Start by marking “Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus” as Want to Read:
Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus

Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
This all-new thesaurus combines the authority of the full-size Webster s New World Thesaurus with the convenience of the Pocket format. Thousands of entries include tens of thousands of synonyms, antonyms, and idioms. Up-to-date usage information helps readers select just the right word for their purpose. With helpful, alphabetical organization, this is a genuine thesaurus ...more
Published September 19th 1997 by MacMillan Publishing Company (first published January 1st 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus

Natosha
Jan 05, 2016 Natosha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, Webster's New World Thesaurus by Charlton Laird is just what I needed to find new words to use other than the similar ones I use over and over! After awhile, it gets pretty boring having only the same words to express how I feel, when I could dig deeper and try to use a different and more interesting word in replace of it. I know many know that a dictionary defines the words you use daily, but the thesaurus actually helps you see what other words, with similar meaning could replace it ...more
Foxtower
Jan 24, 2013 Foxtower rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
I have it... it works.. what else can be said about a thesaurus. I'm always amazed at how many different ways one thought might be expressed and use this extensively when I'm writing. I don't have to say "this is a very good thesaurus", I can say it's a astonishly good, or immensely good, or just so. What better way to have fun with words!
StrangeBedfellows
Not really a worthwhile thesaurus. I'm generally disappointed by Webster's reference books, but I went ahead and bought this since it was at a discounted price. In the end, though, I still had to buy a better thesaurus. This one only offers up the usual fare of word choices, things I could have thought up perfectly well on my own.
Molly
It's a thesaurus, so there's not much that can be said about it as a review. [return]The layout is acceptable and considering I'm most likely using it to verify my own knowledge, I can't really call it out on any errors.
David
Webster's New World Thesaurus by Charlton Grant Laird (Warner Books 1974) (423) is an indispensable guide for anyone who has ever written anything. My rating: 7/10, finished 1976.
Huma
Aug 23, 2014 Huma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first time I found out what a thesaurus is was when my father gave me this volume. I used it for giving unique headings to my history notes in 7th grade.
Kevin Browder
Jul 14, 2012 Kevin Browder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most important tool in the world for a sonnet writer.
Lulabel
Lulabel marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Ingrid
Ingrid marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Stephen Milano
Stephen Milano marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Patty Baskin
Patty Baskin marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Deb
Deb added it
Mar 08, 2016
William Fisher
William Fisher marked it as to-read
Joan Gray
Joan Gray is currently reading it
Alexander MacDonald
Alexander MacDonald is currently reading it
Mar 04, 2016
Dan Cornish
Dan Cornish marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Dorothy Robertson
Dorothy Robertson marked it as to-read
Trevor Newman
Trevor Newman is currently reading it
Andrew Breza
Andrew Breza marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Elaine
Elaine added it
Feb 07, 2016
Jim Ginther
Jim Ginther marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
mike s corum
mike s corum marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Cassell's Concise Latin-English, English-Latin Dictionary
  • The University of Chicago Spanish - English English - Spanish Dictionary
  • The American Heritage Dictionary
  • The Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
  • Roget's II: the new thesaurus
  • Arabic-English Dictionary
  • Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus (21st Century Reference)
  • The Dictionary of Classical Mythology
  • Bantam New College Latin and English Dictionary
  • The Arabic Alphabet: How to Read & Write It
  • Alif Baa with DVDs: Introduction to Arabic Letters and Sounds
  • The Complete Rhyming Dictionary
  • 501 Spanish Verbs: Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses in a New Easy-To-Learn Format Alphabetically Arranged
  • Random House Japanese-English English-Japanese Dictionary