Green Eyes

Green Eyes

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  464 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Anna Traverne can never forget the dark and handsome jewel thief whom she thwarted back in England - a bold intruder who inflamed her passions with his brazen caress. And now Julian Chase has followed her halfway around the world, vowing a tender revenge on the enchanting, silver-blond angel who robbed him of his birthright...and his heart.

Librarian's Note: the ISBN for th...more
Mass Market Paperback, 390 pages
Published 1991 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Green Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Eyes

Misfit
The girl: Anna Traverne. With her husband dead, she's forced to leave their plantation on Ceylon and live with her brother-in-law, and said BIL is hot to trot with Anna. One night she can't sleep and whilst in the library (or similar room - I forget) quietly sitting in a chair, she spots a cat burglar in the room going after a jewel case in a hidden compartment she's never heard of. Will he spot her? Should she shout for help to stop the burglar? How did the burglar know exactly where to go to f...more
Andrea Guy
When Anna Traverne, discovers a housebreaker her world is turned upside down. She's a widow staying with her brother in law and his wife, only he wants to make her his mistress in exchange for a roof over her head.

Thankfully the housebreaker leaves her with the emeralds he was stealing and she manages to make her way to Ceylon. A few months later, her housebreaker finds her, intent on getting the emeralds back and getting Anna in his bed.

This book just didn't click with me. There were just too m...more
Deepthi Terenz
Anna Traverne, a young widow with a daughter, faces a terrible choice: become the mistress of her brother-in-law Graham, Lord Ridley, or be tossed out of the family home. But when Anna interrupts a robbery, she ends up with the Traverne emeralds, and no one but the foiled thief, Graham's dispossessed half-brother Julian Chase, knows it. Anna quietly turns the stones into cash and sails to Ceylon, where she buys back the tea plantation she lost at her husband's death. Eventually Julian arrives to...more
Lacey Weatherford
I bought this book a while back and it has been sitting in my tbr pile waiting for me to get around to reading it. I finally picked it up the other day and delved right into it.

I actually really enjoyed this story. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a "good ole historical romance novel" and this one fit the bill nicely for me. I enjoyed traveling to the exotic location with the characters and being a gentle observer of their lives for a bit.

The characters were fun for me and had good chemistry,...more
beppy
synopsis:
anna surprises an intruder one night in her brother-in-law's house. once she has him subdued, the magistrate takes over. anna takes the jewels that she finds on the intruders person and heads back to ceylon, where she will be out of reach of her brother-in-law. julian was trying to obtain the jewels that were rightfully his when he got caught and put in gaol. after he is freed, he heads after anna to retrieve his jewels. he follows her to ceylon, and makes himself indispensible as he ge...more
Anna Mcfadden
Story has it all, from a guy stealing gems, to a women running from her brother in law who wants her as his mistress, to the man being put in prison, to his escape, to the journey to the island where the women went, to killings and D Allingham in love. It has everything. One of her best so far.
Jae
Entertaining with some subtle twists on an otherwise old skool theme, but it really fell apart at the end. I wouldn't have bought it at full price but I don't regret the .99c.
Maru
Como en la edición que yo tengo aparece la cara de una mujer en la tapa, no tenía ni idea que era una novela histórica, y fue una grata sorpresa porque amo las novelas históricas.
El libro me gustó y me entretuvo. También me sacó muchas sonrisas. Me gustó el cambio de paisaje y me gustaron los personajes. Julian está muy idealizado, como todos los protagonistas de este género, pero bueno, soñar un poco con un hombre como él no hace mal. Y Anna me pareció una buena protagonista femenina. Muchos d...more
Kim
**2.5 stars**

Not horrible, but not great either. I love her romantic suspense, but I never read her books back when she wrote historicals. This was a Kindle cheapy.
Elle
Anna Traverne is in a fix. She's a penniless widow with a little girl - and the only person offering to help her - her stuffy brother-in-law - expects her to repay his kindness in his bed. Then a criminal breaks into the family home and steals a fortune's worth of emeralds, only to leave the gems with her when he's forced to run for his life. Seizing the opportunity, Anna takes her daughter and a friend and heads to Ceylon, where she once lived with her husband. When the thief shows up demanding...more
Maria
It took weeks to struggle through this book by which time I was reminded why I no longer read historical novels. No one seems to be able to re-create a period in history. All they can do is put in a few historical superficialities and then make the characters behave in a twentieth or twenty-first century manner. Unfortunately I thought I was getting a romantic-suspense or a mystery when I bought this book online, so that didn't help.
Laura James
I put off reading this book for awhile because the reviews on it seemed pretty poor. However, Karen Robards is one of my favorite romance authors, and this is one of only a couple of her books that I hadn't read yet. I thought it was quite good. Not her best work, but a fun and pleasurable read. Even her "bad" books are better than most of the other stuff I've read in this genre.
Books like this really make me wonder if past eras could possibly be so surreptitiously steamy as some authors would like us to believe... I don't quite believe it, and the drama/story isn't enough to make up for the irritating abundance of embarrassing detail.
Darby
Once upon a time I had a friend that used to fly through these type of romance novels. They were cheap and easy...in more ways then one and so she gave me sacks of them after she was done. So for a while it is all I read because as I said they are cheap and easy.
Sarah Sammis
I read this book first time when I borrowed it from my mother as a preteen. Spent years trying to remember which book I'd read so I could find a copy and re-read it.
Pamela(AllHoney)
This was really a reread, though I'd forgotten it til I started reading it and parts seemed familiar to me. It was just a so-so book for me.
Jill Paul
This was a light, quick read. The beginning was laugh out loud funny in a cheesy romance way but overall the book was entertaining.
Renee
This one was strange for me, I didnt know a lot of the words because it was set in 1830 something, but it was ok, good suspense.
Dee
Thsi book was a gentle book to read. Wasn't as captivating as I thought it would be but it was enjoyable.
Gisele
It was really hard to finish!! OMG! this book is my first bad romance novel!! :S
Shalon
this book was just a little to much... too much going on... way too many plot lines
Btari mutia
magnificent! i was madly in love with that charming thief! JULIAN!
Alicia
One of my favorites by Karen Robards, it's a fun and romantic read.
Dana
This is the only romance book I've ever read. It wasn't bad.
L.
This was the book that started my Karen Robards phase.
Rachel
boring, and the hero annoyed me. didn't finish.
Leovaful
still not finish reading it..hehehehe
  • Night Secrets
  • Love, Cherish Me
  • Dark Before the Rising Sun
  • Pure Temptation
  • Knights
  • The Dragon and the Jewel (Medieval Plantagenet #2)
  • Black Silk
  • Shadow Play
  • Dearly Beloved
  • Night in Eden
Karen was born on 24 August 1954 in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. She has been writing since she was a teenager. She sold her first short story, when was very young, and was published in the December 1973 Reader's Digest, but she cannot sold her first romance novel until 1981, when she was 24. After it, she dropped out of law school to pursue her writing career. Today, a regular on the New York Times...more
More about Karen Robards...
Shattered Bait One Summer The Last Victim Shiver

“Believe me, it quite broke my heart. Would you like to kiss me to make it all better?” 0 likes