Start by marking “Arab-Israel Untuk Pemula” as Want to Read:
Arab-Israel Untuk Pemula

Arab-Israel Untuk Pemula (For Beginners)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The history of the Middle East goes back about 12,000 years, most of which was not marked by fighting between Arabs and Jews. Documenting the Middle East from ancient times to present, Arabs & Israel for Beginners is one of few books cover the issues of both Jews and Arabs objectively, insightfully and in an easy-to-read style. Some of the provocative issues and topics ...more
Published 2006 by Resist Book (first published December 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Arab-Israel Untuk Pemula, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arab-Israel Untuk Pemula

T
Nov 09, 2011 T rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember first reading this book many many years ago. [return]After reading it I ended up taking several courses in Political Science and Middle East history at university, and have read all of the classic academic works from Noam Chomsky and Norman Finkelstein to Edward Said, Israel Shahak, Charles Smith and Ilan Pappe. [return]I now know my Middle East history back and forth, and have spent years researching and reading on this topic. [return][return]This book is an absolutely excellent intr ...more
Thomas Ray
Mar 05, 2016 Thomas Ray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very readable account. Zionists are the bad guys. The state of Israel has no right to exist. Every bit of land was taken by murder and theft from the Palestinians who had been there for thousands of years. U.S. foreign policy has been captured by AIPAC, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. The New York Times, CBS, all the major media, are controlled by Zionists, present a false, one-sided story.

Zionist Jews in the United States during WWII persuaded the U.S. government to refuse to acce
Lexi
A fantastic read on the long history of the region and the myths that we perpetrate as "facts" about the conflicts. Biased, but who isn't after a deep study of the issue, toward a free secular Palestine and points out rightly the complicity of Britain, the US, and France in the subjugation of the Palestinian people for the last century or more. A must read!
Sunny
Sep 25, 2015 Sunny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history, middle-east
Such an incredibly useful book, complete with handy sidebars and illustrations. It's a quickly, remarkably easy read about fairly complex politics and history.

As a history buff, I know that many situations we all take for granted and perceived "facts" about the world are often either untrue or rooted in crazy-sauce. So, it's nice to find this matter of fact guide explaining the Middle East. It includes a lengthy bibliography so you can continue your research.

By the way, this is one of those book
Taco Papica
Aug 21, 2012 Taco Papica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great and easy read. History has never been this interesting.
Doutor Branco
Aug 08, 2014 Doutor Branco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lidos-em-2014
It is a wonderful book, very light for reading, but very profound in its content. I identified myself with the writer and changed my idea some years go. Hope that this book will help others to catch the reality as well. Highly recommended!
Miroku Nemeth
Feb 08, 2015 Miroku Nemeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I originally read this back in the '90's. It was much more enjoyable, just as informative, and even less dated than say, Chomsky's "The Fateful Triangle". While it is sometimes irreverent, it is powerful. Wish it was in all American's libraries. It's a great start for insight. I would also highly recommend books like Edward Said's "A Question of Palestine", Ilan Pappe's "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine", Max Blumenthal's "Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel", though, if one has a liki ...more
Jerry Huffman
Aug 29, 2009 Jerry Huffman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A more politically incorrect view of the arab-israeli conflict. Some interesting insights from more Arab perspective. Not sure how much these insights really influence the larger political and super-power issues in the Middle East.
Siobhan O' Sullivan
This book was a real eye-opener! I've learned a lot about extremest religion and corruption... well worth reading, it will change the way you have been propagandised to feel....
Eric
Mar 10, 2009 Eric rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I never knew how little I knew about the Middle East until I read this book...I would HIGHLY recommend this to EVERYONE as an essential (and easy) read...
Kelvin Ho
Oct 19, 2009 Kelvin Ho rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
A simple , easy to understand about the Israel-Palestine conflict. For curious beginners, it would be a good start.
Margaret
Aug 17, 2011 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Required reading for most of us!
Brent
Jun 03, 2012 Brent marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
I love Beginners books.
Sham Al-Ghazali
It was a comic. Never again.
Tim Khouri
Tim Khouri marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Dg Noc
Dg Noc rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Gus
Gus rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
J Roy
J Roy rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Alik Gharibian
Alik Gharibian marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Marv DC
Marv DC marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Leo
Leo marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Rob
Rob rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Tim Schorr
Tim Schorr rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Heyder Affan
Heyder Affan is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

For Beginners (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • African History For Beginners