Start by marking “It's a Mall World After All” as Want to Read:
It's a Mall World After All

It's a Mall World After All

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  2,889 Ratings  ·  405 Reviews
It's too bad they don't give out diplomas for what you learn at the mall, because I could graduate with honors in that subject. No really. Since I've worked there, I've become an expert on all things shopping-related. For example, I can tell you right off who to distrust at the mall:

1) Skinny people who work at Cinnabon. I mean, if they're not eating the stuff they sell, h
Published October 3rd 2006 by Walker Childrens

To ask other readers questions about It's a Mall World After All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's a Mall World After All

Marilee
Jun 27, 2007 Marilee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
Rallison is laugh out loud funny! When I first saw this book I thought, just another silly teen romance novel. And it is a teen romance, but it's smart and absolutely hilarious. It's fluff, but it's the kind of fluff that I can read and recommend without guilt. Rallison's plot just races along as Charlotte, a high school senior with an uncanny ability to get herself in humiliating scrapes, tries to manage an attraction to her best friend's boyfriend's best friend, while simultaneously trying to ...more
Suey
Jul 13, 2008 Suey rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teenage girls and moms of such
Recommended to Suey by: Orem Library librarians
A "new" author I love. She's like Meg Cabot without the crap... or the gray areas. She's funny. She's easy to read. She's perfect for teen readers. This book's story is about a girl who decides that she learns some great life lessons while working as a perfume promoter at the mall. She gets herself into some pretty sticky situations while trying to prove that her best friend's boyfriend is two-timing her. Cute, cute story.

This one of the authors that I met at a signing the other day at Barnes a
Jennifer Wardrip
Dec 22, 2011 Jennifer Wardrip rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Cayla Carhart for TeensReadToo.com

If you like witty and hilarious page-turners that keep you interested and laughing all the way through, then IT'S A MALL WORLD AFTER ALL by Janette Rallison is the book for you! This is the kind of book that keeps you wondering what hilarious twist is coming next.

Charlotte is a girl who works in a mall, spraying perfume on unsuspecting costumers. She's a high school student, has red hair, she's taller than normal, and she has a strict policy against
Jessica
May 29, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This book is really interesting! It starts out with the protagonist, Charlotte, who works at the mall. In the mall, she analyzes people based on what they buy. She also learns about things in the mall. This book is about one day while she was working, she notice her best friend's boyfriend with someone else. She then tries to find out what's going on. While she was trying to find out what is going on between them, she falls in love with her best friend's boyfriend's best friend. There's a lot of ...more
Jeanette
Oct 28, 2016 Jeanette rated it liked it
It's a Mall World After All is a witty, fun filled high school romance that actually had me laughing out loud at times.
Charlotte is a good intentioned but accident prone teenager. While working at the mall she sees her best friends boyfriend cheating on her. When Charlotte tells her best friend, she sides with her boyfriend and Charlotte feels a wedge begin to form between them. Charlotte becomes determined to prove she is right and gets herself into several sticky (literally) situations.
I thoug
Susan
Mar 21, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing

It's a Mall World After All Janette Rallison
Walker Books for Young Readers,2006,230pp.,$16.95 ISBN0-545-01290-2

What’s the point of doing anything when someone doesn’t trust you? Well that’s not what Charlotte in It’s a Mall World After all by Janette Rallison thinks, like a genius, smart and confident that something is fishy when she finds out something about her best friend’s boyfriend cheating on Brianna behind her back. Even though Brianna doesn’t trust Charlotte and have arguments with h
Mikaela Tynski
Nov 02, 2013 Mikaela Tynski rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-term
"It's a Mall World After All", by Janette Rallison, is about a girl named Charlotte who is having some troubles with her flamboyant best friend, Brianna. Charlotte suspects some infidelity between Brianna and Brianna`s boyfriend, Bryant, when she unexpectedly spots Bryant and a blond chick at the mall. Charlotte jeopardizes her best friend's relationship by breaking the news to Brianna. Brianna then accuses Charlotte of being jealous! Will Charlotte continue her junior high school year filled ...more
Yanmei
Jan 22, 2008 Yanmei rated it really liked it
Shelves: advisory
this book is about charolette who finds out that her best friend is being cheated by her boyfriend the first day of for in the mall. she told her friend, but she did not believe her. charolette asked the guy's friend if it was true but he also said it was a lie. Now, charolette will do anything to prove that she is right, even asking a favor from the girl that stole her ex-boyfriend.
Akansha Gupta
Apr 16, 2015 Akansha Gupta rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All Teen Girls
This is such an outstanding book, every page of the book keeps you entertained. I definitely recommend this book for teens.

As books name says "It's a Mall World After All" :P :P
Jessica
Mar 25, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it
This was surprisingly a cute and fun read. It was a great mental break from things I've had going on, so I'm glad I read it.
Heather Clark
Jun 29, 2007 Heather Clark rated it it was amazing
Shelves: youngadult
Five stars for humor and a killer voice. This character is a lot of fun. Quick read, and fluffy-light. It made me want to sit down and write.
Taffy
Dec 11, 2008 Taffy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-authors
What a fun book! I laughed out loud numerous times! I finished this book around 11:30 PM and had to laugh quietly which shook the bed and woke my husband anyway.

The story is about Charlotte who was teased in jr. high and is still smarting from the teasing in high school. Her family moved away for a few years and when Charlotte moves back she is hot. But she takes revenge out on the boys in her school and refuses to date any of them.
Charlotte works in the mall and sees her best friends boyfriend
Luke
Jul 22, 2007 Luke rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mostly girls
This is one good book! It starts off when Charlotte, the main character, is working at the mall when she sees her best friend's boyfriend, Bryant, flirting with another girl. Charlotte immediately talks to her best friend, Brianna, and Brianna calls Bryant and...long story short, the evil boyfriend gets away with it. Now, Charlotte is out to prove that Bryant IS in fact evil and Brianna needs to know the truth.

With twists that I could never have predicted, Janette Rallison is definitely an autho
Katie W
Aug 31, 2009 Katie W rated it really liked it
This book had me laughing out loud at times! It's about Charlotte, a girl who was picked on in Jr. High, moved away for 2 years, and comes back really beautiful, but is totally against dating any guy who goes to her high school. I really enjoyed watching Charlotte develop throughout the book. She really does have others best interests at heart, but goes a little overboard in trying to protect those she cares about and is very prone to accidents. A light, clean, funny, and "fluffy" young adult ...more
Elena
Mar 31, 2008 Elena rated it really liked it
FUNNY! I LIKE it! Too bad you can't do bold on here... ANYWAYZ, I recommend this to you, all the people on my friends list! It's funny. AND if you like (again) "ROMANTIC-ISH" books that are fuddy... THIS BOOK IS FOE YOE!!! XDXDXD It truly is... O.K. GO READ THIS STINKIN' (jkjk it's NOT stinkin') BOOK, YOU PEOPLES!!!
Brenda
Apr 04, 2009 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Adorable, hysterical insight into the teenage world. Totally took me back to High School. Poor Char is a one woman disaster coming your way! She is quirky and witty and fiercely loyal. Loved the characters, funniest dialog and situations ever! My kids are now reading it!!!! I'm going to buy it tomorrow :)
Michelle
Feb 09, 2011 Michelle rated it liked it
Recommends it for: teen girls
Recommended to Michelle by: Marilee
Shelves: ya, 2008
Cute story about a girl who is trying to save the world by helping underprivileged kids, her best friend all while learning to trust in guys again. I liked Charlotte's quirkiness -- she gets into some great situations and the author has great comedic timing. A fun read, pretty light, but does scratch the surface of some heavier topics.
Emily
Mar 25, 2008 Emily rated it really liked it
I almost didn't admit that I had actually read this book. It took me between 3 and 4 hours to read, but I thought it was hilarious. I was actually laughing out loud. I love books that make me laugh out loud. Make fun if you want, but it was entertaining!
Erin
Sep 29, 2008 Erin rated it liked it
All of Janette Rallison's books are a clean, fun read. Not snarky teenage girl stuff, but still realistic(ish). I didn't laugh out loud for the latest 3 I've read, unlike Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To-do List. But they're still very fun. She's a quality writer.
Sierra mcroy
Jul 27, 2008 Sierra mcroy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teenage girls
Recommended to Sierra by: older sister
it is great for teens and adults it is a love story a hate story a break up story a friend story a christmas story and a mall story all wrapped up in one i would definitly recommend this book for teenage girls
Connie
Sep 12, 2008 Connie rated it really liked it
My mom & I took turns reading it aloud on the way home from Utah we along with my sister Debbie & my Dad all really enjoyed the book. We all laughed out loud.
And it is true you can not judge a book by its cover or its titles.
Naomi
Sep 07, 2015 Naomi rated it it was amazing
I was seriously dying while reading this. My mom kept giving me weird looks and asking what on earth was going on, but I am not ashamed! Absolutely hilarious.
Heidi
May 20, 2012 Heidi rated it liked it
funny writing+high school crush mishaps+school dance=good times
i recommend this to anyone named natalie bernice
Kristen
Jul 28, 2010 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-lit
Super cute. There were a few laugh out loud moments. One page had me laughing pretty hard. Quick (finished it in a few hours) pretty clean read.

Moral Note: Says hell a few times.
Cary
Mar 01, 2013 Cary rated it liked it
A quick read... Liked where this was going and enjoyed the banter. The story was fun. My only critique is that the ending was too abrupt and did not feel like a real ending.
Becky
Apr 01, 2008 Becky rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was a quick fun read that kept me smiling and laughing all along the way.
amy
Jul 29, 2014 amy rated it liked it
Maybe I don't have a funny bone. I wasn't laughing through this story. (That's in response to a review that someone wrote). I mean it was okay but a little juvenile.
Tamra
Jul 07, 2008 Tamra rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud funny!
Michelle
Feb 23, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I read this over the weekend and couldn't put it down. A good clean feel good read!
Donna
May 28, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-romance
Fun, fast paced, romantic story of betrayal, loyalty, and the high value of honor.
it's a mall world after all 3 44 Aug 30, 2014 01:02PM
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • 恋だの愛だの 1 [Koi Dano Ai Dano 1]
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Who Ran My Underwear up the Flagpole?
  • Hanatsukihime, Vol. 02
  • Princess of the Damned
  • For Hating Me You Sure Are Possessive
  • Wishful Thinking
  • Red-Hot and Royal
  • Silver Flame (Braddock-Black, #2)
  • So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)
  • At Face Value
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 5 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #5)
  • My Fair Viking (Viking I, #6)
  • The Class Trip (Sweet Valley Twins Super Edition, #1)
  • Masquerade
  • Of Darkness and Crowns (Goddess Wars, #2)
  • Marry Me, Maddie
Check out my awesome book trailers!
My Unfair Godmother:
My Fair Godmother: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up1jF8...
Just One Wish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1Nce...
My Double Life

Janette Rallison has five children who keep her well supplied with plot ideas, sometimes even making cameo appearances in her novels. She
More about Janette Rallison...

“Charlotte: "It’s too bad they don’t give out diplomas for what you learn at the mall, because I could graduate with honors in that subject. No really. Since I’ve worked there, I’ve become an expert on all things shopping-related. For example, I can tell you right off who to distrust at the mall:

1) Skinny people who work at Cinnabon. I mean, if they’re not eating the stuff they sell, how good can it be?

2) The salesladies at department store makeup counters. No matter what they tell you, buying all that lip gloss will not make you look like the pouty models in the store posters.

3) And most importantly—my best friend’s boyfriend, Bryant, who showed up at the food court with a mysterious blonde draped on his arm.”
65 likes
“Isn't that the guy you asked me to throw soda on?"
Colton's head jerked up. He stared first at Reece, then at me. "You asked him to throw soda on me?"
"Of course not. The boy is delirious, That's what happens to children when they're malnourished. They start hallucinating." I put my hand against Reese's forehead as though checking for a temperature. "I'm afraid he has a serious case of it."
Colton folded his arms and continued to glare at me. "No, Charlotte, you have a serious case of it, and I'm not talking about malnourishment."
Reese stepped away from my temperature check and toward Colton. "She said you wouldn't melt like the Wicked Witch of the West, but you might fizz a little." Reese turned back to me. "He never did fizz."
"I'm about to," Colton said. "Just watch for a few more seconds.”
14 likes