Start by marking “No More Pacifier for Piggy!” as Want to Read:
No More Pacifier for Piggy!

No More Pacifier for Piggy!

2.93 of 5 stars 2.93  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Ducky has given up diapers, Bunny has put aside bottles, and now it’s Piggy’s turn to grow up!
Ducky has a great new game that he’d like to share with his friend: peekaboo! Piggy wants to play too, but every time he tries to smile or call out “I see you!” his pacifier gets in the way. Will Piggy forget about his pacifier…or forget about having fun?
Once again, Bernette Ford
Published April 1st 2008 by Boxer Books (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about No More Pacifier for Piggy!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No More Pacifier for Piggy!

Russell
While the text is simplistic, the illustrations and flow convey a lovely story. A story with an important message about personal growth, inspiring the reader to learn to live life without their personal crutches. We could all use a friend who challenges us like Ducky, instead of an enabler.
Shel
Jul 24, 2009 Shel added it
Ford, B., & Williams, S. (2008). No More Pacifier for Piggy! new York: Boxer Books.

1905417896

Pacifier loving Piggy and Ducky decide to play a game of peek-a-boo, but Piggy's pacifier gets in the way of him speaking, laughing and having fun. While playing together, Piggy realizes that he doesn't need his pacifier.

The illustrations are fun, with Ducky and Piggy having the proportions of toddlers. (They even drink from piggy and ducky cops).

Activities to Do with the Book:

This story can be used
Robert Beveridge
Bernette Ford, No More Pacifier for Piggy! (Boxer Books, 2012)

We got this and another book in the series (No More Biting for Billy Goat!) out of the library and put them into rotation at story time. I wasn't convinced at first they were going to last the entire tenure (our library allows three-week book checkouts), but we're into week three and both the bean and I have warmed to the characters somewhat, though the writing still feels a little more expository than it feels like it should be (“Pig
Adrienne
Illustrations are adorable; I like Piggy and Ducky! I thought the story was cute, too--and I'm pretty sure we'll be reading this again when my kids get old enough that they need to ditch the pacifiers.
Samantha
Piggy and his friend Ducky spend the day playing, but for the first part of the day Piggy's pacifier seems to get in the way. When he drops it on the ground and finds he doesn't have anymore backups, Piggy becomes upset. Ducky to the rescue! The friends play all day and have so much fun that Piggy forgets all about his pacifier.

The story was just eh for me because I didn't buy that Piggy (or a child) would just forget about their beloved pacifier with a day of distracted play.

The watercolor art
Jenne
This is a cute little board book which tries to help kids get over the need for a pacifier. My daughter never took to a pacifier so we just read the book because it was new and on hand.

The drawings are very vivid and colourful, the words are usefully repetitive and what kid doesn't love peek-a-boo? My daughter stayed interested all the way through, which is a feat for this 9 month old!
Janet
Jun 07, 2008 Janet rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Moms of overgrown binky users
An adorable little Piggy can't seem to give up his "binky" and it's starting to interfere with his play time with his friends. He soon discovers that it's okay to leave the binky behind. A good lesson for all! lol.
A cute story with cute illustrations. Perfect for Moms who can't seem to get their toddler to give up the pacifier. Of course the book alone won't help but it might be a start.
Ratforcekids
This is a great book dealing with the ever difficult "letting go" of the beloved pacifier. This is an age-appropriate book with a great lesson in which Piggy has to choose between playing new games with a friend, or his pacifier. Also in this series, No More Diapers for Ducky.
Jen
Jul 30, 2009 Jen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Great big illustrations make this a cute book for kids. Not sure about the message...is getting rid of a pacifier that big of a deal? Hmm. But the pictures are awesome and I want to cuddle the ducky.
This is a good book to explain some good reasons to stop sucking on a pacifier. My son enjoyed it. I thought it was okay. The illustrations were cute.
Jessica Howard
I have no idea why Eleanor insisted on checking out this dull book from the library...
Stargazer
very cute book for pre=schoolers
Chase
Chase marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Cmschaults
Cmschaults marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Leanabb
Leanabb marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Sarah added it
Feb 10, 2015
Eric
Eric added it
Jan 31, 2015
Lorrie
Lorrie marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Chrissy Richter
Chrissy Richter marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Tina
Tina added it
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
No More Diapers for Ducky! Ballet Kitty First Snow No More Biting for Billy Goat! No More Blanket for Lambkin!