Start by marking “Cowgirl Cuisine: Rustic Recipes and Cowgirl Adventures from a Texas Ranch” as Want to Read:
Cowgirl Cuisine: Rustic Recipes and Cowgirl Adventures from a Texas Ranch

Cowgirl Cuisine: Rustic Recipes and Cowgirl Adventures from a Texas Ranch

Who hasn't fantasized about leaving behind the chaos of everyday life and moving someplace where lif....
Published March 13th 2007 by William Morrow Cookbooks (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cowgirl Cuisine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowgirl Cuisine

Michelle M. Mitza
May 29, 2017 Michelle M. Mitza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read and pretty simple recipes

I enjoyed the book, the story of their transition from city to ranch. Seems they found the way to live. I've bookmarked several recipes to try.
Angie D
Jan 10, 2008 Angie D rated it it was ok
Really yummy recipes, but I would classify these recipes as "gourmet". In other words, it either a) takes too long to make the recipe (has too many steps) or b) the recipe uses waaaayyy too many ingredients to make it worth my time and effort. It could be that I am lazy, but I was looking for something yummy to make that wouldn't put me out too much. The pictures in this book were nice, though!
brenda
Oct 06, 2008 brenda rated it it was amazing
This is a great cookbook --- well, if you love meat! We've used several of the recipes in the past month and loved them all. This week was a chili made with ground turkey, pablano and jalepeno peppers - 24 sage leaves and bay leaves from our garden! If you like the flavors of the southwest, this is definitely worth a look!
Megan
Aug 04, 2008 Megan rated it really liked it
This cookbook came to me - I didn't seek it out (I won in through a food blog or something). That said, I really liked it. The essay portions are a little stale (big city girl adjusts to country life), but the photos are gorgeous, and the recipes that I've tried so far have been very good.
Michelle
Apr 21, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I have been reading this cookbook cover to cover. There are funny stories throughout about this Manhattan writer with a background in cooking who left the Big Apple to become a ranch owner in the Texas Hill Country. The photography is lovely. The recipes look good- but I haven't tried any yet.
Marian
Mar 15, 2008 Marian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cook
Checked this out from the library and going to purchase it. I love cookbooks and this one has it all; great recipe photos, interesting slants on the recipes, not one or two, but many many yummy sounding recipes.
Tara
Apr 09, 2007 Tara rated it really liked it
I think I can legitimately say I read this book - even if it is a cookbook. It hasn't left my kitchen counter since I brought it home. Yum. I'm craving the enchiladas right now....
Jess
Jul 08, 2008 Jess rated it liked it
Photos, writing great, graphic design in book fun, but talk about gourmet! Way too expensive and labor intensive for me.
Karen
Jul 23, 2010 Karen rated it really liked it
Can't wait to make the roasted tomato soup. The chicken enchiladas look yum. Liked the book . . . recommend.
Candice
Dec 21, 2007 Candice rated it it was amazing
Just because she used to edit my articles doesn't mean she can't cook. try the whiskey coffee roast.
Lynda
Jun 05, 2009 Lynda rated it liked it
This was a good read. However don't expect traditional Texas recipes. This cowgirl is from New York City and the recipes reflect it.
Rebecca Tolley
Jul 15, 2011 Rebecca Tolley rated it liked it
read my review at my food blog: http://www.potlikkery.com/2007/05/suc...
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2009
Patrick J Lynch
Patrick J Lynch rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2017
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2007
Holly Zahn manske
Holly Zahn manske rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2014
Susie
Susie rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2007
Leslie Goo
Leslie Goo rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2014
Deloris Baker
Deloris Baker rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2015
Marianthi
Marianthi rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2013
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2017
Vicki
Vicki rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2009
Charlotte's Rose
Charlotte's Rose rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2013
Candielouhoo
Candielouhoo rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2009
Sarita
Sarita rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2008
Alison Perry
Alison Perry rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2008
Tami Mitchell
Tami Mitchell rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2009
Laura rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2011