Start by marking “Believe in What You're Doing; Believe in Who You Are” as Want to Read:
Believe in What You're Doing; Believe in Who You Are

Believe in What You're Doing; Believe in Who You Are

We all know our own strengths and weaknesses -- at least to some extent. Often we notice a real strength in another person and wish we were more that way. Do you want to be more organized? Do you want to be a person who loves and accepts everyone? Do you want to have a home in which all who come there know they are welcome? In this newest book in the Time Out Classics seri ...more
Published July 28th 2008 by Deseret Book

Be the first to ask a question about Believe in What You're Doing; Believe in Who You Are

Tony Bradshaw
Mar 28, 2011 Tony Bradshaw rated it liked it
If you like her as a singer, you'll enjoy reading her thoughts in this 59 small paged book. She mentions a couple of stories in connections with songs she has written. I found the book is small enough to digest in one sitting, yet the thoughts could change you for a life time.
She said her last book was written in 2nd grade, and this one is probably 50 pages longer. I guess if she continues she'll eventually have a novel.
why did I read it. My mom-in-law sent the book to my wife with some cinnam
Teea
Nov 14, 2008 Teea rated it it was amazing
I'm not going to lie, I've had one of those days where I want to curl and pretend I'm not a wife or mother. One of those days where everything I do and say is wrong. And I think honestly, can I be more of a screw-up? So, this book has been sitting on my desk to read for the last week and I've barely glanced at it until today. I just thumbed through it for a second waiting for my husband to decide where he wants to go for lunch (because his ridiculously unorganized wife hasn't been grocery shoppi ...more
Becky
Jul 20, 2008 Becky rated it liked it
Shelves: inspirational
A tiny gem of a book. I love all of Hilary Weeks music. She has such a musical gift. The words to her music is especially beautiful. This little book has some profound little thoughts. Here are a few of my favorites:
"Scripture study is like cinnamon. It doesn't take very much cinnamon to flavor a whole recipe and make it taste good. It takes just a little scripture study to make our whole day good. Heavenly Father knows we don't have hours to spend studying each day. He will magnify the effort w
Myra Marangi
May 15, 2011 Myra Marangi rated it it was amazing
Hilary is by far my favorite LDS music artist. Her gift of song is more remarkable than words can describe! I can always feel the Spirit with each of her songs and I relate to every story she expresses with her talent as a performer at Time Out. I never cry harder when I see and hear sing, "If I Only Had Today" on stage. She has the voice of an angel! This book was a very short and sweet perspective (but VERY EFFECTIVE) of believing in yourself as you are, right now. It made me laugh, cry and it ...more
Jodi
Jun 26, 2008 Jodi rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
I ordered this book from Amazon and was surprised to open the package and see how incredibly small this book is! You could easily read it in a half-hour. I read just one or two short chapters a night to have an inspiring thought before going to bed. I've loved Hilary Weeks ever since she did a TOFW in San Antonio several years ago. That was the first time I heard any of her music, which I loved. I enjoyed this book, and how it inspires you to be a better person and focus on keeping your prioriti ...more
Alisa
May 14, 2012 Alisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a quick read with lots of great nuggets in it! I've never heard Hilary Weeks speak -- and I hate to confess this, but I've never really listened to her music either except for one YouTube video that went viral.

And, yet... after reading this book I would love to have a lunch with Hilary and compare stories and life lessons learned. I feel like she is someone I would love to talk to for hours and hours! I want to write a book like this to record so many of the lessons I've learned for post
Marlene
Jul 10, 2009 Marlene rated it really liked it
I normally finish a book before I start a new one, but I happened to order this one and it came on a day that I must have needed it! Instead of saving it until I was done with the current read, I picked it up and started flipping through it while my baby was napping. Before I knew it I was half-way finished :) It was a quick read - only took me about 45 minutes, but gave me a few insights about things I had recently been pondering and stewing over. Worth the time, definitely!
Julie
Aug 12, 2008 Julie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: LDS women
Okay, so this book is not terribly difficult to read. In fact, I read the entire thing in about half an hour. But it did have a lot of good insights and a lot of good reminders about who we are and what we should be focused on. Basically it's a good book for women who feel overwhelmed by the demands of motherhood and everything else that stresses us out. If you want an easy, quick, uplifting read this book will do it for you.
Erin
Mar 07, 2015 Erin rated it liked it
Cute, little, short book. This is a great Sunday afternoon book. I fell in love with this song the very first time I heard it. It captures exactly how I felt most of my children's early years. This book will give you inspiration to keep going and look for the best in every situation. "Silver Lining" in a gray cloud.
Summers
Sep 26, 2008 Summers rated it it was amazing
A very quick read, but full of great thoughts and advice and sweet examples. I had to be careful to read it for the suggestions for strengthening my relationship with the Lord rather than to compare my life with hers. Her thought at the end of each section is very insightful and well said. Thank you, Mary!
Marcy
Nov 07, 2008 Marcy rated it really liked it
I totally enjoyed this book. It's WAY short- 59 pages, so a 1 night read. But it's good. I have really grown to love Hilary Weeks & her music, so this was just another enjoyable moment to read her book. I loved her story when she was with her dad & watching some kids in Cook Inlet. Just an uplifting, upbeat book. Highly recommend!
Lacey
Sep 14, 2008 Lacey rated it it was amazing
I read this book in probably 30 minutes. I don't give 5 stars out often but this was such an uplifting book. Even though it was short it was just one of those books that after you read it you thought "I really do feel better about myself." The best part was it was a short and easy read. Hilary Weeks touches people through music and books now as well. :)
Kristen
Oct 06, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it
This is a great book for a Sunday afternoon of quiet reflection. It just makes you feel good. It's an easy hour or so read. My favorite chapter was "Faultless". I could relate so much to having the wrong reactions to things. My favorite line of the book is, "Believe that the Savior will make up the difference - and you will be enough."
Amy
Nov 13, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I picked this up at the library today, sat right down and read it in the kids section of the library while Ashlyn looked for books. People must of thought it strange to see a mom crying while reading a book in the library. It was so uplifting, and powerful. You will want to read it over again!
Cami
Sep 01, 2008 Cami rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: my fellow faithful mothers
The author says we all need reminders of what is important. What is important is that we all remember that we are daughters of a Heavenly Father and he is there to take of us.
Beautiful, short and sweet, I really appreciated each message here.
I would not only recommend this, but would potentially purchase to give out as gifts, it's that nice.
Apzmarshl
Nov 25, 2010 Apzmarshl rated it it was amazing
Sweet, uplifting book when you really need an upper. Short chapters you can read one at a time or an easy read all at once. I seriously cracked it open and read the whole thing standing next to my bed. A big plus is that Hilary is funny!
Stacey
Nov 13, 2008 Stacey rated it it was amazing
a quick 20-30 minute read. A good reminder that God knows your name and loves you. A reminder that we are good women and we need to give ourselves more credit for trying our best and then let the Savior make up for the rest! Thanks, Amy for dropping it by.
Loni
Nov 13, 2008 Loni rated it really liked it
I love listening to Hilary Weeks, at the Time out for Women conferences that I have attended. This is a compilation of some of her best stories, and her thoughts mostly on motherhood. A easy to read book of short stories to remind you what is important in life.
Sherilyn
Aug 28, 2008 Sherilyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religous
This is a short book but one that reminds us of waht we should beleive in and to bring the spirit of Christ into our lives. It was such an easy book to read that I will read it often for a quick uplifting message of the gospel.
Hillary
Oct 08, 2008 Hillary rated it really liked it
This was a FAST read- very small book. I was pleasantly surprised by the content. I got a REALLY good insight that I had never thought of with one of the chapters about loving others that I hope to never forget...
Janese
Sep 04, 2008 Janese rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this book so far. One of the quotes she has in there that I really like is " Don't worry about what others think of you. Worry about what they think of themselves when they are with you."
Dorry Lou
Apr 19, 2016 Dorry Lou rated it liked it
This book was a lot of experiences that Hilary Weeks had gone through. She used them to send the message to each of us that "God loves us" and to help each of us see that we need to believe that we can be and can accomplish all we were sent here to do.
Rachael
I was given this book as a gift. I'd no idea what a gift it would actually be. These short pieces on faith, family, repentance, love and scripture study helped me during a trying time. Highly recommended.
Danni
Oct 25, 2013 Danni rated it it was amazing
I was looking for a song by hilary Weeks and found this little book. It sure gave me a boost. I felt so inspired while reading it. It also had the words to the song that I was looking for inside the book.
Bonnie
Sep 19, 2010 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
A little book with big inspiration. Such small, simple statements but such important reminders. One of my favorite and much needed reminders right now, "Don't worry about what others think of you. Worry about what they think of themselves when they are with you."
Connie
Nov 05, 2012 Connie rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was short but had some very profound things in it's pages. Sometimes these kind of books end up making me feel really awful but thiswasn't like thse ones. It was great. I would love to have my own copy.
Brittany
Nov 20, 2008 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Great book!! I thought it was very uplifting and just like her music it inspired me and made me feel good about who I am and what I'm doing. This book is one you can read multiple times, it's fast and has great reminders!
LaRae
Jan 06, 2009 LaRae rated it really liked it
Quick Read! Liked the way I could read a few pages and feel the eternal importance of being a mother! I like her songs and she was very good in concert when she would talk and tell stories in between songs!
Kathy
Sep 05, 2008 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
I love Hilary Weeks. She's one of my favorite LDS entertainers. I enjoyed reading this book but it is too short! It's one of those gift type books, based on a talk type books. I wish she had written more.
Melanie
Jun 24, 2013 Melanie rated it really liked it
Tiny little book full of big insights on loving yourself and pursuing what matters most.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Daughters of God
  • Live, Love, and Learn: Devotional Messages for Women
  • When Your Prayers Seem Unanswered
  • Take Two Chocolates and Call Me in the Morning: 12 Semi-Practical Solutions for the Really Busy Woman
  • Mary, Martha, And Me:  Seeking the One Thing That Is Needful
  • Christmas with the Prophets
  • Inspiring Experiences That Build Faith: From the Life and Ministry of Thomas S. Monson
  • Focused: Staying on Track, One Choice at a Time
  • The Remarkable Soul of a Woman
  • An Elect Lady: The Illustrated Life Story Of Emma Smith
  • The Enoch Letters
  • Rock-Solid Relationships: Strengthening Personal Relationships with Wisdom from the Scriptures
  • Keeping It Together in a Pull-Apart World
  • Simplify: A Guide To Caring For The Soul
  • House of Learning: Getting More from Your Temple Experience
  • What Would a Holy Woman Do?
  • Mothering with Spiritual Power: Book of Mormon Inspirations for Raising a Righteous Family
  • Becoming His: A Daily Journey Toward Discipleship