Start by marking “Zane's The Sisters of APF: The Indoctrination of Soror Ride Dick” as Want to Read:
Zane's The Sisters of APF: The Indoctrination of Soror Ride Dick
Preview

Zane's The Sisters of APF: The Indoctrination of Soror Ride Dick

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  3,757 ratings  ·  133 reviews

The Sisters of APF is Zane's first book based on one of her most popular short story subjects, the sexy escapades of a sorority like no other.

APF stands for Alpha Phi Fuckem, a sorority dedicated to sexual freedom and the fulfillment of its members. Zane's APF stories have appeared in her earlier collections, including The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth, and are fav

Published April 27th 2004 by Atria Books (first published 2003)

The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahThe Cartel by Ashley AntoinetteTale of the Murda Mamas by Ashley AntoinetteThe Last Chapter by Ashley AntoinetteAddicted by Zane
The Hottest Urban Fiction
27th out of 201 books — 289 voters
Addicted by ZanePurple Panties by ZaneNervous by ZaneAfterburn by ZaneGettin' Buck Wild by Zane
Zane
7th out of 39 books — 94 voters

More lists with this book...

Lakeita
This book spawned my reading spree. Zane is the bomb! (do people still say "the bomb"??? I was a teenager in the 90's! I may be stuck) LOL
Rose
I've read erotic romances aplenty. And I'll be the first to admit I've gotten slightly hot and bothered. But never before has erotic fiction made me gasp and fan myself as much as this book did.

Mary Ann Ferguson is a sexually inexperienced country bumpkin who moves to D.C. to begin law school. When the R.A of her dorm, Patricia, takes her under her wing, Mary Ann's eyes are opened to a sexual freedom she never knew existed.

My feelings about this book are so conflicted.

I feel like I should feel
Tiara
Dec 08, 2008 Tiara added it
Zane APE this book is about sexual freedom in a sorority. What kept me reading this book was the intelligence the author uses in this book. I would have never thought about making a book about a sorority nobody knows about or the true meaning of the sorority.
My favorite line in this book is when Mary Ann says “So, people might assume you all are gay.” You both know you’re real men so don’t sweat it.
I think the author tried to write this book by saying there is things that are out in the world
Tanya Brown
This book was amazing. It was real sexual but, it gave great detail. The sisters of APF are all dynamic characters because they all began to change their friendship and began to become secretive about their sex lives. The setting of the story took place at an college were the woman are in a feternity called APF. The APF are full of sexual aroused woman who all want to have wild one night stands with men that they will never meet again. Mean while the main character eventually catches on to what ...more
Janderson
In my continued quest to become familiar with the genre of Urban Fiction I decided to try some Zane, who is hands-down the most popular author of this genre in my library system. To save time I opted to listen to this book and have to first say that I really enjoyed the narrator.
Now, on to the actual story... First of all, Zane clearly advertises her novels as erotica and this is a step up in my opinion. Many of the other Urban Fiction novels I've been reading seem to try to pass their books of
Tim
While I admire the independence of some of the characters, the naivete of a main character grinds in a not so good way. 3 of 10 stars
Dimitria
I read this book 10 yrs ago and it was hot and steamy. My prudish self and my "inner goddess"(50 shades) were in conflict and I did not have any friends to discuss the book. Fast forward to 50 shades of Grey and I can talk to anyone on the street! Oh and there is no more conflict!!
Shamone Sharif
Omg Lol this book was full of excitement for me lol. I loved it from beginning to the end. Had me ready to join a sorority like this for a minute lol.
Chivon
As usual, Zane is off the chain. I feel so guilty reading her books sometimes, but oh well. They are a great way to escape reality!!!
Maegen
This is my first and likely the last book by Zane I will read. If I wasn't sure before, I am now, I don't like erotic fiction or romance.
DeTerrius Woods
Sign Me Up (3.5 stars)

Everyone knows that once a confined person finally has a taste of the pie, they crave it for eternity, and that's basically the story of Mary Ann.

Mary Ann was a predictable character, but I reckon twists and turns wasn't the point of penning this novel. The point was to turn you on so much that you would need your lover or favorite lube nearby. That...which is what Zane is known for...was done to perfection. The story within itself didn't really excite me, but I did enjoy
Klalina Johnson
Well, are u ready to join APF?
Erica Carson
What can I say she an did it again. I base a book off of if I can put it down and how ling it take me to read. This women in this book are wild. Truly crazy Lol. Its a good read truly the things they do will have you asking your self did she just do/say that. Finished in some hours.(I'm a fast reader to) but I didn't want to put down.
Mrerotic Noire
I've know, like most people, about Zane for the last 15 or so years. I think for many she is considered to be to black erotica what Whitney was to singer/soul music - she is legend. For years female friends would rant and rave on about Sisters of APF and how it's wow and fantastic. To be honest i found it a good read, funny in parts, sexy but not 'wow'. i'm not sure if its because i'm over 10 years too late in reading it or because so many spoke about it I had high expectations. Either way, I wa ...more
Kiley Douyon
Apr 16, 2009 Kiley Douyon rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kiley Douyon by: Brittney Hicks
The main characters of this book are Mary Ann Ferguson, Patricia and Olive. They are a part of APF. Which is a group of women that involve them selves in provocative activities and take their sorority very serious. These women have weird love lives. But none the less they are exciting.

The theme of this book is provocative, and risk.

I cannot relate to this book because I am not a woman. But the book is very good. The women in this book remind of my female friends that I have. With some of the act
Nyesha Nyesha
I absolutely love this book and Zane has been an idol of mine for years now. I always look forward to more of her work.
Liza
Maryann is your typical country bumpkin who gets the opportunity to go to school in the big city, Washington DC. The first person to befriend her is Patricia. Patricia sees something in her almost immediately that would make her the perfect unwanted candidate to join her sorority.

Maryann is introduced to Olive, the sorority chapter president, and Olive is far from impressed. Do to an unfortunate event on Maryann's part, Olive becomes intrigued and thinks that Patricia was right about Maryann.

You
Mia
Pretty good book about a young naive girl (Mary-Ann) who knows nothing about sex what-so-ever. She is the daughter of a chicken farmer who goes off to law school in Washington, D.C and that is where she meets her new friend Patricia who sees her as a girl who does possess freakiness....only she needs it brought out of her. Soon, Patricia introduces Mary-Ann to her "girls"....the sister's of APF, which stands for Alpha Phi Fuckem Sorority. They gave her an initiation she would never forget and a ...more
Christa JoAnna
That was awesome! My first time in this genre! The audio book is the way to go!
Tyre
Excellent book! Read it years ago. I remember it being a page turner.
Natalyn McClain
Luv this book, read it 5 times
Winter Sophia Rose
Sexy, Funny, Steamy Erotica!
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Various shorts from the prospective of three women liter this read and makes the journey interesting. The opportunity to see this from various POV makes this a must read in self discovery, self understanding, and a little self awareness.
Sha
very good
Marthe
I remember the plot twists being so mind blowing, yet predictable and corny at the same time, as it detailed these women seeking "sexual liberation." The main character is still not a part of APF by chapter 20. There's just a lot of random sex, crude language and slang, which seems odd for these (budding) professionals. Kudos, she explicitly details the use of condoms in these trysts. Quick-read, hot sex(?), with no real climax. If you read Sex Chronicles, skip this. Borrow, don't buy.
Mike Moskos
Trash. Everything you need to know can be summarized in these lines: "So people might assume you all are gay? You both know you're real men, so don't sweat it."A story about a group of super cocky, rude, "bitchy" women of African descent. So many glaring problems of realism you get the feeling the author simply sat down at a keyboard and typed this thing out with zero research.

The switch of narrators--particularly in an audiobook--was hard to follow.

Clearly I expected more.
Adrianne Miller
Very good book from start to finish. Nothing like I expected it to be. Would I Recommend: yes.
Christopher Boyd
I thought this was a good read. I've heard a lot about Zane over the years and actually found this book on my mom's bookshelf. I read this book in two days a could not put it down. The sex scenes were hot, but aside from that I found her writing to be easy enough to keep up with the story, but yet complex enough to keep inquiring minds wondering. The evolution of Mary Ann, Olive and Patrica are all interesting. I look forward to reading more Zane books!
Lashon Lee
This us one of my favorite books of Zane's. this book is a must read, as I was reading this book and going through the chapters I wanted to join a sorority so bad. But there were no sororities out there that was doing what was in the book. But that's okay my imagination was very high I as I continued to read the book I just imagined myself as one of the members of the APF sorority. And I must say I had do much fun doing it. WOW OMG SMH
  • Baby Momma Drama
  • Any Way the Wind Blows
  • For the Love of Money
  • The Maintenance Man
  • Little Black Girl Lost 2
Zane (real name Kristina Roberts) is an African American author of erotic fiction. She is the daughter of two former educators: an elementary school teacher and a world-renowned theologian who is also the author of nearly two dozen books. She was born and raised in the Washington, D.C. area where she still resides with her three children.

In 1997, Zane began writing erotic stories to pass the time
More about Zane...
Addicted Nervous Afterburn Shame on It All The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth