Start by marking “Stand By Your Hitman (Bombay Assassins, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stand By Your Hitman (Bombay Assassins, #3)

Stand By Your Hitman (Bombay Assassins #3)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  564 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Missi Bombay invents things - fatal flowers, Jell-O bullets, and other ways to kill a target without leaving any kind of evidence. Unfortunately she can't invent a lovelife. Soon her Mum has packed her off to Costa Rica for a wild reality show where she's paired with Lex. Too bad she also has to scope out a potential victim.
Published September 1st 2008 by Leisure Books (first published August 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Stand By Your Hitman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stand By Your Hitman

Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for; book release Sep08

How can you pass up a book with the title of “Stand By Your Hitman”? This is the first novel I’ve read by Leslie Langtry and it is very funny! The story is definitely a romance…and the heroine is an assassin. Is there a feminine form of assassin? Assassinette? Assassiness? I couldn’t find one in the OED (Oxford English Dictionary), but maybe we can all just vote? Anyway, Langtry manages to play off just about every stereotype there is regarding a
Maybe my least favorite in the series. The plot was a little weak and sketchy at best. But again still laugh out loud funny.
Wendy Hines
This series by Leslie Langtry is a real hoot! STAND BY YOUR HITMAN is the third in the series, and it doesn't disappoint!

Mississippi Bombay, Missi, is the family's inventor; fatal flowers, Jell-O bullets, stroke-inducing panty hose and other ways to kill a target without leaving any kind of evidence. She lives on a secluded island with the rest of the family "council" and raises her two twin boys alone. Her late husband met his maker via a jaywalking accident years ago.

Missi's mother has a new a
Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading)
I am really enjoying this series! The Bombay Assassin books are fun, light-hearted, witty and just all-around good reads. They remind me of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books, without the disappointment of a slow-moving or recycled plot which I've experienced with the latest installments in the Stephanie Plum series.

Langtry's writing style reads like a conversation between two friends. The books are written in a first-person point-of-view, with a lot of internal dialogue from the main charac
Nancy Goldberg
My first Leslie Langtry book was "Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy," and I absolutely loved it. "Stand By Your Hitman" is a winner, too, but I didn't like it quite as well as the first book I read. I never watched "Survivor." I'm a fan of "The Bachelor/Bachelorette." I didn't exactly get the jokes about the show. I also found a few typos, where words were missing and the sentence didn't make any sense.

My likes outweigh my dislikes, though. I loved the chemistry between Missi and Lex--and he has su
Poor Missi. Her twin boys are about to leave home in about a year to go off to college and she is basically a hermit in her on little lab that she makes all these inventions that will never be noticed on the outside because they are only used for good, I mean to kill bad people, by her family. Her family Council tells her she is going to go on a HIT on a copy show of Survivor from Canada called Survival and that she will get more details as needed. She gets little hints and she finds out where t ...more
This book made me laugh so much! The setting was one that I could easily identify with, having seen something like it on television many times.
The main character finds herself as a contestant of a "Survivor" type contest that is truly low budget - with a set placed on the sands beside a Costa Rica resort and using the tennis court for the tribal counsel. She thinks that she is there to assissinate one of the other characters only to find out that ner mother has signed her up to find a mate.
Mary Jo Burke
Love the family business and the ever present mom intervention.
Drew Doll
Cute and funny.

The first few chapters were not as strong as the rest of the book. In fact, I almost put it down because it was trying to hard to be funny. (If I had not been reading it for a challenge I might have.) However, once we got into the actual "Survival" show the book hit its stride and was quite enjoyable.

The scene at the first tribal council was laugh-out-loud funny. There was a mystery, but it was buried in the humor and general craziness of the characters.

Overall an enjoyable, if n
Lori Whitwam
A little disappointing. Missi was one of my favorite supporting characters in the earlier books, and I wanted to see her "happily ever after." The entire book essentially being on the set of a Survivor-like reality show kept the other favorite supporting characters out of it. A couple of the other contestants, like Sami, were fun, but the romance with Lex was so under-developed. Very little build-up, very little reward and a rather haphazard happily-ever-after. Hoping Coney's story (book 4) gets ...more
This was another amazing book by Leslie.
This one was about Missi Bomnbay and she was on a tv show and thought she had to kill someone on the show only to find out it wasn't who she thought.
Will Missi kill the wrong man?
Will Missi find love?

Missi's twins help her in ways you wouldn't even think of.

Can she save her twins?

Read this amazing book and find out for yourself.

5 stars all the way.

Book angels12 bought their own copy to read and review.

Mary Newcomb
Missi Bombay becomes a contestant in a reality show, a surprise to her as her mom and sons entered her without her knowledge. The other catch is that her latest victim is a contestant as well, although there is some confusion about the the accuracy of that. Adventure, romance and some mayhem follow in unique fashion.
Misericordia ❣
The series just keeps getting better and better! This one is Hilarious! Don't read it anywhere where you won't be comfortable laughing out loud!

There’s no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you’ll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
Kitty Felone
So I've had this book for years before I finally sat down and read it. It's 1st person, so it wasn't easy to get into. When I did, I found it was pretty good and funny. Kind of like a Miss Congeniality story. I really enjoyed the humor, the romance, the story itself. It's definitely worth a keep.
Ashley FL
Part of my reading list for upcoming trip to Costa Rica. Not enough Costa Rica. Not enough plausible plot (and I have low standards). Fast, somewhat cute read, but I wouldn't rush out to get it. Probably 2.75 stars, but I wanted to distinguish it from the many GOOD 3 star reads out there.
DEFINITELY my favorite of the series. Missi is probably one of the best characters, and the Survivor-ish game show setting was fun. I laughed out loud a lot reading this one.

It also starts to set the tone for what happens in the next book.
Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated"
I love these books! They're such fun and so funny! I really don't know if I should laugh at people handling killing so casually, but they're wonderful. This one additionally has a great send-up Survivor done very, very, very wrong.
I really liked Missi as a supporting character in the first two books, but this book was just ok. The twins were my favorite part of the book; their love for their mom was sweet and their interactions with each other were charming.
Colleen N
This was a great book in the series! It took a little longer to get into it but once I did I loved it as much as the other two. I didn't think it had as much humor as the first one but still a great read. On to number 4!
Another.good book in the Bombay family series. This time it is Missi who gets a crazy assignment from the Council and ends up in love. I especially like the roles her sons Jack and Monty play in the story.
Very enjoyable, easy read. Stand By Your Hitman is the third Bombay novel I have read. They are all very funny and fairly fast moving. Aside from the few typos and extra words I absolutely love these stories.
More humor in the Bombay Assassins series. This one is funny because Missi is the smartest one in the family yet she struggles (humorously) to deal with people.
not bad but I hate when song lyrics are messed up. it would have taken three seconds to find out Quarterflash, not Pat benatar sings Harden My Heart.
Completely lame concept but a fun read. Had it been anyone but Missi, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much but she is my favorite Bombay.
Betty Largan-Evans
Missi is hilarious! I love the female Bombay characters. Smart, strong, independent but yet PTA/girl scout mom!
every mother must read!
This may be the funniest book I've ever read. Certainly in the top five. I would love to know Missi in real life.
Toni ~married to a hunk~
Another great book about the Bombay family. I always wondered about Missi and her dead husband and now I know.
Hilarious! I really enjoyed it. I am almost done with the series, I wish there were more.
This was another funny addition to the Bombay Family series. This might have been my favorite.
This book was hilarious. Don't read anywhere you'd be embarassed to laugh out loud.
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Mother, Please!
  • The Power of the Legendary Greek
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • To Catch a Thief (The Calamity Janes, #3)
  • Good Girls Don't
  • The Secret Spanish Love Child (Modern Romance)
  • Love at First Sight
  • Whitehorse
  • The Bride's Awakening (Modern Romance)
  • Here Comes Trouble
  • Lake Magic
  • Your Sad Eyes and Unforgettable Mouth
  • Public Marriage, Private Secrets
  • Gator Bait (Miss Fortune Mystery, #5)
  • Hot Scheming Mess (Madison Cruz, #1)
  • Afternoon Delight
Leslie Langtry is, in fact, a mom and a Girl Scout leader, but she has never assassinated anyone, either professionally or for recreation. Okay, she knits, but she almost never garrotes anyone with the circular needles.

Instead, she lives with her husband, Tom, and two children, Margaret and Jack, in the Quad Cities - with no immediate plans to train either child as an assassin. She wants to make t
More about Leslie Langtry...

Bombay Assassins (8 books)
  • 'Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy (Bombay Assassins, #1)
  • Guns Will Keep Us Together (Bombay Assassins, # 2)
  • I Shot You Babe (Bombay Assassins, #4)
  • Paradise by the Rifle Sights (Bombay Assassins #5)
  • Snuff the Magic Dragon (Bombay Assassins #6)
  • My Heroes Have Always Been Hitmen (Bombay Assassins #7)
  • Four Killing Birds: 12 Days of Christmas series (A Short Story)