Start by marking “Taking Care of Business (Kate & Leah, #1)” as Want to Read:
Taking Care of Business (Kate & Leah, #1)

Taking Care of Business (Kate & Leah #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  1,440 ratings  ·  64 reviews
One conference, two friends and two men who know how to take care of business...

After leaving the wrong man, Leah Griffin's not ready to look for the right one. All she wants is to survive the conference she's planning and spend some time with her best friend Kate Edwards. She's not expecting the conference services manager to be so tall, dark and handsome...or so eager to
Published March 1st 2009 by Black Lace (first published December 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Taking Care of Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Care of Business

Natural Law by Joey W. HillThe Vampire Queen's Servant by Joey W. HillThe Siren by Tiffany ReiszA Vampire's Claim by Joey W. HillShe Makes Him Beg by Jade Savannah
Best Domme / Fem-Dom Books
117th out of 317 books — 368 voters
Broken by Megan HartDirty by Megan HartNaked by Megan HartTempted by Megan HartStranger by Megan Hart
Best Megan Hart Books
12th out of 19 books — 57 voters

More lists with this book...

Adrienne
This is my third Megan Hart read and my first Lauren Dane read and happily it not only met, but EXCEEDED all of my expectations.
Leah and Kate have been best friends since middle school. Leah helps Kate get a job with a law firm that works very closely with the company that she's the head of HR for. Together, they're meeting at a conference in Harrisburg, PA for four days. Eventhough Leah lives in Harrisburg, she decides to stay at the hotel the conference is at due to a break-up with her dominan
Jill Dunlop
Taking Care of Business is one story with two heroines. Leah and Kathrine are two women who have been friends since they were young girls. Over the years they have gone their separate ways but have managed to maintain their friendship. They are attending a business conference. Leah has just broken up with her boyfriend and finds herself drawn to the hotel manager, who happens to be younger than her. She begins to explore new facets of her sexuality by dominating him. Katherine is a lawyer who ha ...more
♥ Sarah ♥
Kate and Leah have a lot in common. They're both confident, career-driven women who are unabashedly sexual in the bedroom. They've also been best friends since they were in eighth grade. But, there is one thing these two women don't have in common. Kate is drawn to the sexy, overly-confident, and a little bit dominating Dix, whereas Leah is learning that what she wants is someone like Brandon, who is willing to let her take the reins in the bedroom.

I really liked this book. Although I'm a big Me
Jane Stewart
Pretty good for erotic. The best part was watching a woman gently dominate a younger man in the bedroom.

STORY BRIEF:
Leah and Kate are best friends. Leah works in Human Resources for Allied Packaging. Kate is an outside lawyer who was hired to do some work for Allied. Leah and Kate are staying at a hotel where Allied is having meetings for four days. On the day Leah left for the hotel she kicked Mike out of her home. They had been playing dom/sub games with Mike as the dom, but he was selfish and
notyourmonkey
Luc
This book is a clear example why I love Megan Hart's novels. Not only is she able to write sex scenes beautifully but ALL her characters have the feel of real people, with flaws, qualities and difficulties: they all have depth not normaly seen in contemporary adult novels.

In this book, she brings us the story of two long-time friends, each going through a turning point in their lives. Katherine Edwards is a successful lawyer who has been recently promoted and is involved with a colleague who wo
Tigerkitten
3 stars for two good stories while just one of them would've been perfect.

I've read books by Megan Hart and Lauren Dane, before and liked both their works. So I was curious to see what a joint work of them turned out to be. This book has been sitting on my Ipad for round about 2 years and yesterday I thought...okay...you better read it now or you'll never do it with all the other newer books already in the pipeline...

And so I did.

What I found was a book whose writing style was as good as was to
Andi Kemeny
Ok... so this was hot and intense the whole way through. It was written well, but the authors lost me on the ending. They spent multiple pages on the relationship between Kate and Dix, but only a couple pages on the relationship between Brandon and Leah. I was more interested in their relationship and was completely disappointed that their relationship wasn't given a better ending. Otherwise it was a really good book.
Stephanie
I am a huge fan of Megan Hart! I have not read anything else by Lauren Dane, although I do have three of her books in my TBR pile. With that being said I have to say that this book was just okay for me.
If I were to give stars based on sex, this baby would get 6 or 7. As far as the story goes, a 3 was all I could give. Even though there is a HEA, it seems a bit too rushed and somewhat not believable.
Andrea Romero Perez
I liked this book .. I like Brandon and Leah more than Kate and Dix.. and it annoyed me that there were more scenes of Kate and Dix than Brandon and Leah .. and their ending was soo inconclusive.. But I still enjoyed it .. .. 3.5 stars :)
Kyndra Natasha
Okay, so I really enjoyed this book. 3 1/2 stars. My only gripe is that I much preferred the Leah and Brandon portion and wished that they took up more of the book than Kate and Dix seemed to have...
Sunshiny Me
about 3.5 stars. really loved the Leah/Brandon parts. wish there was even more of them. but the other couple was just ok for me
Christine
This is an erotic romance collaboration by two authors. It is about two women, who happen to be friends and attend the same weekend conference in a Pennsylvania hotel. The one has just broken up with a live-in boyfriend and is looking forward to the weekend in the hotel to regroup and refocus on a new future. She meets a man who works for the hotel and they have a fling. Only the fling turns into a little something more....

The other woman is having a long distance affair with a client and will
Dre
This book was ok. I definitely liked Dix and Kate's story more than Leah and Brandon. Maybe Brandon was ok with Leah's treatment of him, but I thought she was a bitch, and it really annoyed me at the end after she just let him walk away only to see him at the grocery store with some other chick a few weeks, and she was all pleased with herself and lured him away. She was all mad at Mike for being a self-absorbed a-hole, but she was the same way. Granted Brandon could have walked away, and he did ...more
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
First off I must say that I really enjoyed this book, its not a type of book that I usually review on here, but this year I want to review some different types of books. So this is the first one I'm starting with. I really enjoyed this book and thought it was really well written.

Sometimes these types of books have no plot to them and its just like reading junk, but this one has a great plot and great characters. I couldn't get enough of the characters and the way the author's write this story he
Darcy
This was a fun book to read, both Leah and Kate are strong women and know just what they want and make no apologies for that.

Leah, has a need for non-vanilla sex, she has played around with things for a long time. She was in a Master/Slave relationship that she realized just wasn't working for her any more, that maybe she wasn't meant to be the slave portion of the dynamic. Enter Brandon, a sweet guy who is up for the challenge of Leah.

Kate, is a buttoned up woman, who has been burned in the pa
Jackie
I have never read a book by Megan Hart or Lauren Dane yet, will make a point to start reading more now!!!
Will not be able to really do a review exactly because if I did it would be way too long and way too full of spoilers for those who have not read the book.
I will tell you that if you do not like Dominatrix type females do not read this book. However if you can keep an open mind and either borrow from a friend or the library the book actually explores a couple of sensitive topics very tastefu
Tammy Spence
This book was definately a good read. Lots of hot steamy sex. I loved the character of Kate, she had her act together and wasn't afraid to say what she wanted. I really enjoyed reading about her and Dix's romance and affair. I'm glad he finally came to his senses concerning his ex wife and how she was still way to dependent on him. Kate was right in not furthering her relationship with him until he put a stop to Eve's needy ways. The character of Leah kind of got on my nerves, she ended her 2 ye ...more
WillowBe
I vastly preferred the story of the the woman and the hotel employee to the attorney and her attorney lover. I frankly felt they were low class and unnecessarily profane. I actually hated Kate and her manipulative lothario.

The other charactar, Brett (?), geez! I was totally into him. Thought they had believable dialogue, scorching hot sex scenes and a responsible, wonderfully mature and honest way of dealing with each other. Or rather, he did. He knows how to handle a broken-heart, knows his ow
Kathy
Beanimous
stopped at chapter 4, skip chapters, moving onto other books, few months later, still unable to read it through. finally gave up after 6 months
Kelly
I've never read anything by Lauren Dane or published by Black Lace. I picked this up solely for Megan Hart. Perhaps it was because of the collaboration, but something was missing in this book that I usually find in a Hart novel. While the two heroines and their heroes were interesting, I felt emotionally distant from all of them. I never really got to know or understand any of the characters the way I was expecting, so I had no investment in a happy ending.

I also didn't realize Black Lace was ba
Jackie (Literary Escapism)
Overall, I really enjoyed this story, although that’s not very surprising for me. There’s just something about Lauren Dane that always sucks me in. I haven’t had the chance to read anything from Megan Hart yet, but after this, I’m thinking I’m going to enjoy her work as much as I do Danes. Taking Care of Business seemed to be exactly what I needed right now.Taking Care of Business comes out March 31st, so make sure you head to a bookstore on that Tuesday and pick it up.

To read my full review, cl
Sandy
i liked this romantic, sexy story of 2 friends and their relationship issues. The novel contains lots of excellent humor and scenarios for a reader to enjoy, and the sexy factor is dialed up to 10. I miss Megan Hart's normal writing style, but it does not mean the story is not entertaining.
Molly Piscitello
one of my favorites
Iyad
A decent hot read. What I like most about M Hart is that she doesnt give me the same experience or feeling or key takeaway in most of her books. I get to think and feel differently each time I finish one book of her. there are times you wont like it but she writes like a real author should. I respect her for that.

however, I cant think of anything unlikeable about Kate or Leah. These women are oozing with hot sexy appeal!!!
How can you not be drawn to quality women they dont need alpha males to s
Ashley
2.5, maybe. Felt disjointed and muddled throughout. I think that's a risk with co-authors. There were little sparks here and there that saved it from a dnf. I liked the friendship between the two leads. But overall, not great for me.
Abby
I've read the 2nd book to this story, No Reservations, so I figured I would read this one as well. Megan and Lauren make an awesome writing duo!
Ash
Surprisingly, I enjoyed this book more than I thought. When I read the synopsis, I thought the plot was too cheesy and unoriginal but I'm happy I was wrong..lol Boy was I wrong! It was naughty, intense, & fierce just how I like my books of choice...all the way down to the fiery, realistic sex scenes and the dom/sub aspect of it. Theres nothin like a woman who knows what she wants and isnt sorry one bit for it...I can relate! lol Cant wait to see whats next! ;)
  • What Happens In Vegas...: Hot For You\Stripped\Red-Handed\The Deal
  • Three to Tango
  • Relentless (Federation Chronicles, #2)
  • Naughty and Nice: A Holiday Romance Collection
  • Bound to Please
  • Skin on Skin
Megan Hart has written in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

--from the author's website

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads databas
More about Megan Hart...

Kate & Leah (2 books)
  • No Reservations (Kate & Leah, #2)
Dirty (Dan and Elle, #1) Broken Tempted (Alex Kennedy, #1) Switch Naked (Alex Kennedy, #2)

“It was a huge comfort to have a person who'd keep you honest with yourself and who also gave you safe harbour.” 28 likes
“...that's what friends did. Let each other off the hook when they didn't want to talk.” 13 likes