Start by marking “5 Days to a Perfect Night's Sleep for Your Child: The Secrets to Making Bedtime a Dream” as Want to Read:

An international phenomenon now available in America for the first time, this quick, no-nonsense guide is all you need to get your child to sleep through the night (pillow not included).

These days, most books on improving your child’s sleep take either a tough-love approach (ignore crying) or a soothing strategy (offer continuous comfort). But now an internationally renow
Published March 25th 2008 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about 5 Days to a Perfect Night's Sleep for Your Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5 Days to a Perfect Night's Sleep for Your Child

Cassie
There was only one chapter in this book that would apply to my two-month-old and unfortunately, I've already tried the suggestions and he's still not sleeping as well as he should.

The rest of the book has tips for helping older babies and children sleep, but I do not plan to follow them because I cannot ignore my child. The author says not to worry if a child makes him or herself throw up to get your attention because it's very easy for children to do that, but they would never actually hurt the
Carol
Jul 10, 2008 Carol rated it it was ok
Kinda sounded like the other sleep books I've read--Ferber, Baby Whisperer. But a quick read--barely longer than a pamphlet.
Jenna
Jan 19, 2014 Jenna rated it liked it
He has some great points but I agree with another commenter, some of his thoughts were a bit extreme and makes you wonder if he has children himself! A very quick read with some good tactics.
Rachel
Nov 14, 2013 Rachel rated it did not like it
Awful. The author advocates ignoring your child who vomits or bangs her head on the crib to avoid sleep. I get crying it out, but it can go too far. I won't be trying this.
Christina Richards
Jan 02, 2011 Christina Richards rated it it was amazing
I actually give this 5 THOUSAND stars for getting my child to sleep through the night (after only 1 day too).
Faye
Faye rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2011
Cat W.
Cat W. rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Cintia Lacerda menon
Cintia Lacerda menon rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2015
Heather Rivera
Jun 04, 2008 Heather Rivera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short simple read. He made some great points, that I had not thought of.
Leah
Leah rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2016
Heather Moffitt
Heather Moffitt rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2016
Jomo1337
Jomo1337 rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2009
Graziella
Graziella rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2014
Petz Erika
Petz Erika rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2016
Barbara Martinez
Barbara Martinez rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2011
Mikaela Renz-Whitmore
Mikaela Renz-Whitmore rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2013
Sonia
Sonia rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2016
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2015
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Jessica Sousa
Jessica Sousa rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2017
Tari
Tari rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2009
Arturo Parra
Arturo Parra rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Beatriz Valle
Beatriz Valle rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2012
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2014
Nina Reid
Nina Reid rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Klaus
Klaus rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Daniel Silberman
Daniel Silberman rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2015