Start by marking “The Quarters Novels: Volume II (Omnibus: No Quarter / The Quartered Sea)” as Want to Read:
The Quarters Novels: Volume II (Omnibus: No Quarter / The Quartered Sea)

The Quarters Novels: Volume II (Quarters #3-4)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The third and fourth novels in TANYA HUFF'S hugely popular Quarters series-now IN a single volume!

The next two novels from the highly popular Quarters fantasy series, No Quarter and The Quartered Sea, are now in one fantastic omnibus edition. From the twin assassins, Bannon and Vree, to the bard sent on a seemingly impossible mission, these magical characters take readers...more
Published November 6th 2007 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about The Quarters Novels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quarters Novels

Thelma
Not as good as the first novel. The third book was a continuation of the second, which I really disliked. The last novel was better than two and three, but still not a winner.
Cupof Tea
There is something so right to me about the bard's powers and oaths, that Songs and music has an effect in the world, that the kigh (spirits or souls of the elements) listen and follow and sometimes are mischievous. If I lived in this world I would hope I was a Bard.

I also love the way Tanya Huff creates her characters, and has them all fall in love. It feels so natural every time, even though the normal societal hetero viewpoint doesn't exist and everyone is free to fall for anyone else (which...more
I really like Huff's fantasy world, and having finally read the last two novels after reading the first two for the first time over a decade ago, there was a definite sense of satisfaction seeing many characters' various roles in their life. I -like- these characters, and I like the challenge to the gender stereotypes you see in so much fantasy fiction. If I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for magical singing, I can definitely believe women can be guards and soldiers and assassins and stonemas...more
Janine
Aug 15, 2008 Janine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
In the third book, you continue to follow Vree and Bannon on their perilous journey to regain his body.

In the fourth book, there is a twisted soul who is raising the dead, and he kidnaps the prince of the Empire, who looks like his old love. Vree and Bannon are sucked into this problem while still searching for a solution to their own.
Heide
These books are somewhat disapointing. I like the world and in the second one the story but not so much the characters. Most other things I've read by her I love but these, meh. I wanted to finish them, but they're populated by people, of whom I'm not overly fond. I do have to say I really love that everyone in the book is causally bisexual.
zjakkelien
I finally finished book 4 of the quarter novels, The quartered sea (this book consists of part 3 and 4), and I should have done that some time ago! It was again an excellent book, excellent world, good characters and lovely kigh! I can definitely recommend these books to anyone who is faintly interested in fantasy.
Stephanie
I absolutely loved these books. It wasn't about showy fantasy, the end was sort of anticlimactic, but it was more true to human character that way. I loved it, loved it, loved it and am now reading even MORE of Tanya Huff's fantasy.
Susan Laine
Aug 28, 2009 Susan Laine marked it as to-read
Shelves: have
have
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Debra Cook
Debra Cook marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Wordygeek
Wordygeek marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Joanna
Joanna added it
Sep 03, 2014
Dani Sigman
Dani Sigman marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Catie
Catie marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Kelley Ceccato
Kelley Ceccato marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Laura added it
May 05, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
1967
"Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia: Although I haven't actually lived "down east" since just before my fourth birthday, I still consider myself a Maritimer. I think it's something to do with being born in sight of the ocean. Or possibly with the fact that almost no one admits to being from Ontario…

Raised, for the most part, in Kingston, Ontario. It was the late sixties, early to mid seventies. Enough s...more
More about Tanya Huff...
Blood Price (Vicki Nelson, #1) Blood Trail (Vicki Nelson, #2) Valor's Choice (Confederation #1) Blood Lines (Vicki Nelson, #3) Summon the Keeper (Keeper Chronicles #1)