Crime Scene: The Ultimate Guide to Forensic Science

Crime Scene: The Ultimate Guide to Forensic Science

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Revealing the very latest high-tech techniques of forensic detection, Crime Scene: The Ultimate Guide to Forensic Science is a truly absorbing book that uses case studies and amazing digital imagery to show how science helps uncover the truth about how crimes were committed and who carried them out.

Published May 1st 2006 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published May 19th 2003)

Kristine
When I actually watch tv, I like shows like Forensic Files, NCIS, CSI, and various other crime shows. I have a strange interest in how crimes are solved using the different kinds of forensic science. And, of course, when writing a novel where forensic science comes in, I like to make things accurate and possible. To me that makes the novel all the better. If just interested in forensic science or writing a story / novel that forensic science is involved in, than this is one of the ultimate books...more
Tasha
i read a few other reviews, not sure i agree with all the details... this didn't seem to give a ton of info. to me. Lots of pictures w/info. thrown in. It's a quick read and maybe a basic foundation but I would look into some other resources if you are trying to use this for writing.
Jennifer Patrick
Loads of gruesome photos! I particularly enjoyed the insect presence timeline relatin to human body decomposition. My husband was thouroughly disgusted because I was reading this while I ate lunch. An excellent writing reference for capturing details.
Gwen
I absolutely loved this book, it's very informative and orderly, but also easy-to-read.
Larissa
illustrated and basic information
Nine
Nine added it
Jul 25, 2014
Shirley Eiswerth
Shirley Eiswerth marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Sapito
Sapito marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Irene
Irene added it
Jun 17, 2014
Staci Rudd
Staci Rudd marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Jinel Yap
Jinel Yap marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Mianna
Mianna marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jun 11, 2014
Francois Vd Merwe
Francois Vd Merwe marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Esam
Esam marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Teesa
Teesa marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Amairani Martinez
Amairani Martinez marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Clover Donovan
Clover Donovan marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
(1953–)

Richard Platt is the author of more than sixty informative books for young readers, and he also writes for innovative multimedia projects. Some of his most popular works have been collaborations with illustrator Stephen Biesty on the "Cross-Sections" series. After a failed attempt to forge a career as a photographer, Platt discovered that he had a knack for writing. "I started writing abou...more
More about Richard Platt...
Castle Diary: The Journal of Tobias Burgess As One Devil to Another Pirate Pirate Diary: The Journal of Jake Carpenter Roman Diary: The Journal of Iliona of Mytilini: Captured and Sold as a Slave in Rome - AD 107