Start by marking “Riding on Instinct (Wild Riders, #3)” as Want to Read:
Riding on Instinct (Wild Riders, #3)

Riding on Instinct (Wild Riders #3)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  3,287 ratings  ·  116 reviews
"Hot, sexy, romantic suspense at its best"(New York Times bestselling author Lora Leigh) from the national bestselling author of Riding Temptation.

Department of Justice agent Shadoe Grayson is out to prove she's no rookie, and eagerly accepts her first undercover assignment at a strip club in New Orleans. Working with the Wild Riders, a government agency of bad boy bikers
Trade Paperback, 296 pages
Published April 7th 2009 by Berkley HEAT (first published March 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Riding on Instinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riding on Instinct

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThoughtless by S.C. StephensRock Me by Cherrie LynnMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Bad Boy Bikers, Rockers or Tattoo Artists
100th out of 461 books — 1,315 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Best Erotica
142nd out of 1,779 books — 1,847 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Apr 01, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; Fans of erotic romantic suspense
"Riding on Instinct" is a hot, quick, easy to follow read, and sometimes you need to read a little brain candy--it's good for what ails you. There isn't an overabundance of characters to keep track of, the plot is pretty simple and straight forward--nothing to really tax the mind--and the H/H were one lusty but likable couple. The combination of bikers, strippers, federal agents, and drug smuggling bad guys made for one enjoyable, fast paced, sexy read!

Department of Justice rookie agent Shadoe G
Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense/Erotica

"Riding on Instinct" is the third book in Jaci Burton's fun, sexy Wild Riders series about a covert government agency led by an ex-military general and made up of ex-thieves/bikers turned good guys/gals who take on undercover assignments and bend the laws to nab the bad guys that other government agencies are inept at catching. There’s a terrific mix of action, suspense, humor, and scorching hot romance, and it’s an easy, fast paced, exciting read.

The Wild Rid
Emma
4.5 stars!

That was hot and sexy!! And bit of suspense in there too. Really enjoyed this.
Quinn
After a somewhat shaky start, I’m really quite enjoying Jaci Burton’s Wild Riders series, now that I know what to expect. This series is actually a lot of fun if you go into it expecting a sexy romp and are happy just to go along for the ride and not spend time analysing the over-the-top suspense plot.

Riding on Instinct sees a return to the steam taking centre stage, although the suspense plot (implausible though it may be) is still well done. Shadoe (hate the name) Grayson is a Department of Ju
Miss Kim
Jun 29, 2009 Miss Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who want to get in the mood
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Continuation of a series
Shelves: 2009
This one was pretty much a mirror of the second one in this series, Riding Temptation. Instead of undercover in a biker gang, they are undercover in a strip club.
Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy
This series just keeps getting better with each book. Please dont tell me it will be over soon!!

Spence was somebody who captured you from reading about the Wild Riders from the start. He is an alpha male through and through. Take charge, gorgeous, sexual and oh so out of reach.

I loved the intense, sexual chemistry that Spence and Shadoe shared and we not afraid to take on. These two really lit up the pages of the book with their raw, unbridled sexuality and needs. Spence is not used to relations
Becca
Shadoe is an agent of the DOJ. She is a driven young women out to prove that she can do anything a man can do, and maybe even do it better. Since she was born she has constantly been fighting the stigma of being a girl, her father always wanted a boy and drilled it into her that she was less because she was female. She has just received her first assignment and she happens to be partnered with a member of the Wilder Riders.

Spence takes one look at Shadoe and knows that she doesn't have what it t
Noelle
This is the thrid book by Jaci Burton that I've read and I liked the other ones much better. For some reason this one had horrible dialog, maybe I just don't quite remember the other ones as well. I just about put this one down right from the begining because of the dialog but I really wanted to read a biker love story so I stuck with it. Here's an example of the part that almost did the book in for me,The H/h are supose to be partners and when meating for the first time they hate eachother on s ...more
♕Michelle♕
Spencer Spence King and Shadoe Grayson
5/5 Stars

Riding on Instinct is the third book of Wild Riders series by Jaci Burton. Finally, a book from this series that I absolutely like. It has everything I am looking for, straight forward storyline, likeable hero and heroine, hot scenes, and suspenseful plot. Shadoe's first real assignment as an undercover agent is to work with the Wild Riders, they will help her be an undercover stripper at a nightclub to be able to expose a corrup
Cheryl
Department of Justice agent Shadoe Grayson has just signed on to help the Wild Riders. The Wild Riders are a group of bikers that work for the US government. Their latest case is to identify a DEA rogue agent, who is helping the Colombians bring in illegal drugs. The only clue the Wild Riders have is that the drugs are being transported through a strip club in New Orleans. Agent Shadoe plans to go undercover as a head lining stripper but first she has to convince bad boy and one of the Wild Ride ...more
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
3.25stars actually

I do love this series but for me this was the weakest entry. There was plenty of sex and not much of the action/adventure or drama that this series does so well. This installment gives Spence his moment in the spotlight as he plays bodyguard to agent Shadoe Grayson in her undercover role as they attempt to stop the influx of drugs.

The mechanics for the most part were fine, and the characters, pacing and overall arc – for me it was the particular storyline that felt weak. It wa
Edylin
This is my Spence

This is Shadoe

Vani
No esperaba mucho la verdad, pero me gustó mucho y voy a leer más de la autora ^^
Kerry
This is the 3rd book in the series and I think that it is my favorite so far. Ms. Burton took the sex scenes up a notch from the previous 2 books (and they were already pretty hot). Spence and Shadoe, however, are smokin' hot in bed...and on the balcony...and in the outdoors...and in the tub...and on the kitchen counter...etc.

The story of Shadoe going undercover as a stripper also made for some pretty hot scenes. And I loved AJ and Pax, the other two Wild Riders who were assigned to the case. I
Kameron
Just like the first two books in the series, there was plenty of heat between the two main stars. I found it easy to fall in love with the characters because Jaci kept me engaged in their budding relationship.

The only reason why I gave it four stars was I figured out the ending early on. Maybe you will too and maybe not. However, even though the "mystery players" weren't a mystery to me, I thoroughly liked watching them get caught. I'm sure you will as well.
Cindy
Like bad boy biker heroes? Have I got a book for you... This is the third in the Wild Riders series and it has a tight plot, great action, steamy sex scenes and characters with enough depth to make you care. I will definitely be searching out the two previous books. Great read.

The Wild Riders Series

Riding Wild
Riding Temptation
Crissy
Riding on Instinct was a good read. I have to be honest and say I enjoyed this book more than I did the first book in the series. Shadoe, Spence, AJ and Pax went undercover in a strip club to see who was doing illegal drug dealings under the radar. I loved that Shadoe was a strong character; well she definitely had to be dealing with Spence and they will surely make you laugh out loud. AJ and Pax are in a league of their own but I definitely enjoyed them in this book and can't wait to read their ...more
Lyndi
I'm technically going with 2.5 stars here. While I thought it was okay, it had potential to be a lot better.

My main complaint is that not a whole lot happened. It was a lot of sex. And some motorcycle riding. And then boom, it's over.

My minor complaint, which technically annoyed me more than the lack of drama, was the dialogue between the two main characters and the stilted descriptions we get of sex scenes. Not all the time, but there were a few that stuck out to me. Like, the romantic seductio
Jackie
Being this is book three in a series there is a lot of back story about the "Wild Riders" that I am not privy to since missed reading prior books, that being said it really did not matter as the story featuring Spence King and Shadoe Grayson stood on its on merits to me.

I have been a fan of Jaci Burton for a long time, each tale that she pens has an edge that appeals to me even when at times it is beyond my comfort zone. Truth be told the world of strip clubs and those who patronize them as well
Kathy Davie
Third in the Wild Riders erotic romance series revolving around a secret government agency, the Wild Riders, employing bad boys to do undercover work the government wants to be able to disavow. The couple focus in this story is on Spencer King and Shadoe Grayson.

My Take
Oh, how convenient that Burton/Grange believes it would help their role playing if Spence and Shadoe were a couple! It certainly is fun for us that they are, even as each struggles with their own childhood issues—Shadoe and her
Kimberly
Okay, before I say anything else, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! I THINK I JUST DIED!! Ooookay, I finally got the chance to let that out. This is just my second Jaci Burton book (Playing To Win was my first) , but I'm commenting on this one first because I don't know, I just had the urge to.

I loved how Shadoe and Spencer complemented each other, how their chemistry just jumped right off the book, for me at least. They always say reading lets your imagination roll (An
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Spence is hot. And when he has to go work with special agent Shadoe, then things get hotter. Of course both of them are reluctant to act on that attraction because they are on a case and they should keep their focus on the job, but the sparks are hard to put out.

So why do I think this book has just about every checkmark on my list of sexiness must-reads? Bad boy biker, check. Part of a badass government organization, check. Sexy and badass chick, check.
Christine
I don't think these books were meant to be read one after another, which is what I did. It's not that the books aren't good, it's just that I feel like I'm reading the same thing over and over again. The characters are the same, just with different names. The situations are the same, just in a different setting. I described the last book as bland, and that was the same thought I had finishing this book. I now know why: I'm reading the exact same book! Even the sex scenes were exactly the same. T ...more
Djg
Book 3 in the Wild Riders series but the first I've read. I definitely consider it stand alone.

Shadoe (a green DOJ agent) will be posing as a stripper and partnered with Spence, a sarcastic jaded Wild Riders operative who will be posing as her bodyguard/lover while they infiltrate the High Class strip club scene in New Orleans attempting to bust up a drug smuggling ring and find the DEA agent who is involved.

That's all you need to know as far as the backstory, it's all about Shadoe and Spence's
AerinLuvs
I think this is the 3rd Jaci Burton book I've read and it was the best one of the three imo. There was sizzling erotic tension and the erotic scenes were hot. The heroine was smart and did her job well, and the hero acted alpha but not over the top. Most of the settings were in strip clubs, where the heroine was going undercover to nab a corrupt DEA agent who is apparently dealing drugs on the side. She needed a cover and a bodyguard, and the hero is part of the Wild Riders MC club. Their attrac ...more
Danielle
Jaci Burton can bring the heat!!

Department of Justice agent Shadoe Grayson has just signed on to help the Wild Riders. The latest case is to identify a DEA rogue agent, who is helping the Colombians bring in illegal drugs. Agent Shadoe plans to go undercover as a head lining stripper but first she has to convince Spencer King that she is not the uptight woman he thinks she is. Agent Grayson not only convinces Spence that she is more than qualified for the job but leaves him wanting her body.

Spen
Sari
Ketebak sebenernya siapa penjahat aslinya, yang ga ketebak siapa aja yang terlibat dan apa tugas mereka dalam kejahatan yang diselidiki oleh kedua tokoh utama. Passion kedua tokoh berasa banget, tapi ntah kenapa aura cintanya kurang, jadi terkesan hanya sekedar ketertarikan fisik semata yang tergambarkan. Yah lumayanlah, suka, tapi ga suka2 banget.
Lauren
4 Stars

Synopsis
Going undercover as a stripper is outside FBI Agent Shadoe Grayson's comfort zone but she is bound and determined to prove to Wild Rider Spencer King that she is quite capable of doing her job. As they work together, Shadoe and Spence learn that there is more to each other than meets the eye, and they may be getting in deeper than they thought.

Review
Best in the series.

Shadoe is a kick-ass heroine who knows how to pack a punch and take care of herself in dicey sit
Jeananna
oh man! those Wild Riders just do it for me! they are all damaged in their own way and yet they are fierce and loyal! I love the family that they have created for themselves. one by one we are watching them fall for the women that will tame them and show them that their damaged pieces can be loved and healed by the right person!

Spence and Shadoe have chemistry from their first meeting and watching them come together and heat up the pages was a great way to spend some reading time!

I have grabbed
Nícky
Me he perdido bastante al principio, con eso del federal, los clubs de striptise y la droga, pero luego Shadoe y Spencer me han distraído bastante bien. No me esperaba que el dueño del club fuera el traidor o el ataque final en el club, pero el final ha estado bastante bien.
Is this a good read? 6 32 Apr 08, 2014 04:50AM
  • Nauti and Wild (Nauti, #6; Wild Riders, #4)
  • Running With the Devil (Running, #1)
  • Line of Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #4)
  • Kade (Armed and Dangerous, #3)
  • Unleashed (Gemini Men, #3)
  • Chains
  • Inside Out (Brown Siblings, #3)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 50 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...

Wild Riders (6 books)
  • Riding Wild (Wild Riders, #1)
  • Riding Temptation (Wild Riders, #2)
  • Riding the Edge: A Novella From Nauti and Wild (Wild Riders, #4)
  • Riding the Night (Wild Riders, #5)
  • Riding To Sunset: A Novella From Nautier and Wilder (Wild Riders, #6)
The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) Playing to Win (Play by Play, #4) Thrown by a Curve (Play by Play, #5)