Start by marking “Cowgirl Cuisine: Rustic Recipes and Cowgirl Adventures from a Texas Ranch” as Want to Read:
Cowgirl Cuisine: Rustic Recipes and Cowgirl Adventures from a Texas Ranch

Cowgirl Cuisine: Rustic Recipes and Cowgirl Adventures from a Texas Ranch

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Who hasn't fantasized about leaving behind the chaos of everyday life and moving someplace where life is simpler? Well, that's just what chef and food writer Paula Disbrowe did when she left New York City and moved to Texas. She traded her subway MetroCard for a pickup truck and her stiletto heels for a pair of down-home cowboy boots.

In Cowgirl Cuisine, Paula tells her sto
Published March 13th 2007 by William Morrow Cookbooks (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cowgirl Cuisine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowgirl Cuisine

Angie D
Really yummy recipes, but I would classify these recipes as "gourmet". In other words, it either a) takes too long to make the recipe (has too many steps) or b) the recipe uses waaaayyy too many ingredients to make it worth my time and effort. It could be that I am lazy, but I was looking for something yummy to make that wouldn't put me out too much. The pictures in this book were nice, though!
brenda
This is a great cookbook --- well, if you love meat! We've used several of the recipes in the past month and loved them all. This week was a chili made with ground turkey, pablano and jalepeno peppers - 24 sage leaves and bay leaves from our garden! If you like the flavors of the southwest, this is definitely worth a look!
Michelle
I have been reading this cookbook cover to cover. There are funny stories throughout about this Manhattan writer with a background in cooking who left the Big Apple to become a ranch owner in the Texas Hill Country. The photography is lovely. The recipes look good- but I haven't tried any yet.
Megan
This cookbook came to me - I didn't seek it out (I won in through a food blog or something). That said, I really liked it. The essay portions are a little stale (big city girl adjusts to country life), but the photos are gorgeous, and the recipes that I've tried so far have been very good.
Marian
Mar 15, 2008 Marian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: cook
Checked this out from the library and going to purchase it. I love cookbooks and this one has it all; great recipe photos, interesting slants on the recipes, not one or two, but many many yummy sounding recipes.
Tara
I think I can legitimately say I read this book - even if it is a cookbook. It hasn't left my kitchen counter since I brought it home. Yum. I'm craving the enchiladas right now....
Lynda
This was a good read. However don't expect traditional Texas recipes. This cowgirl is from New York City and the recipes reflect it.
Jess
Photos, writing great, graphic design in book fun, but talk about gourmet! Way too expensive and labor intensive for me.
Karen
Can't wait to make the roasted tomato soup. The chicken enchiladas look yum. Liked the book . . . recommend.
Candice
Just because she used to edit my articles doesn't mean she can't cook. try the whiskey coffee roast.
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 02, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Silvia-otilia Mihalcea
Silvia-otilia Mihalcea marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Kjinky
Kjinky marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Leaann
Leaann marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
veronica davies
veronica davies marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Lori Jones
Lori Jones marked it as to-read
May 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking from Donald Link's Louisiana Crescent City Cooking: Unforgettable Recipes from Susan Spicer's New Orleans Down South: Bourbon, Pork, Gulf Shrimp & Second Helpings of Everything Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook Crescent City Cooking: Unforgettable Recipes from Susan Spicer's New Orleans