Start by marking “The Stories of Devil-Girl” as Want to Read:
The Stories of Devil-Girl

The Stories of Devil-Girl

"Devil-Girl" is a storyteller smaller than a stain and larger than life, a mythic figure roaming the globe. Born into Brooklyn housing projects and the nightmares of her immigrant family, she becomes a runaway in the human marketplace of the streets of New York. Accompanied by her sense of outrage and sense of humor, ghosts of the ancestors and her prophetic vision, she mo ...more
Published May 7th 2008 by Modern History Press

To ask other readers questions about The Stories of Devil-Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stories of Devil-Girl

Annie Fyfe
Jan 17, 2012 Annie Fyfe rated it liked it
I wasn't a huge fan of this book, and I feel that with this book it is a little hit or miss, either you would like it or you wouldn't. I can apprectiate the writting style and I thought the author did a fantastic job with this. However it was a very depressing book and I didn't like some of the chapter/stories topics, although I realize they all need to be in there to make it complete but there were definately some that I liked more than others. Some of it got a little too weird for me but there ...more
Jo Linsdell
Apr 21, 2009 Jo Linsdell rated it liked it
The Stories of Devil-girl tells of a young girls fight to survive. It deals with various types of abuse from her life as a child and that of life on the streets as a young woman.

In an original and powerful mix of poetry and story telling, Anya Achtenberg lays herself bare in this partly autobiographical series of short stories.

An educational eye opener. This moving tale should be used by teachers as a tool. It’s strong message, although full of pain and suffering, is an important one.

The Stori
Sherry Lee
Oct 01, 2010 Sherry Lee rated it it was amazing
I've heard Anya read stories from her nouvella and listened to the CD of THE STORIES OF DEVIL-GIRL. An incredible author and teacher. Check out her web site.
Agdevine
Jan 25, 2016 Agdevine rated it liked it
Relevant to contemporary life. Harsh. Deep in expression of consciousness. Disappointing in visual imagery--
KrisT
KrisT rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2008
Brycie Jones
Brycie Jones rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2013
Jack
Jack rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2015
Victor
Victor rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2008
Leslie Waugh
Leslie Waugh rated it really liked it
May 07, 2013
Krysia
Krysia marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2008
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2009
Olive
Olive added it
Nov 13, 2010
Matt Ruff
Matt Ruff marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2011
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2011
Josie
Josie marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2012
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2008
justablondemoment
justablondemoment marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Mira
Mira marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016