Start by marking “Night's Pleasure (Children of The Night, #4)” as Want to Read:
Night's Pleasure (Children of The Night, #4)

Night's Pleasure (Children of The Night #4)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  1,083 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Desire Casts a Dark Spell...

Savanah Gentry’s life was so much simpler when she was a reporter for the local newspaper. That was before her father’s sudden death drew her into a mysterious new world she was just beginning to understand. A Vampire hunter by birth, Savanah has been entrusted with a legacy that puts everyone she cares for in danger—including the seductive, sen
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 27th 2009 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Night's Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night's Pleasure

Karla
Mar 12, 2016 Karla rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book!! Steady pace, strong female, sex scenes but not detailed real smut!
Marie-Josee Larouche
Aug 01, 2014 Marie-Josee Larouche rated it it was amazing
It's been eighteen years since the war with the Werewolves and the Vampires have ended. Apparently, the world has been plunged back into ignorance about the existence of the supernatural. Excerpt: "The war between the Vampires and the Werewolves had ended eighteen years ago. Mortals being what they were, they had quickly brushed aside what they couldn't explain once the conflict was over." Once thing is for sure, if that actually happened in reality, no one would be forgetting about the supernat ...more
Megan
Feb 09, 2009 Megan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Vampire Romance Fans and Amanda Ashley Fans
Shelves: vampire-romance
This is such a great book. I have enjoyed all of the Night’s series, but in my opinion, I think this is the best one yet. This is the fourth book in the Night’s series. The first one is “Night’s Kiss,” followed by “Night’s Touch,” and “Night’s Master.” This series follows the Cordova family. The next one in the series does not have a publication date yet, but it will be about Mara, the oldest living vampire, who had made appearances in all of the books (I’m not quite remembering if she was in ...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
Mar 17, 2011 Bronwyn Rykiert rated it it was amazing
This is part of a series that starts with “Night’s Kiss" and is followed on by "Night’s Touch", "Night’s Master" and "Night’s Pleasure".

Rane Cordova is a vampire and he works as a magician who Savanah Gentry has been to watch on many occasions, the first when she was 9 years old. Now she is 25 and is watching him again, she finds him fascinating and as a reporter she is trying to get an interview with him. He decides to meet with her but will not consent to an interview.

Rane is not happy being a
Michelle
May 01, 2009 Michelle rated it liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal romance & vampire fans
I think my biggest problem with this book was not so much the author or the characters, because I've read Ashley's stuff before. However I think it was a combo of me finding a few series I like that are darker and more realistic than this series and then trying to come back to this book. It really made the whole plot and characters seem very plastic.

Savanah as a character had so much potential to really create conflict in her relationship with Rane, but like a lot of romance novels, the heroine
Mary Lou Hoffman
Mar 14, 2014 Mary Lou Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Series: Children of the Night, #4
Category /Genre: Paranormal Romance
Received from: my dad
Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content and violence
Grammar/editing: A – near perfect

This is the fourth book in the Children of the Night series.

Until I did my research for this review, I did not know this was part of a series. There were a few times, in reading, that I had the passing thought that it would be nice to know more about the other characters, but the loss of that other story did not prevent
valee
Dec 21, 2010 valee rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

I liked this one. Definitely much better than book 3. Still, while I enjoyed the first 2 books because they were the typical paranormal romance read, it got pretty much predictable after them. I didn't care much for the last 2 books, in some way things were different afterwards and not in a good way.

This was a nice series, but that's about it. I'm definitely never gonna read it again. I never got to care for the characters and the plot wasn't good enough. With the first 2 books I guess
Margaret Ushman
Apr 13, 2012 Margaret Ushman rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
I just really think the book could have been a lot better. I feel like the way each character acts and the plot sequence is similar with the last two books in the series, even though each book is about a different person. The only person I found less predictable was Mara, and I was able to assume most of her actions. I prefer my books to be unpredictable, not extreamly predictable, since it just gets boring and not entertaining.
Missyb
Apr 11, 2011 Missyb rated it it was amazing
Rane is a great character. He's good and bad all rolled in one. The push and pull chemistry between Rane & Savannah was great. Good ending, leads you into the next book. Cannot wait to see what happens with Mara & kyle. Really liked the family gathering that happened towards the end of the book. The action scenes were a little short, but they were good.
Kara Callahan
May 20, 2015 Kara Callahan rated it liked it
I liked it, but it was much like all other Amanda Ashley books. Once again, the heroine was a virgin. Are ANY of her heroines EVER NOT VIRGINS? EVER? Sex scenes a little earlier and more frequent in this book. Heroine was a little more daring than usual. Pretty close to the same storyline every time. I do like the "Mara" mentions. Now SHE seems interesting!
Jan 22, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Newspaper reporter Savanah Gentry had no idea that her parents were vampire hunters until reading a letter from her father after his sudden death. Her mother had died when Savanah was a young girl. Savanah is now set on revenge, ready to carry on the family tradition, not knowing that Rane Cordova, the man she has recently fallen in love with, is indeed a vampire himself.
Barbara ★
Mar 20, 2009 Barbara ★ rated it really liked it
Vampire hunter, Savannah Gentry, falls in love with a shape-shifter magician who she later finds out is a vampire. Savannah is coming to terms with this when her father is killed by a vampire/werewolf team. Chaos ensues and the chase is on to find and terminate a killer.

I really liked Rane and Savannah. What a great love story. I guess love really does conquer all.
Maria

Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Beth
Aug 26, 2013 Beth rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-paperback
This was ok. A couple of times it got to be slow. It was like come on with it. Savanah wasn't turned at the end so that was interesting and they had a baby girl named Abbey Marie by Mara. So we will see.
Cathy Moholland
Nov 14, 2009 Cathy Moholland rated it it was amazing
very good book to read i am reading now very interesting book my mother in law we are both in to vampire books , any authors that to do with vampires :) hope you enjoy any books by this author huggs Cathy -Katgrl5672
Paige
Sep 26, 2013 Paige rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own, 2013-books
Another typical Amanda Ashley vampire romance. I enjoyed Rane finding peace with himself and returning home.
Michelle B
Aug 26, 2011 Michelle B rated it really liked it
even though this is the 4th book in the series this is the first book of this series that i have read and i loved it! will be reading more of amanda ashley's books for sure!
Ronda  Tutt
Jul 25, 2009 Ronda Tutt rated it really liked it
I love this family's story, I can't wait to read about Mara the queen vampire, I wonder if she will ever find true love?

Once again another great book and highly recommend this series.
Kimberly
Feb 27, 2009 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
Kind of disappointed this one wasn't as good as the other in the series - but still liked it though.
Carrie
May 12, 2013 Carrie rated it it was amazing
this was different than i'd expected. and I didn't mean to read the 4th book first! really enjoyed the story, & will have to re-read it in order once I get the others in the series! :)
Beth
May 11, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing
Captivated till the end, Amanda Ashley is keeps you on the edge of your seating waiting to see how it will end. Can't wait to read Mara's story.
Emily
Sep 05, 2011 Emily rated it liked it
Like the last book - was not a big fan of Savanah, the love interest. It also seemed like the relationship was extremely disjointed and unbelievable in this book.
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2012
Emily Moores
Emily Moores rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • One Bite Stand (Mackenzie Vampires #4)
  • Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)
  • Primal Desires (Primes, #6)
  • Kiss Me Forever (Forever Vampires #1)
  • The Renegade Hunter (Argeneau #12; Rogue Hunter #3)
  • The Calling (Immortals, #1)
  • Seduced by Darkness (Dark Realm, #2)
  • The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2)
  • Stealing Kathryn (Gatherers, #2)
  • Selene
  • Night Lost (Darkyn #4)
  • Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)

Children of The Night (7 books)
  • Night's Kiss (Children of The Night, #1)
  • Night's Touch (Children of The Night, #2)
  • Night's Master (Children of The Night, #3)
  • Night's Mistress (Children of The Night, #5)
  • Night's Promise (Children of the Night, #6)
  • Night's Surrender (Children of the Night, #7)