Start by marking “Green Eyes” as Want to Read:
Green Eyes

Green Eyes

Anna Traverne can never forget the dark and handsome jewel thief whom she thwarted back in England - a bold intruder who inflamed her passions with his brazen caress. And now Julian Chase has followed her halfway around the world, vowing a tender revenge on the enchanting, silver-blond angel who robbed him of his birthright...and his heart.

Librarian's Note: the ISBN for th
Mass Market Paperback, 390 pages
Published 1991 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Green Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Eyes

Misfit
Jul 20, 2014 Misfit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The girl: Anna Traverne. With her husband dead, she's forced to leave their plantation on Ceylon and live with her brother-in-law, and said BIL is hot to trot with Anna. One night she can't sleep and whilst in the library (or similar room - I forget) quietly sitting in a chair, she spots a cat burglar in the room going after a jewel case in a hidden compartment she's never heard of. Will he spot her? Should she shout for help to stop the burglar? How did the burglar know exactly where to go to f ...more
Regan Walker
Jul 26, 2016 Regan Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: exotic-locale
A Mystery Surrounding Emeralds and Love on a Ceylon Tea Plantation!

Set in 1832, this is the story of Anna Traverne, who is left penniless after her husband dies in Ceylon where they had a tea plantation. Now she and her 5-year-old daughter are at the mercy of her husband’s brother, Graham, who, though married, wants Anna in his bed. She resists and is hiding away in the study one night when a man breaks in and tries to steal the Queen’s emeralds, a set of family jewels that was hidden away in a
Andrea Guy
When Anna Traverne, discovers a housebreaker her world is turned upside down. She's a widow staying with her brother in law and his wife, only he wants to make her his mistress in exchange for a roof over her head.

Thankfully the housebreaker leaves her with the emeralds he was stealing and she manages to make her way to Ceylon. A few months later, her housebreaker finds her, intent on getting the emeralds back and getting Anna in his bed.

This book just didn't click with me. There were just too m
Xiamera
Oct 01, 2016 Xiamera rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was an ok book overall. I wasn't a big fan of the elements of Indian culture that were incorporated however. This probably stems from it being a portrayal of the rather unsavoury side of worshiping a deity. I didn't really like Julian being in touch with his emotions because they contradicted his actions. I would've preferred him to be one way or the other. As for Anna, she was the typical shy, timid heroine which I would've bought wholesale if she hadn't been married before. That should have ...more
Noelia
Prefiero a Karne Robards en histórica con diferencia, sus novelas contemporáneas me parecen muy flojas. Sin embargo, éste no es de sus mejores libros, se queda en entretenido porque la pareja protagonista no llama mucho la atención.
Sylvia
Jun 02, 2017 Sylvia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay. I question the historical accuracy of this book and I am not thrilled about who the author decided should be the "villains".

But aside from that, it was a reasonably entertaining old school romance.
Brenda
May 31, 2017 Brenda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a long time ago. Karen Robards was my fav author at the time.
Jessica Backus
Jun 27, 2017 Jessica Backus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not what I thought it was going to be but turned out to be amazing!!!
Deepthi Terenz
Anna Traverne, a young widow with a daughter, faces a terrible choice: become the mistress of her brother-in-law Graham, Lord Ridley, or be tossed out of the family home. But when Anna interrupts a robbery, she ends up with the Traverne emeralds, and no one but the foiled thief, Graham's dispossessed half-brother Julian Chase, knows it. Anna quietly turns the stones into cash and sails to Ceylon, where she buys back the tea plantation she lost at her husband's death. Eventually Julian arrives to ...more
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
anna surprises an intruder one night in her brother-in-law's house. once she has him subdued, the magistrate takes over. anna takes the jewels that she finds on the intruders person and heads back to ceylon, where she will be out of reach of her brother-in-law. julian was trying to obtain the jewels that were rightfully his when he got caught and put in gaol. after he is freed, he heads after anna to retrieve his jewels. he follows her to ceylon, and makes himself indispensible as he ge
Sandra Cook
Sep 20, 2016 Sandra Cook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maru
Como en la edición que yo tengo aparece la cara de una mujer en la tapa, no tenía ni idea que era una novela histórica, y fue una grata sorpresa porque amo las novelas históricas.
El libro me gustó y me entretuvo. También me sacó muchas sonrisas. Me gustó el cambio de paisaje y me gustaron los personajes. Julian está muy idealizado, como todos los protagonistas de este género, pero bueno, soñar un poco con un hombre como él no hace mal. Y Anna me pareció una buena protagonista femenina. Muchos d
Elle
Aug 26, 2010 Elle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anna Traverne is in a fix. She's a penniless widow with a little girl - and the only person offering to help her - her stuffy brother-in-law - expects her to repay his kindness in his bed. Then a criminal breaks into the family home and steals a fortune's worth of emeralds, only to leave the gems with her when he's forced to run for his life. Seizing the opportunity, Anna takes her daughter and a friend and heads to Ceylon, where she once lived with her husband. When the thief shows up demanding ...more
penelopewanders
This is not actually the cover on mine. There were quite a few clichés here - new widow being preyed upon by lecherous brother-in-law, click; unacknowledged half-brother of gypsy blood, click; heart-of-gold ex-prostitute as trustworthy companion, click...etc. I have enjoyed a number of books by this author, but this was not a favorite. I did check the date of publication to see about the "you say you don't want me but I know you really do" relationship, among other things. Aside from the clichés ...more
Maria
Dec 02, 2010 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It took weeks to struggle through this book by which time I was reminded why I no longer read historical novels. No one seems to be able to re-create a period in history. All they can do is put in a few historical superficialities and then make the characters behave in a twentieth or twenty-first century manner. Unfortunately I thought I was getting a romantic-suspense or a mystery when I bought this book online, so that didn't help.
Cindy Woods
Not very good

I've read several books this author....she can write. This is a very poor example, though. This one almost put me to sleep as it dragged on and on, back and forth with the angst and mumisunderstandings. I definitely would not recommend this book. It is a bore. Try Forbidden Love.
Laura James
Dec 10, 2009 Laura James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I put off reading this book for awhile because the reviews on it seemed pretty poor. However, Karen Robards is one of my favorite romance authors, and this is one of only a couple of her books that I hadn't read yet. I thought it was quite good. Not her best work, but a fun and pleasurable read. Even her "bad" books are better than most of the other stuff I've read in this genre.
Heide Katros
I don't like this format that you lose what you wrote when you decide to meander to another part of the page. I wrote that I am not quite finished with Green Eyes. It is pure romance with all the pitfalls that accompany the journey for finding true love. Hate the idea that this novel will end soon.
Darby
Feb 08, 2008 Darby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama-romance
Once upon a time I had a friend that used to fly through these type of romance novels. They were cheap and easy...in more ways then one and so she gave me sacks of them after she was done. So for a while it is all I read because as I said they are cheap and easy.
Mar 02, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Books like this really make me wonder if past eras could possibly be so surreptitiously steamy as some authors would like us to believe... I don't quite believe it, and the drama/story isn't enough to make up for the irritating abundance of embarrassing detail.
Anna Mcfadden
Jun 22, 2014 Anna Mcfadden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story has it all, from a guy stealing gems, to a women running from her brother in law who wants her as his mistress, to the man being put in prison, to his escape, to the journey to the island where the women went, to killings and D Allingham in love. It has everything. One of her best so far.
Rae
Dec 18, 2016 Rae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Journey

This book had so many twists and turns. I would have never guessed all the p l it's and sub plots. Quite entertaining and different in many ways. Suggest any one will enjoy this book.
SUE PERRY-KUN
Jul 30, 2016 SUE PERRY-KUN rated it really liked it
Finished 1st Reading: 08/20/2010
Finished 2nd Reading: 01/10/2016 5:11a Sunday

Purchased New - Paperback

ISBN 0-380-75889-X
Sarah Sammis
I read this book first time when I borrowed it from my mother as a preteen. Spent years trying to remember which book I'd read so I could find a copy and re-read it.
Dana
Dec 22, 2007 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the only romance book I've ever read. It wasn't bad.
Tracyk
Feb 14, 2015 Tracyk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not your usual type of Hero. Julian is a thief but one hot guy. I loved the battle of will and the verbal sparring between H & H.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nita Eyster
Dec 28, 2012 Nita Eyster rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hated it.....dog tags and TSTL
Cherhonda Murchison
One of my all time favorite books!!!
Renee
Jun 27, 2012 Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was strange for me, I didnt know a lot of the words because it was set in 1830 something, but it was ok, good suspense.
  • Night Secrets
  • Notorious
  • Love, Cherish Me (Aguilar's Fate, #1)
  • The Dragon and the Jewel (Medieval Plantagenet #2)
  • Knights
  • Moontide Embrace
  • The Spanish Rose
  • Shadow Dance
  • The Tiger Prince
  • Pure Temptation
Karen Robards is the New York Times, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of more than fifty books and one novella. She has won multiple awards including six Affaire de Coeur Silver Pen Awards for favorite author.
Karen has been writing since she was very young, and was first published nationally in the December 1973 Reader's Digest. She sold her first romance novel, ISLAND FLAME, wh
More about Karen Robards...