Start by marking “Birds of Prey, Vol. 8: Blood and Circuits” as Want to Read:
Birds of Prey, Vol. 8: Blood and Circuits

Birds of Prey, Vol. 8: Blood and Circuits (Birds of Prey I #8)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  416 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Popular writer Gail Simone introduces an all-new Birds of Prey team in this action-packed volume! After being paralyzed by the Joker, former Batgirl Barbara Gordon became Oracle and formed a crime-fighting team with other female heroes including the martial artist with a devastating sonic scream, Black Canary, the vigilante known as the Huntress and the mysterious Lady Bla ...more
Published August 1st 2007 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Birds of Prey, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birds of Prey, Vol. 8

Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
This is quite late into the series, and my first encounter with this superhero team-up, but I still loved this book. It doesn't really stand alone - a lot of momentum is carried over from past storylines and there's a lot that builds towards future resolutions - but this was a nice, chewy chunk of superheroic storytellin, equally long on character and combat. It's just a bit too talky at times, but then again it has Big Barda! If only more of DC's titles that this tone - grounded in believable, ...more
Matt Thomas
Black Canary does her best to be a mother to Sin, the Birds try to help Black Alice from being used by Talia Al-Ghul et al, we meet Misfit who tries to be Batgirl, Black Canary leaves the team, the Birds break a young girl out of a Mexican prison so that her father will provide evidence against the Mob, and Oracle must face her old foe, Spy Smasher.

A lot of detail here and I haven't read much in the series. Nonetheless, this was fun and well-done. Especially the cliff-hanger ending.
Jordan
Definitely my least favorite Birds of Prey volume so far. The team loses a bit of their chemistry here with Black Canary dropping out and a couple new capes being added suddenly. Also, some of the art was horrible, especially the faces. I'm assuming there was an artist change responsible for this because I hadn't noticed the art being particularly poor in any of the previous volumes. The way Oracle seems to concede so easily at the end to Spy Smasher just felt a bit off to me as well.
Annice22
I couldn't find this in the trade edition (since it's pretty much out of print), so I had to go to various comic book stores to find all the issues in this volume. And it was so worth it.

This was great. Gail Simone has a real knack with writing these characters and creating an exciting group of story.
Justin
There's some dreadful art and the storytelling's erratic, but Simone's great at writing fully developed characters, and that's mostly what carries this book. The second half picks up, with the character interactions as compelling as the plot.
Andy 117
More Birds of Prey from Gail Simone and co., in a volume that, funnily enough, has more Birds of Prey.

Oracle's got a problem. Her usually infallible data bank is spitting out more and more falsities to heroes on the field that could really use some genuinely reliable information - with hilarious results! Meanwhile, Black Alice, a powerful teenager who wields magic beyond even her own comprehension, is vied for, by the Birds of Prey, and a rather evil society of witches, wizards, magicians and my
Claire
Another compelling story by Gail Simone.

The character art is significantly different in this volume which took some getting used to to keep track of the characters.
Robert
By the end, it became too disjointed
The Birds of Prey lost Black Canary, only to gain a much larger cast of characters, and a much bigger canvas for Simone and company to draw on. With Canary leaving, Oracle draws up a new roster, and for her last two volumes on the title, she delivers BIG stories with HUGE action set-pieces. The jailbreak here is audacious, and Barda's reaction to be riddled with bullets is hilarious. A breath of fresh air for a long-running series. All of the heart, ten times the zaniness.
Alan
The good-Gail Simone widens the Birds cast and Kate Spencer and Barda play significant roles in the story. Barda is given a sense of humor, and not the character has never had one-most writers just ignore her dry wit. Spencer remains a good character who depends on her brains and not brawn. Some small plot twists makes this an above average entry in the series.
Sesana
Not my favorite Birds of Prey volume. Black Canary leaves partway through, which starts a storyline that I'm not wild about. That said, Big Barda also joins the team, and I love Big Barda.
Michael
This ends on a particular depressing note. I'm not looking forward to having the end this series, but I'm thankful it's been as good as it has.
Shannon Appelcline
The final Black Canary story is great. The next one is an interesting setup, but needs to gel.
John Yelverton
The author takes her original concept and cranks it up on steroids to some effect.
Jen M.
Jen M. marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
blue
blue marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Ajana Johnson
Ajana Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
  • Gotham Central, Vol. 5: Dead Robin
  • Blue Beetle, Volume 1: Shellshocked
  • Nightwing/Huntress
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 1: The Next Age
Gail Simone is a comic book writer well-known for her work on Birds of Prey (DC), Wonder Woman (DC), and Deadpool (Marvel), among others, and has also written humorous and critical commentary on comics and the comics industry such as the original "Women in Refrigerators" website and a regular column called "You'll All Be Sorry".
More about Gail Simone...

Birds of Prey I (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 1
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 7: Perfect Pitch
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 9: Dead of Winter
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 10: Club Kids
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 11: Metropolis or Dust
Batgirl, Vol. 1: The Darkest Reflection Batgirl, Vol. 2: Knightfall Descends Villains United Batgirl, Vol. 3: Death of the Family Birds of Prey, Vol. 1: End Run