Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus

Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  6 reviews
For 50 years, Webster's New World has set the standard for clarity, ease of use, and reliability in English-language reference. The flagship product, Webster's New World "TM" College Dictionary -- now available in a special 50th anniversary printing of the fourth edition -- is the reference of choice for the Associated Press, most leading U.S. newspapers, and discerning bu...more
Vinyl-bound, 230 pages
Published September 1st 1997 by MacMillan Publishing Company (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus

David Ward
Webster's New World Thesaurus by Charlton Grant Laird (Warner Books 1974) (nonfiction) is an indispensable guide for anyone who has ever written anything. My rating: 8/10, finished 1976.
Foxtower
I have it... it works.. what else can be said about a thesaurus. I'm always amazed at how many different ways one thought might be expressed and use this extensively when I'm writing. I don't have to say "this is a very good thesaurus", I can say it's a astonishly good, or immensely good, or just so. What better way to have fun with words!
StrangeBedfellows
Not really a worthwhile thesaurus. I'm generally disappointed by Webster's reference books, but I went ahead and bought this since it was at a discounted price. In the end, though, I still had to buy a better thesaurus. This one only offers up the usual fare of word choices, things I could have thought up perfectly well on my own.
Molly
It's a thesaurus, so there's not much that can be said about it as a review. [return]The layout is acceptable and considering I'm most likely using it to verify my own knowledge, I can't really call it out on any errors.
Huma
The first time I found out what a thesaurus is was when my father gave me this volume. I used it for giving unique headings to my history notes in 7th grade.
Kevin Browder
The most important tool in the world for a sonnet writer.
Jaylan Haley
Jaylan Haley marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Kresley
Kresley marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Adalberto Cesari
Adalberto Cesari marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Becky
Becky added it
May 10, 2014
Tyonce
Tyonce added it
Apr 24, 2014
The Miracle of Language Language in America Reading About Language Modern English Reader Word Laird