Start by marking “Crime Scene: The Ultimate Guide to Forensic Science” as Want to Read:
Crime Scene: The Ultimate Guide to Forensic Science

Crime Scene: The Ultimate Guide to Forensic Science

Revealing the very latest high-tech techniques of forensic detection, Crime Scene: The Ultimate Guide to Forensic Science is a truly absorbing book that uses case studies and amazing digital imagery to show how science helps uncover the truth about how crimes were committed and who carried them out.

Published May 1st 2006 by DK Children (first published May 19th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Crime Scene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crime Scene

Silas R
May 05, 2016 Silas R rated it it was amazing
One word that I can use to describe Crime Scene by Richard Platt is engrossing. This word represents the book because there are a lot of intriguing facts and information . about forensic investigation. It is considered a mystery nonfiction book. I felt compelled to read about it.
I chose this book because it was very intriguing and I thought that it was a classic. Two of the things I learned included how polygraph tests work and some really interesting facts about The Adolf Hitler diaries.
This
Kristine
Sep 20, 2010 Kristine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I actually watch tv, I like shows like Forensic Files, NCIS, CSI, and various other crime shows. I have a strange interest in how crimes are solved using the different kinds of forensic science. And, of course, when writing a novel where forensic science comes in, I like to make things accurate and possible. To me that makes the novel all the better. If just interested in forensic science or writing a story / novel that forensic science is involved in, than this is one of the ultimate books ...more
Tasha
Mar 19, 2011 Tasha rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-have-a-dream
i read a few other reviews, not sure i agree with all the details... this didn't seem to give a ton of info. to me. Lots of pictures w/info. thrown in. It's a quick read and maybe a basic foundation but I would look into some other resources if you are trying to use this for writing.
Jennifer Daniel
Loads of gruesome photos! I particularly enjoyed the insect presence timeline relatin to human body decomposition. My husband was thouroughly disgusted because I was reading this while I ate lunch. An excellent writing reference for capturing details.
Mark Loughe
Nov 11, 2015 Mark Loughe rated it really liked it
a realy goood beginers book on forensics
Larissa
Jun 06, 2009 Larissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
illustrated and basic information
Gilbert
Gilbert rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2008
Maureen
Maureen rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2012
Hannah Williams
Hannah Williams rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Grace Martin
Grace Martin rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Kia
Kia rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Abby Simpson
Abby Simpson rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Lia
Lia rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2017
Eastwood
Eastwood rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Taylor
Taylor rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Keeley
Keeley rated it liked it
May 18, 2015
mybluerose
mybluerose rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2015
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2009
Taylor
Taylor rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2011
Lukas Dusek
Lukas Dusek rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Raquel Discavage Russell
Raquel Discavage Russell rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2017
Kaylee
Kaylee rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2009
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
May 08, 2017
Middlethought
Middlethought rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2017
IvannaManson
IvannaManson rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Jan 29, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Maggots, Murder, and Men: Memories and Reflections of a Forensic Entomologist
  • The Forensic Casebook: The Science of Crime Scene Investigation
  • Fingerprints: The Origins of Crime Detection and the Murder Case that Launched Forensic Science
  • Cracking Cases: The Science of Solving Crimes
  • The Father of Forensics: The Groundbreaking Cases of Sir Bernard Spilsbury, and the Beginnings of Modern CSI
  • Cause of Death: Forensic Files of a Medical Examiner
  • Hidden Evidence: Forty True Crimes and How Forensic Science Helped Solve Them
  • What the Corpse Revealed
  • Behind the Yellow Tape: On the Road with Some of America's Hardest Working Crime Scene Investigators
  • Written in Blood: A History of Forensic Detection
  • No Stone Unturned: The True Story of the World's Premier Forensic Investigators
  • Dissecting Death: Secrets of a Medical Examiner
  • Dead Center: Behind the Scenes at the World's Largest Medical Examiner's Office
  • Forensic Entomology: An Introduction
  • Death to Dust: What Happens to Dead Bodies
  • Never Suck A Dead Man's Hand: And Other Life (and Death) Lessons from the Front Lines of Forensics
  • Forensics for Dummies
  • Blood Secrets: A Forensic Expert Reveals How Blood Spatter Tells the Crime Scene's Story
(1953–)

Richard Platt is the author of more than sixty informative books for young readers, and he also writes for innovative multimedia projects. Some of his most popular works have been collaborations with illustrator Stephen Biesty on the "Cross-Sections" series. After a failed attempt to forge a career as a photographer, Platt discovered that he had a knack for writing. "I started writing abou
More about Richard Platt...