Start by marking “Visions for Black Men” as Want to Read:
Visions for Black Men

Visions for Black Men

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Visions for Black Men raises issues which are not only important to black men but to all of us. How do we restore African manhood to those whom the society has not viewed as the chosen people? Discover the startling prediction of the mystical tradition of Ancient Africa-- that the descendants of a once great nation will raise again.
Published July 1st 1991 by Mind Productions & Associates

To ask other readers questions about Visions for Black Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visions for Black Men

Ht
Naim Akbar is one of my favorites, he does a great job at defining manhood from the black mans view point. Short and sweet.
C. Williams

Great research material to support my thoughts on women successfully raising sons.
Dayshawn Obi
Very eye opening and inspiring book recommended for all young brothers or those who are in the process of becoming conscious about the culture.
Kenny
the perception that is portrayed in this book is truly exemplified in our everyday community. the concept that most of the men of our generations are just boys putting on a masquerade that they are men. they may have the physical attributes but the mental and psychological aspects are not there.
Isaiah Johnson
Book about awakening your inner divinity and self-definition. Difficult read but again well worth it and greatly inspirational particularly for African-American males seeking to become Black Men.
Azhar Mcneal
lIFE-CHANGING BOOK. a MUST READ.
Carmen
Naim Akbar keeps it short and sweet (as usual). A must read for all Black Men. (I would recommend that Black Women read it as well)
Mariah
Mariah marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
N.swain
N.swain marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Meero White
Meero White marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Detrick Deburr
Detrick Deburr marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
April Poole
April Poole marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Phillip Sumby
Phillip Sumby marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Shani Lindsay
Shani Lindsay marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Hakim
Hakim marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Tremel
Tremel marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Kira
Kira is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2014
Bonnie Parker
Bonnie Parker marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Maruf
Maruf marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Anaise
Anaise marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Erich
Erich added it
Dec 07, 2014
Brion Miller
Brion Miller marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Emma Robinson
Emma Robinson marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
  • Countering the Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys
  • The Isis Papers: The Keys to the Colors
  • Sisters of the Yam: Black Women and Self-Recovery
  • Destruction of Black Civilization: Great Issues of a Race From 4500 B.C. To 2000 A.D.
  • Caveman Logic: The Persistence of Primitive Thinking in a Modern World
  • From "Superman" to Man
  • A Country of Strangers: Blacks and Whites in America
  • The Struggle for Black Equality: 1954-1992
  • They Came Before Columbus: The African Presence in Ancient America
  • Why Do All the Black Kids Sit Together in the Cafeteria?
  • An Epidemic of Rumors: How Stories Shape Our Perception of Disease
  • The Hip-Hop Generation: Young Blacks and the Crisis in African-American Culture
  • Fatal Invention: How Science, Politics, and Big Business Re-create Race in the Twenty-First Century
  • All Our Kin: Strategies For Survival In A Black Community
  • Two Nations: Black and White, Separate, Hostile, Unequal
  • ego trip's Big Book of Racism!
  • From the Browder File: 22 Essays on the African American Experience
  • Untouchables: My Family's Triumphant Journey Out of the Caste System in Modern India
Dr. Na'im Akbar has been acclaimed by Essence Magazine as "one of the world's preeminent Psychologists and a pioneer in the development of an African-centered approach in modern psychology." Akbar has served as Associate Professor at Norfolk State University, was Chairman of the Morehouse College Psychology Department and is currently on the faculty in the Department of Psychology at Florida State ...more
More about Na'im Akbar...
Breaking the Chains of Psychological Slavery Know Thyself The Community of Self Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery Light from Ancient Africa