Start by marking “Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus” as Want to Read:
Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus

Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  6 reviews
For 50 years, Webster's New World has set the standard for clarity, ease of use, and reliability in English-language reference. The flagship product, Webster's New World "TM" College Dictionary -- now available in a special 50th anniversary printing of the fourth edition -- is the reference of choice for the Associated Press, most leading U.S. newspapers, and discerning bu ...more
Vinyl-bound, 230 pages
Published September 1st 1997 by MacMillan Publishing Company (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus

David Ward
Webster's New World Thesaurus by Charlton Grant Laird (Warner Books 1974) (nonfiction) is an indispensable guide for anyone who has ever written anything. My rating: 8/10, finished 1976.
Foxtower
I have it... it works.. what else can be said about a thesaurus. I'm always amazed at how many different ways one thought might be expressed and use this extensively when I'm writing. I don't have to say "this is a very good thesaurus", I can say it's a astonishly good, or immensely good, or just so. What better way to have fun with words!
StrangeBedfellows
Not really a worthwhile thesaurus. I'm generally disappointed by Webster's reference books, but I went ahead and bought this since it was at a discounted price. In the end, though, I still had to buy a better thesaurus. This one only offers up the usual fare of word choices, things I could have thought up perfectly well on my own.
Molly
It's a thesaurus, so there's not much that can be said about it as a review. [return]The layout is acceptable and considering I'm most likely using it to verify my own knowledge, I can't really call it out on any errors.
Huma
The first time I found out what a thesaurus is was when my father gave me this volume. I used it for giving unique headings to my history notes in 7th grade.
Kevin Browder
The most important tool in the world for a sonnet writer.
Maranda Heltenberg
Maranda Heltenberg marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Janet Morris
Janet Morris marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Dustin
Dustin added it
Mar 02, 2015
Joshua
Joshua added it
Feb 22, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Rebecca Whitfield
Rebecca Whitfield marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Jerett
Jerett marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
  • The Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
  • Arabic-English Dictionary
  • The Dictionary of Classical Mythology
  • Roget's II: the new thesaurus
  • 501 Spanish Verbs: Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses in a New Easy-To-Learn Format Alphabetically Arranged
  • The Arabic Alphabet: How to Read & Write It
  • Webster's New World Dictionary
  • Cassell Dictionary of Superstitions
  • The Lost Dinosaurs of Egypt
  • World War I
The Miracle of Language Language in America Reading About Language Modern English Reader Word Laird