Start by marking “Sorcha's Heart” as Want to Read:
Sorcha's Heart

Sorcha's Heart

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A legendary relic, a dragon-wrought amulet, the Heart of Fire may be the salvation of her people, and Sorcha is willing to pay any price to obtain it, but when she discovers the price is the loss of her humanity, she learns caution too late. Only a hero can save her now, but he isn't human.
Published July 15th 2006 by Freya's Bower (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sorcha's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorcha's Heart

It's short but for me, the H and h were fleshed out. The story has the rush feel of a short story but it did not diminished the fullness of the romance between the H and h.
The heroine was happily living an ideal life until she saw a chance to spread her wings and leave the constriction of her mother's mothering. She set off in her mission to save humanity against her natural enemy only to end up facing her destiny.
The hero, although isn't that chest-beating alpha still managed to distinguished h
This story was fantastic. The first half I couldn't put it down, because I was captivated by learning what it was like to be a dragon. Then I was reduced to tears at the change. Luckily it ended with laughter. The story is excellent. I strongly recommend anyone likes paranormal dragon stories read this. Best prequel ever. Off to look for more by this author.
A great introduction to her series Sorcha's children. Can't wait to continue the series!
Ok this was a 4.5. Awesome story. dragons and humans need to end there war and Sorcha calls on magic for help and ends up a dragon. She has to learn there ways and that was very interesting. It was action packed but since it was so short (an afternoon read) the development of the story was effected. It would have been a 5 if it was longer and she gave the relationship some time.
I really loved this story, especially since I am a die-hard fan of dragons. The pacing was perfect, even though this is shorter than a usual novel or novella, and it left me full of different wonderful emotions. This is something that I have found that I want to read over and over again. I hope to read the next book really soon.
Adrianna Morgan
I was intrigued by the product description and wondered how the author would play out the human/ dragon elements of the story. Was surprised at the direction the author chose. It was different and allowed the reader to see the story in a new perspective. Enjoyed it and will be reading more.
I really liked this book. It is dragon fantasy and is part of a series that I plan to read more of in the future.
LOVED IT! Going to read the next one!
Lisa Swanepoel
A short sweet story.
angela marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Grace added it
Sep 06, 2015
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Col K
Col K marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Michelle Sanders
Michelle Sanders marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Susan marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Heather Smith
Heather Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Mary C Brunngraeber
Mary C Brunngraeber marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Megan added it
Jul 02, 2015
Tema marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Shaun Donovan
Shaun Donovan marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Suki Sather
Suki Sather marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Rhine Maiden
  • The Glass Wall (Return of the Ancients, #1)
  • My Twisted Drink
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • Irish Moon (Moon Magick, #1)
  • Legon Awakening (Legon, #1)
  • Hunter Moon
  • Griffin's Daughter (Griffin's Daughter Trilogy, #1)
  • The Blood Gate
  • Sunrise at Sunset
  • Seaborne (Seaborne #1)
  • Initiate (The Unfinished Song, #1)
  • Down a Lost Road (The Lost Road Chronicles #1)
  • The Highwayman
  • The Overtaking
  • The Seer's 7 Deadly Fairy Tales: A Compendium
  • Avion (The Crystal Rose Chronicles, #1)
  • The Pocket Watch (The Trinity Saga, #1)
Debbie Mumford specializes in fantasy and paranormal romance. She loves mythology and is especially fond of Celtic and Native American lore. She writes about faeries and dragons and other fantasy creatures for adults as herself and for tweens and young adults as Deb Logan.

Visit Debbie’s website to learn more about her currently available work.
More about Debbie Mumford...
Dragons' Choice (Sorcha's Children #1) The Silver Casket Second Sight Wakinyan's Valley Her Highland Laird