Start by marking “Never Swipe a Bully's Bear (Roscoe Riley Rules, #2)” as Want to Read:
Never Swipe a Bully's Bear (Roscoe Riley Rules, #2)

Never Swipe a Bully's Bear (Roscoe Riley Rules #2)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  272 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Pig-napped!

When Roscoe's stuffed pig goes missing, he is convinced that Wyatt, the class bully, is responsible. When Roscoe finds out where Wyatt keeps his teddy bear, he decides to give that old bully a taste of his own medicine. That will fix everything. Won't it?
Published May 27th 2008 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Never Swipe a Bully's Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Swipe a Bully's Bear

Bora
Apr 10, 2014 Bora added it
Shelves: reading-leaders
what? Roscoe swiped wyatt's bear.
why? He mistook wyatt for pignapper.

Roscoe had a stuffed pig, Hamilton. He loved Hamilton and took him to school, leaving backpack zipper open a little to make him breathe. But he didnot want anyone to see Hamilton.

At school, Wyatt, a bully overheard Roscoe talking to Hamilion. That night, Roscoe found Hamilton missing. Roacoe couldnot fall asleep without him.
Next day, he tought Wyatt was a pignapper. And Roscoe and Wyatt had a fight about Hamilton. During the
Sandybear76
first grader secretly takes his stuffed pig to school and it disappears. Roscoe thinks that Wyatt took it so Roscoe takes Wyatt's bear. A bear-napping. Easy chapter book for new readers.
Christian
A first grader named Roscoe Riley got himself in time out again but this time it's a totally different story let me tell it to you. Their is a stuffed animal that Roscoe really loves and it's a pig named Hamilton. Every day Roscoe takes Hamilton to school but nobody knows about it except for his two best friends Gus and Emma. One day Roscoe was getting ready for school and he puts Hamilton in his backpack. when Roscoe was at school this kid named Whyat bullies him and says mean things. A little ...more
Calvin  Kwon
I thought this book was really funny because Roscoe thought that a bully named Wyatt stole his stuffed pig named Hamilton. And at the end, Roscoe found out that Wyatt didn't steal his stuffed pig. So he made a mistake by stealing Wyatt's stuffed bear. Bad idea. You should read this book to find out why.
Christopher
A pretty nice book about a first grader who thinks that a bully (in his class,)stole his favorite stuffed pig. So,he plans revenge.The next day he "bear naps"the
bully's teddy bear.Opps!Guess I 'm telling you to much!You'll have to read the rest in this book.
Bonnie
I just finished this book today with my second grade library class. All but 3 students loved this book. We had some good laughs and talked about making assumptions. We also talked about bullying.
Sandy
I read this book as part of my quest for easy chapter books featuring boys at the main characters. The story was cute and Roscoe is a kid with quite the personality. My one big beef with this book is that it is almost completely comprised of paragraphs that are only one sentence long. I'm not sure why this is, because having so many ridiculously short paragraphs doesn't allow any of the sentences to stand out, which is kind of the usualy purpose of inserting a few such short paragraphs into a st ...more
Ubalstecha
Roscoe loves his stuffed pig Hamilton. A lot. He can't sleep without him. Roscoe brings Hamilton to school every day, but leaves him in his backpack to avoid being made fun of. But when Hamilton goes missing, Roscoe is convinced that Wyatt, the class bully is responsible. This leads him to an action that he later regrets.

This is a lovely follow-up for the first book of this early chapter book series. Roscoe is a mischievous scamp with whom many readers will identify. Great for the reluctant read
Christina
My son and I just love this series and laugh the whole way through the books. Great for both the parent and the child.
S.K.
It was funny and succinct. It had a moral story...dealing with bullies, standing up for yourself, stealing, and making wrong decisions...but it came across very kid friendly without being heavy handed. There was no thumping on the head about who is right and who is wrong. How kids react to each other and situations came across as very real to me. I laughed out loud and some of the things Roscoe said.

Cleverly written and ended on a good note.
Terry
The story is so funny and moves so fast, it is hard to read just one chapter at a time. The author has pegged the age groups and their senses of humor. There aren't quite enough illustrations share in reading, but if Roscoe keeps breaking rules, I'm sure we'll catch up.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub®.
Beth
My son loves this series, and begs me to read it out loud. The illustrations are fun and give just enough hints at the plot. The unfolding plot was a cliff-hanger and yet realist from a 1st grader perspective. The author captures the emotions of a 6 year old. And while no one's as funny as Junie B. Jones, there's enough humor for the early grader.
Shonica
The 2nd book just confirms that Roscoe Riley is wonderful! In this one, Roscoe's beloved stuffed pig, Hamilton goes missing and Roscoe is pretty sure he knows who did it.
I will definitely recommend this book to all of my young friends. And for the record, I still love my stuffed dog, Tuggy and I will until I'm 101.
Talia
Roscoe brings his favorite stuffed animal, a pig named Hamilton, to school one day, then manages to lose him! Bully Wyatt may be to blame, so Roscoe seeks revenge by kidnapping Wyatt’s bear Bobo.

A cute book where everything wraps up in the end, and I LOVE Roscoe’s relationship with his older brother.
Jen
I love reading Roscoe books to my elementary students. Kids can relate so well to Roscoe. In this story, Roscoe believes the class bully, Wyatt, has stolen Hamilton his stuffed animal pig. It takes some investigating to find out what really happened to Hamilton and kids love the ending.
Joshua
This book is about Roscoe Riley looses his stuffed animal Hamilton and there is a bully in Roscoe's class named Wyatt. Roscoe thinks that Wyatt pig-naped Hamilton. Because of that Roscoe bear-naped Wyatt's bear Bobo. But did Wyatt really pig-nap Hamilton and what will happen to Roscoe?
Joenna
2nd book in Roscoe Riley series. Roscoe's stuffed pig, Hamilton, that he brings to school, mysteriously disappears and he believes the class bully, Wyatt, stole it. To get even, Roscoe steals Wyatt's teddy bear. I love Roscoe, he's just too cute.
Molly
This is a great first reader. I learned that its ok to talk to your lunch if it is bolonge. That is good to know. As always I loved this book. I think Roscoe is a fun read and great for boys. Grades K+
Kym
These Roscoe Riley books are the greatest books for my 1st grader, we're going on the second time around. Can't wait for the 3rd book to come out.

My son repeats lines from the book and we laugh.
Corinna
This book had my boys laughing so hard! It was hilarious, and also a good story for teaching good morals. We love Roscoe Riley and can't wait to read the next book!!!
Ron
Beginning chapter book. Roscoe loses his stuffed animal and decides to steal the one belonging to the person in class who he suspects stole his.
BlackhamBoys
Both little boys breezed through this one. They said they liked the first book a bit better, but that this was still 4.5 stars *Ü*
Lisa
I'm loving reading these with the kids. So many good convos regarding Roscoe's choices.
Debbie
I love the voice in these books. I love Roscoe! So clever and fun for early readers.
Tye
This was a quick read for me. Both of my kids love these books, and I can see why.

Maria Kiguthi
My 8 year old loved this book. He was laughing as he read it to himself.
Nfdiaz
I love the lesson taughtin the book. It gave my son and me hours of discussion.
Ellen Brandt
Great new easy chapter book series for K-3. Very funny, very real
Lisa
Good beginning chapter book. Fast-paced and genuinely funny
Meredith
This series is always really cute.
  • Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express (Stink, #4)
  • Galaxy Zack: Hello, Nebulon
  • Lulu and the Dog from the Sea (Lulu #2)
  • The Crazy Case of Missing Thunder (Goofballs #1)
  • World's Worst Wedgie (George Brown, Class Clown, #3)
  • The Dunderheads
  • Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3)
  • Stuart's Cape
  • The Fenway Foul-Up (Ballpark Mysteries, #1)
  • Once Upon a Royal Superbaby
  • Bink and Gollie: Best Friends Forever (Bink & Gollie, #3)
  • Deck the Halls, We're Off the Walls!
  • Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom
  • Medusa Jones
  • Dessert First
Applegate was born in Michigan in 1956. Since then she has lived in Texas, Florida, California, Minnesota, Illinois, North Carolina, and after living in Pelago, Italy for a year, she has moved back to Southern California. She has an eleven year old son named Jake Mates, although she says the Animorph leader is not named after him. In 2003 she and her husband, Michael Grant, her co-author on many p ...more
More about Katherine Applegate...

Roscoe Riley Rules (7 books)
  • Never Glue Your Friends to Chairs (Roscoe Riley Rules, #1)
  • Don't Swap Your Sweater for a Dog (Roscoe Riley Rules, #3)
  • Never Swim in Applesauce (Roscoe Riley Rules, #4)
  • Don't Tap-Dance on Your Teacher (Roscoe Riley Rules, #5)
  • Never Walk in Shoes that Talk (Roscoe Riley Rules, #6)
  • Never Race a Runaway Pumpkin (Roscoe Riley Rules, #7)
The One and Only Ivan The Invasion (Animorphs, #1) Beach Blondes: June Dreams, July's Promise, August Magic (Summer, #1-3) The Visitor (Animorphs, #2) The Encounter (Animorphs, #3)

“We talked about talking. (We had been interrupting Ms. Diz a lot).
She said that when someone is talking, you listen with your ears.
And save your questions for the end.
Then you use your mouth.
Even if you see something that is a miracle.
Like a squirrel with a blue Matchbox car in his mouth.
Which I saw yesterday.
You are not allowed to jump up and scream, 'MS. DIZ I SEE A SQUIRREL WITH A MATCHBOX CAR IN HIS MOUTH OR MAYBE IT'S AN SUV!! I AM NOT KIDDING MS. DIZ!!”
1 likes