberts
Christine Roberts rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Cody
Cody rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2014
Nora
Nora marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Danielle Ferreira
Danielle Ferreira rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2014
Kelle Lawson
Kelle Lawson marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Shannon Blake
Shannon Blake rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Anne
Anne added it
Jan 21, 2014
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Growing up in his native England, the young Colin McNaughton had little indication that he would one day become an author-illustrator. There were no books at all in his parents' home, he recalls, but there were always comics. These were his formative literature, and their slapstick humor has been a lasting influence. "I've been talking about the comic format for years," he says. "It's the modern w ...more
More about Colin McNaughton...