Start by marking “All that Glitters” as Want to Read:
All that Glitters

All that Glitters

Running from a nightmare falling into the arms of a monster

Kynan Pritchard has come to Paris to start a new life, one free from the gruesome nightmares and the accusations of insanity that have plagued him from childhood. He s used to a hard-luck existence, but when a stranger comes to his aid, he thinks maybe that luck is changing. Aneirin is strong and brave, everything
Published April 22nd 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about All that Glitters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All that Glitters

Nichole (Dirrty H)
Jan 19, 2010 Nichole (Dirrty H) rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Fans of M/M Historical Paranormals
Shelves: vampires, m-m, 2010, historical
This book gets 5 stars for cover art, and 2.5 stars for story.

I don't think I realized this before I read it, but this is a historical. I tend not to like historicals, and for some reason (not the fault of the author, but my own brain) I couldn't get past the idea that these men were perpetually in need of a bath and it was distracting.
It is also a vampire book, which I tend to love in mainstream fiction but has been a hit or miss subgenre in m/m for me (mostly miss.)

I understand what the author
Paul Jr.
Jul 05, 2009 Paul Jr. rated it it was ok
Coming primarily from a horror background, I can tell you one thing: vampires are a hard sell to any market. The thinking behind that is that the subject has been done to death, pardon the expression, and unless there is some new take, publishers are pre-disposed not to like it before they’ve even read word one. I, on the other hand, have never really subscribed to that concept. I’ve seen authors take really interesting spins and breathe new life into an old, old literary staple, and so I tend t ...more
Jami Leigh
Jul 11, 2009 Jami Leigh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
I read a LOT of urban fantasy/romance, and vampires, like them or hate them, are pretty much a staple, along with werewolves, but strawberry's a common flavor too, doesn't mean I don't like eating a strawberry dipped in chocolate, like this book. I've followed Ms. Kerry's work for a while now, and every time I see something new from her, I eagerly grab it. Fact is, I have a hard time putting them down, to the point where I've missed many a bedtime telling myself "Just one more chapter". This was ...more
Eli Lang
So, this author... I just want to devour all of her books. What incredible, gorgeous writing. It hooks you and doesn't let go. I didn't love this one quite as much as Blood and Roses- the ending was a little ehhh for me- but it's still some of the most gorgeous writing, intricate story telling, lovely character development, all in the space of a novella. So lovely.
Kitty
Jul 26, 2011 Kitty rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt, vampires
I'm going to try my hardest to restrain myself from talking about the absolutely gorgeous cover on this. I could look at Mr Hunky foreground all day.

That being said this caught me off guard in a good way, and I wouldn't be completely against picking up a different book by this author, despite the fact that it had some nasty surprises waiting for me. Not the least of which were

1) This thing is short. And when I say short, do I mean SHORT. I got this for my kindle, but even doing some adjustment
Merith
Mar 09, 2011 Merith rated it it was amazing
This lyrical tale weaves a different kind of vampire telling with a slow building romance. The horror is real and Kynan lives it nightly in his dreams. He finds welcoming respite in Aneirin's arms and together they comfort and soothe pains of the past. Though both have come from different lands, their experiences are similar - both have lived through a tragic horror that still scars and haunts.

Kynan says from the start that twice Aneirin saved him before Aneirin killed him. From a seedy pub to a
Nemanja
Apr 16, 2012 Nemanja rated it it was ok
It's more 2.5 stars, but there is no such option ;-)

I had some time drinking my afternoon coffee, so I've grabbed this one and read it, cover-to-cover. Wouldn't call it a novel though, more a short story. Never the less, I liked the story enough. I'm (almost) always eager to read a good fantasy book, but this one was more an idea or a skeleton of a novel, then an actual novel. Would love to read the "full" version of this book ;-)

I didn't like the peeping hole perspective of the narrator, nor th
Cat
Apr 17, 2011 Cat rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, vampires, mm, novel
I think this would've rated much higher if it wasn't so short. Its really a short story, not a novel, so it suffers from some typical short story issues; not as well developed story, not enough background, little character development, rushed plot, etc. In the end, it's a pleasant, short read but only as long as you know what you're in for.

The overall story is pretty interesting and solid and the two main characters are pretty well thought out and fun to read about. It makes me wish that it was
Ruth
Apr 09, 2013 Ruth rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, vampires
An enjoyable read, marred by the fact that I read Kerry's "In the Shadow of the Sun" right before this one. They are essentially the same story with a different setting and POV.

If you haven't read In the Shadow of the Sun, then this won't seem as unoriginal. I do wish we'd gotten a bit more about the characters, but as a short erotic romance, it kind of works. I also caught a few typos/editing errors, but not enough to distract me from the story.
Lexi Ander
Sep 11, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it really liked it
I had to give this a four. The writing was well done for first person. I felt it was slightly rushed there at the end but it a short but still very vivid.
Manlove
Manlove rated it did not like it
Nov 09, 2010
Heather S
Heather S rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2012
Corinne
Corinne rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2014
jules0623
jules0623 rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2012
Bluesimplicity
Bluesimplicity rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2011
Lyrabela
Lyrabela rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Dancce
Dancce rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Johanna
Johanna rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2010
Ria
Ria rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2011
Annalene
Annalene rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2011
Sans
Sans rated it liked it
May 03, 2011
Tru
Tru rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2013
Betryal
Betryal rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2009
BookGeek
BookGeek rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2012