The Last Wizard (Wizard of the Grove, #2)

The Last Wizard (Wizard of the Grove #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  432 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Crystal was given to the world of Ardhan by the Elders to save it from an evil wizard. But after destroying her enemy, Crystal's purpose for existing ended--until she saved a single human life and found a new cause for her growing powers. The enthralling sequel to Child of the Grove.
Published March 7th 1989 by DAW

Robert Runte
review from 1990:

This is the second in Huff's Crystal Wizard duology. Unlike most sequels, this is an even better book than the original. You'll probably enjoy The Last Wizard more by reading Child of the Grove first, but this is a definite "must read."

The Last Wizard interweaves three brilliant plot elements, only one of which is safe to give away here:

Crystal had been created for one purpose and one purpose only, and no one gave a thought to how she'd feel when that was finished, knowing the w...more
Barbara
Mar 11, 2014 Barbara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: sf
This one is better than the first in this series. I love the idea of this. The main character was created to fulfill a prophecy, which she did in the first book. This one covers what on earth she does next. Something I've not seen before and the idea was explored well.

I also really enjoyed seeing Lord Death in the throes of his first love affair. He behaved like a love-struck teenager. Most amusing.
Elizabeth
This was a really good book though like the first one it led up to this big moment and then....it was done and you were left going....what just happened here.......Overall all a good read and I would reccommend it if your looking for some light reading.
Briana
The heroine is great. I love the love story and how it is really inclusive of multiple kinds of love. Also adventure, mgaical stuff, castles, love! Good, quick, easy fun read that's well written!
Stephanie
Great story, great characters, good action, a satisfactory resolution ... one of my favourites. (Though I do always want more of Raulin and Jago after the story ends...)
Audra
Read this book years ago, loved it then, loved it as much when I reread it.
Jeffrey
I liked this volume of the duology much better than the first book.
S.A.
Tension, anguish and terror. The ending made me cry.
Helen
superb, but she seems to have shot down sequels - phooey!
TJ
Eehh. Not really worth it
Sarahmay
Sarahmay marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Epilogue1212 marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Laura added it
May 05, 2014
  • Red Death (Jonathan Barrett, Gentleman Vampire, #1)
  • Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #4)
  • Fortress of Eagles (Fortress, #2)
  • A Bad Spell in Yurt (Daimbert #1)
  • Alamut (Alamut, #1)
  • Winner Takes All (Hawk & Fisher, #2)
  • Children of the Blood (The Sundered, #2)
  • Cyrion
  • The Novels of Tiger and Del, Volume II
  • The Windsingers (Windsingers, #2)
  • The Painter Knight (Branion, #2)
  • Riders of the Winds (Changewinds, #2)
  • The Dark Hand of Magic (Sun Wolf and Starhawk, #3)
  • Dramacon Ultimate Edition
  • The Sorceress and the Cygnet (Cygnet Duology, #1)
  • Moonwise
  • Queen of Demons (Lord of the Isles, #2)
  • A Coalition of Lions (The Lion Hunters, #2)
1967
"Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia: Although I haven't actually lived "down east" since just before my fourth birthday, I still consider myself a Maritimer. I think it's something to do with being born in sight of the ocean. Or possibly with the fact that almost no one admits to being from Ontario…

Raised, for the most part, in Kingston, Ontario. It was the late sixties, early to mid seventies. Enough s...more
More about Tanya Huff...
Blood Price (Vicki Nelson, #1) Blood Trail (Vicki Nelson, #2) Blood Lines (Vicki Nelson, #3) Valor's Choice (Confederation #1) Summon the Keeper (Keeper Chronicles #1)