Start by marking “Riding on Instinct (Wild Riders, #3)” as Want to Read:
Riding on Instinct (Wild Riders, #3)

Riding on Instinct (Wild Riders #3)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  3,096 ratings  ·  107 reviews
"Hot, sexy, romantic suspense at its best"(New York Times bestselling author Lora Leigh) from the national bestselling author of Riding Temptation.

Department of Justice agent Shadoe Grayson is out to prove she's no rookie, and eagerly accepts her first undercover assignment at a strip club in New Orleans. Working with the Wild Riders, a government agency of bad boy bikers
Trade Paperback, 296 pages
Published April 7th 2009 by Berkley HEAT (first published March 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Riding on Instinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riding on Instinct

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThoughtless by S.C. StephensRock Me by Cherrie LynnMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Bad Boy Bikers, Rockers or Tattoo Artists
95th out of 430 books — 1,239 voters
Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleyUnbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan
Bikers
116th out of 581 books — 1,374 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Apr 01, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; Fans of erotic romantic suspense
"Riding on Instinct" is a hot, quick, easy to follow read, and sometimes you need to read a little brain candy--it's good for what ails you. There isn't an overabundance of characters to keep track of, the plot is pretty simple and straight forward--nothing to really tax the mind--and the H/H were one lusty but likable couple. The combination of bikers, strippers, federal agents, and drug smuggling bad guys made for one enjoyable, fast paced, sexy read!

Department of Justice rookie agent Shadoe G
Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense/Erotica

"Riding on Instinct" is the third book in Jaci Burton's fun, sexy Wild Riders series about a covert government agency led by an ex-military general and made up of ex-thieves/bikers turned good guys/gals who take on undercover assignments and bend the laws to nab the bad guys that other government agencies are inept at catching. There’s a terrific mix of action, suspense, humor, and scorching hot romance, and it’s an easy, fast paced, exciting read.

The Wild Rid
Emma
4.5 stars!

That was hot and sexy!! And bit of suspense in there too. Really enjoyed this.
Quinn
After a somewhat shaky start, I’m really quite enjoying Jaci Burton’s Wild Riders series, now that I know what to expect. This series is actually a lot of fun if you go into it expecting a sexy romp and are happy just to go along for the ride and not spend time analysing the over-the-top suspense plot.

Riding on Instinct sees a return to the steam taking centre stage, although the suspense plot (implausible though it may be) is still well done. Shadoe (hate the name) Grayson is a Department of Ju
Miss Kim
Jun 29, 2009 Miss Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who want to get in the mood
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Continuation of a series
Shelves: 2009
This one was pretty much a mirror of the second one in this series, Riding Temptation. Instead of undercover in a biker gang, they are undercover in a strip club.
Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy
This series just keeps getting better with each book. Please dont tell me it will be over soon!!

Spence was somebody who captured you from reading about the Wild Riders from the start. He is an alpha male through and through. Take charge, gorgeous, sexual and oh so out of reach.

I loved the intense, sexual chemistry that Spence and Shadoe shared and we not afraid to take on. These two really lit up the pages of the book with their raw, unbridled sexuality and needs. Spence is not used to relations
Becca
Shadoe is an agent of the DOJ. She is a driven young women out to prove that she can do anything a man can do, and maybe even do it better. Since she was born she has constantly been fighting the stigma of being a girl, her father always wanted a boy and drilled it into her that she was less because she was female. She has just received her first assignment and she happens to be partnered with a member of the Wilder Riders.

Spence takes one look at Shadoe and knows that she doesn't have what it t
Noelle
This is the thrid book by Jaci Burton that I've read and I liked the other ones much better. For some reason this one had horrible dialog, maybe I just don't quite remember the other ones as well. I just about put this one down right from the begining because of the dialog but I really wanted to read a biker love story so I stuck with it. Here's an example of the part that almost did the book in for me,The H/h are supose to be partners and when meating for the first time they hate eachother on s ...more
♕Michelle♕
Spencer Spence King and Shadoe Grayson
5/5 Stars

Riding on Instinct is the third book of Wild Riders series by Jaci Burton. Finally, a book from this series that I absolutely liked. It has everything I am looking for, straight forward storyline, likeable hero and heroine, hot scenes, and suspenseful plot. Shadoe's first real assignment as an undercover agent is to work with the Wild Riders, they will help her be a stripper at a nightclub to be able to exposed a corrupt DEA agent
Cheryl
Department of Justice agent Shadoe Grayson has just signed on to help the Wild Riders. The Wild Riders are a group of bikers that work for the US government. Their latest case is to identify a DEA rogue agent, who is helping the Colombians bring in illegal drugs. The only clue the Wild Riders have is that the drugs are being transported through a strip club in New Orleans. Agent Shadoe plans to go undercover as a head lining stripper but first she has to convince bad boy and one of the Wild Ride ...more
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
3.25stars actually

I do love this series but for me this was the weakest entry. There was plenty of sex and not much of the action/adventure or drama that this series does so well. This installment gives Spence his moment in the spotlight as he plays bodyguard to agent Shadoe Grayson in her undercover role as they attempt to stop the influx of drugs.

The mechanics for the most part were fine, and the characters, pacing and overall arc – for me it was the particular storyline that felt weak. It wa
Edylin
This is my Spence

This is Shadoe

Vani
No esperaba mucho la verdad, pero me gustó mucho y voy a leer más de la autora ^^
Kerry
This is the 3rd book in the series and I think that it is my favorite so far. Ms. Burton took the sex scenes up a notch from the previous 2 books (and they were already pretty hot). Spence and Shadoe, however, are smokin' hot in bed...and on the balcony...and in the outdoors...and in the tub...and on the kitchen counter...etc.

The story of Shadoe going undercover as a stripper also made for some pretty hot scenes. And I loved AJ and Pax, the other two Wild Riders who were assigned to the case. I
Kameron
Just like the first two books in the series, there was plenty of heat between the two main stars. I found it easy to fall in love with the characters because Jaci kept me engaged in their budding relationship.

The only reason why I gave it four stars was I figured out the ending early on. Maybe you will too and maybe not. However, even though the "mystery players" weren't a mystery to me, I thoroughly liked watching them get caught. I'm sure you will as well.
Cindy
Like bad boy biker heroes? Have I got a book for you... This is the third in the Wild Riders series and it has a tight plot, great action, steamy sex scenes and characters with enough depth to make you care. I will definitely be searching out the two previous books. Great read.

The Wild Riders Series

Riding Wild
Riding Temptation
Lyndi
I'm technically going with 2.5 stars here. While I thought it was okay, it had potential to be a lot better.

My main complaint is that not a whole lot happened. It was a lot of sex. And some motorcycle riding. And then boom, it's over.

My minor complaint, which technically annoyed me more than the lack of drama, was the dialogue between the two main characters and the stilted descriptions we get of sex scenes. Not all the time, but there were a few that stuck out to me. Like, the romantic seductio
Jackie
Being this is book three in a series there is a lot of back story about the "Wild Riders" that I am not privy to since missed reading prior books, that being said it really did not matter as the story featuring Spence King and Shadoe Grayson stood on its on merits to me.

I have been a fan of Jaci Burton for a long time, each tale that she pens has an edge that appeals to me even when at times it is beyond my comfort zone. Truth be told the world of strip clubs and those who patronize them as well
Kathy Davie
Third in the Wild Riders erotic romance series revolving around a secret government agency, the Wild Riders, employing bad boys to do undercover work the government wants to be able to disavow. The couple focus in this story is on Spencer King and Shadoe Grayson.

My Take
Oh, how convenient that Burton/Grange believes it would help their role playing if Spence and Shadoe were a couple! It certainly is fun for us that they are, even as each struggles with their own childhood issues—Shadoe and her
Kimberly
Okay, before I say anything else, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! I THINK I JUST DIED!! Ooookay, I finally got the chance to let that out. This is just my second Jaci Burton book (Playing To Win was my first) , but I'm commenting on this one first because I don't know, I just had the urge to.

I loved how Shadoe and Spencer complemented each other, how their chemistry just jumped right off the book, for me at least. They always say reading lets your imagination roll (An
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Spence is hot. And when he has to go work with special agent Shadoe, then things get hotter. Of course both of them are reluctant to act on that attraction because they are on a case and they should keep their focus on the job, but the sparks are hard to put out.

So why do I think this book has just about every checkmark on my list of sexiness must-reads? Bad boy biker, check. Part of a badass government organization, check. Sexy and badass chick, check.
Djg
Book 3 in the Wild Riders series but the first I've read. I definitely consider it stand alone.

Shadoe (a green DOJ agent) will be posing as a stripper and partnered with Spence, a sarcastic jaded Wild Riders operative who will be posing as her bodyguard/lover while they infiltrate the High Class strip club scene in New Orleans attempting to bust up a drug smuggling ring and find the DEA agent who is involved.

That's all you need to know as far as the backstory, it's all about Shadoe and Spence's
AnniLuvs
I think this is the 3rd Jaci Burton book I've read and it was the best one of the three imo. There was sizzling erotic tension and the erotic scenes were hot. The heroine was smart and did her job well, and the hero acted alpha but not over the top. Most of the settings were in strip clubs, where the heroine was going undercover to nab a corrupt DEA agent who is apparently dealing drugs on the side. She needed a cover and a bodyguard, and the hero is part of the Wild Riders MC club. Their attrac ...more
Danielle
Jaci Burton can bring the heat!!

Department of Justice agent Shadoe Grayson has just signed on to help the Wild Riders. The latest case is to identify a DEA rogue agent, who is helping the Colombians bring in illegal drugs. Agent Shadoe plans to go undercover as a head lining stripper but first she has to convince Spencer King that she is not the uptight woman he thinks she is. Agent Grayson not only convinces Spence that she is more than qualified for the job but leaves him wanting her body.

Spen
Sari
Ketebak sebenernya siapa penjahat aslinya, yang ga ketebak siapa aja yang terlibat dan apa tugas mereka dalam kejahatan yang diselidiki oleh kedua tokoh utama. Passion kedua tokoh berasa banget, tapi ntah kenapa aura cintanya kurang, jadi terkesan hanya sekedar ketertarikan fisik semata yang tergambarkan. Yah lumayanlah, suka, tapi ga suka2 banget.
Lauren
4 Stars

Synopsis
Going undercover as a stripper is outside FBI Agent Shadoe Grayson's comfort zone but she is bound and determined to prove to Wild Rider Spencer King that she is quite capable of doing her job. As they work together, Shadoe and Spence learn that there is more to each other than meets the eye, and they may be getting in deeper than they thought.

Review
Best in the series.

Shadoe is a kick-ass heroine who knows how to pack a punch and take care of herself in dicey sit
Nícky
Me he perdido bastante al principio, con eso del federal, los clubs de striptise y la droga, pero luego Shadoe y Spencer me han distraído bastante bien. No me esperaba que el dueño del club fuera el traidor o el ataque final en el club, pero el final ha estado bastante bien.
Jamie
Shadoe and Spencer, under cover, intrigue and she's a stripper and add a little bit of fun back up and watch the world explode around Spencer and Shadoe, as they discover love that neither of them have ever had!
Julie C
Definitely my favorite of this series so far. Spencer is super hot and has a dirty mouth (yummy). Shadoe is really strong and I loved the whole stripping backdrop. However, like her other books, Jaci Burton's writing style is a bit stilted and predictable.
Tiffany
Fourth book in the Wild Riders series, this story with Shadoe and Spence was fast-paced and really hot as they embark on a mission centered around a New Orleans strip club, where Shadoe must pose as a stripper to bust a drug ring and Spence as her boyfriend/bodyguard. But it quickly becomes more than an act between them when they begin an intensely sexual relationship that parallels with and is enhanced by their undercover mission. Spence is the resident tough guy Wild Rider and is slow to come ...more
Is this a good read? 6 32 Apr 08, 2014 04:50AM
  • Nauti and Wild (Nauti, #6; Wild Riders, #4)
  • Running With the Devil (Running, #1)
  • Line of Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #4)
  • Club Justice (Trinity Falls, #1)
  • Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2)
  • Kept (Gemini Men, #2)
  • Extreme Danger (McClouds & Friends #5)
  • Luke (Armed and Dangerous, #2)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 50 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...
The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) Playing to Win (Play by Play, #4) Thrown by a Curve (Play by Play, #5)