Start by marking “The Everything Self-Hypnosis Book: Learn to use your mental power to take control of your life” as Want to Read:

Getting that promotion at work or losing those last five pounds can be a struggle, but goals like these can be accomplished - with self-hypnosis! Whatever obstacles you want to overcome or goals you aim to achieve, this book can help you do it. With this informative resource, you will learn to: break bad habits like nail biting; ease severe pain, such as from migraines or ...more
Published January 17th 2009 by Adams Media (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Self-Hypnosis Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Self-Hypnosis Book

Mohammad Ali Abedi
Aug 03, 2013 Mohammad Ali Abedi rated it it was ok
Every once in a while, I pick up one of this shitty books, hoping there is something that I will learn from it. You see, I’m more open-minded than one would assume. And no amounts of disappointments will discourage me.

And man, what a disappointment. Summary of the book: Record yourself, telling yourself what to do, listen to it, and you’ll be hypnotized!

I don’t just put everything down nilly-willy. I try them. So, I took the script for sleeping (I have troubles with sleep), recorded myself sayin
Rachel
Sep 13, 2010 Rachel rated it liked it
Hypnosis sounds a little hokey, but it's not a voodoo trance or anything. It's more about deep relaxation and imagery techniques to achieve a desired change for yourself. I thought this book was really helpful with ideas for relaxation and scripts to practice guided imagery to overcome different habits and achieve desired outcomes. I am going to try to use some of the techniques to promote relaxation and manage fear/pain in my upcoming (hopefully un-medicated) labor and delivery.
Diana Thomsen
Jan 21, 2016 Diana Thomsen rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was interesting. It did a good job of dispelling myths and explaining what hypnosis is and how it can be used. My biggest complaint is the number of times the author said the same things. Seriously. If all the duplicated examples and descriptions were eliminated, 30 pages could have been shaved off the volume! Still, I'll be trying a couple of the scripts to see how they work.
Rafa Camacho
Rafa Camacho rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2012
Emilie Pelleter
Emilie Pelleter rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Toni Mann
Toni Mann rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2013
Jaanika
Jaanika rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Ashley Barfield
Ashley Barfield rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2017
Roxann
Roxann rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Joseph Santiago
Joseph Santiago rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Ryan Coons
Ryan Coons rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2011
Gonzalo Blasco
Gonzalo Blasco rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Danny
Danny added it
Jan 24, 2012
Vivan
Vivan added it
May 07, 2012
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2012
Majed Aldeeri
Majed Aldeeri marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Makarand
Makarand marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Mujellur
Mujellur marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013
Cody
Cody marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
T.Rob
T.Rob marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Vignesh Js
Vignesh Js marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Iman
Iman marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Janitza Pagan
Janitza Pagan marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Noor Elqalb
Noor Elqalb marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Joshua Luke
Joshua Luke marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Balaji
Balaji marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Justin Arce
Justin Arce marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2016
Vadims Metlovs
Vadims Metlovs marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2016
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2017
Michiel
Michiel marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2017
Pastor Gideon
Pastor Gideon marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014