Start by marking “Blue Beetle, Vol. 4: End Game ” as Want to Read:
Blue Beetle, Vol. 4: End Game

Blue Beetle, Vol. 4: End Game (Blue Beetle #4)

Featuring a story that ties into "The Sinestro Corps War," this volume collects BLUE BEETLE #20-26. This title also includes the special Spanish language story, along with the script translated into English.
Published October 7th 2008 by DC Comics (first published September 16th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Beetle, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Beetle, Vol. 4

Koen
Oct 03, 2016 Koen rated it really liked it
Ahhhh, this is more like it!! I knew there was a reason I kept on reading..
Reyes kicks it up a notch and brings home the bacon..
Loved it and then some..
victoria.p
Nov 25, 2010 victoria.p rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
This is where the series kicks into high gear, and it's fantastic. &Jaime;! Khaji Da! Brenda & Paco! Bianca & Alberto! Milagro and her weird affection for Guy Gardner! I draw sparkly hearts around the whole Reyes family, but especially around Jaime, who is adorable and sensible and AWESOME.
Joseph
Jul 03, 2011 Joseph rated it it was amazing
Borrowed from Debi

If I had to make a complaint, it would be to wonder where Superman and friends were during the huge space battle. Having said that, I will say that I have almost no other complaints about this volume.

Epic space battle? Check. Major character development? Check. Surprising twists? Check. Watching Jaime save the day with his wits, rather than just brawling, was a pleasure, especially since it seemed so organic to the rest of the series.

And I loved the last issue, which provided s
Mike
My third Blue Beetle book in as many weeks. The second by the same author. I read the New 52 first volume in between reading Blue Beetle 2008 (whichever label I can put on that version) Volume 3 and 4. This being volume 4.

I wasn't interested in reading the first two volumes in this particular run, mostly due to comments that things finally started being coherent by volume 3. Well, if incoherence and/or lack of focus actually is a problem with earlier volumes, it certainly showed up in this book
Matej
Jun 01, 2015 Matej rated it really liked it
This is the 4th volume of the last pre-Flashpoint, pre-New 52, Blue Beetle series that collects issues #20-#26.
Even though I haven't read any of the volumes from this Blue Beetle series (I have read both volumes of the New 52 Blue Beetle series) it was rather easy to follow the story.
The art is good throughout the entire collection and I especially like the look of the aliens.
All in all, this is a pretty fun and a great read even if you haven't read the rest of the series.
Brian
Sep 23, 2012 Brian rated it really liked it
Blue Beetle and the Reach finally comes to blows and Jamie's relationship to the Scarab drastically changes. This is the culmination of a lot of story lines from the first several issues and it's well worth it. Plus the entirely Spanish issue is interesting (though thank goodness for having the translation at the back or I'd be super lost).
Shannon Appelcline
Jun 07, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
A little weak around the edges, but the four issues that make up the actual "End Game" story are an excellent culmination of this Blue Beetle series [8/10]. The gimmicky Spanish-language issue at the end was pretty much a waste of space, however.
Jin
Jul 20, 2014 Jin rated it it was amazing
"Wow! I'm totally impressed with how the plot from volume one up to this book progressed! Jaime Reyes' adventure is fun and awesome! From neighborhood gangs to planet conquering aliens, this is a fine example of how you run a superhero series in volume to volume success."
K.
May 07, 2013 K. rated it really liked it
Jaime is still my favorite. Still apprehensive about New 52's version of him (I've heard they ruined his supporting cast ...)
dennis
Jan 02, 2010 dennis rated it did not like it
oh well, they had to bring the spectre into things. the series was so promising, too. i'm out, didn't bother to finish this one.
Al Tarancón
Feb 12, 2013 Al Tarancón rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic, superheroes
Impresionante el final de etapa de John Rogers. Reyes se convierte en estos numeros en un heroe en toda regla. Mucha accion y sorpresas, momentos emotivos y adrenalina... Genial!
Katie
Sep 21, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, comic-books
Molly
Sep 09, 2015 Molly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was really wonderful. Loved the characters, loved the story, loved the artwork. My favorite of the series so far.
Andrew Schroeder
Andrew Schroeder rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2012
Amparo
Amparo rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Gordon
Gordon rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Kailey Keane
Kailey Keane rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2014
B. Barda
B. Barda rated it liked it
May 12, 2011
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Ahmed
Ahmed rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2011
Numnut
Numnut rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Becca
Becca rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2012
Kenzo Dyko
Kenzo Dyko rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Nicholas Palmieri
Nicholas Palmieri rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2015
Holden
Holden rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
Thomas Maluck
Thomas Maluck rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2011
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Nini
Nini rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2012
  • Wonder Woman: Eyes of the Gorgon
  • Animal Crackers: A Gene Luen Yang Collection
  • Power Girl, Vol. 2: Aliens and Apes
  • Tiny Titans, Vol. 3: Sidekickin' It
John Rogers is a screenwriter, comedian, film producer, and comic book writer. Although born in Worcester, Massachusetts, he attended McGill University in Montreal and is better known publicly as a Canadian writer.
More about John Rogers...

Blue Beetle (6 books)