Love Came Just in Time

Love Came Just in Time (MacLeod #3-6)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  782 ratings  ·  37 reviews
With each of her stunning novels and novellas, readers have followed national bestselling author Lynn Kurland’s engaging characters as they swept across time, across continents, across the map of the human heart in a transcendent search for love. Now, journey with her in this enchanting anthology showcasing the “literary magician” (Romantic Times) at her magical best... In...more
Published June 1st 2001 by Berkley Trade (first published 2001)

July
There is four stories in this book.
The first is: The gift of Christmas Past. Abigail Garrett finds herself in 1238 after jumping into Murphy's Pond and when she surfaces she in a moat. Miles de Piaget was being gloomy in his great hall which isn't much. When Abby bangs on the doors of his keep after taking a swim in his moat, she is frightened and cold, and filthy. She is hoping for some help from within. After telling him a crazy story he is sure she must have hit her head. Only after a few hou...more
Brooke
Not my favorite... And Miles was one of the characters I was most looking forward to his story, he was jilted... The angel cat didn't work for me, and I never feel satisfied with anthologies because they are so short...

I finished Gideon and Megan's story as well, I had always wondered about them... These stories are just to fast paced, there is no chance for anything to build, it's one minute this the next minute that... I love all the characters, but their stories aren't what you know and expe...more
LilaBird
I have read all three of these stories previously, but didn't know they were all a part of the same anthology. I agree with everyone else commenting, that Mile's story was a let-down. I had been so excited to finally read about him, and then to have it be just a short story with some angel cat...that was just annoying. And I always hate when you can tell that she wrote this before she really planned out the families and couples. Mile's family comes to visit at the end and she mentions a few of t...more
Muse Here
Megan Evans
Kathy Davie
I_love_a_happily_ever_after
OK, I think I am on a Lynn Kurland kick. This is her third book I have read in two weeks. I have another lined up to start today and and 15 more in my Amazon shopping cart. :o)

This book is a collection of four Novellas. I loved three and liked one. Some of the characters are familiar from other stories and some are new. The heroes were, as usual, quite amazing and the heroines were each so different from each other. Lynn's characters really come alive. At first I was suprised at how quicky the...more
dragonsdy
Anthology. That says it all doesn't it. I would have preferred 4 complete books. They are too short. I still enjoyed each story but I wish they were longer. They went to fast!!
Patricia
not my favorite collection of Kurland's to be honest. i enjoyed Miles' story as I previously read it in a different short story compilation, though it was a bit rushed. Megan and Gideon was cute as well, though VERY rushed as well. Jane and Ian's story was my favorite of the group and didn't feel too rushed. I enjoyed their backstories and their courtship. Sydney and Sam's story was painful to get through the beginning and then a bit better as they got around to discovering they liked each other...more
Bev Walkling
This book includes 4 Lynn Kurland novellas which cover a number of different romantic genres. I have read several Kurland historical novels (with time travel) and found these equally enjoyable. One thing you can count on in Kurland's novels is interesting characters and lots of humour. These were a joy to read!
Kendra
Sweet little 4 stories all by the same author. Fills in some of the stories on the lesser characters in other books. Fun, fast, and lighthearted. My favorite was And the Groom Wore Tulle, where a Scotsman in the past comes into the future. He knows about the future because other clansmen have gone their, but finds himself there, and in a wedding shop. The whole couple pages of whether he's trying to decide if he's in Heaven, Hell or Limbo, and then decides he will put on one of the "angel outfit...more
Suzie
This is a collection of short stories that are wonderful complements to characters from other books she has written. The Gift of Christmas Past is Miles de Piaget's story, The Three Wise Ghosts is the story of Gideon de Piaget and Megan MacLeod McKinnon, And the Groom Wore Tulle is Ian MacLeod's story, The Icing on the Cake is Samuel MacLeod's story. These stories give you more background on each of the characters which enrich your reading of related books.
Lora
The Gift of Christmas Past -
This was a little short but it had everything I love about Kurland's novels. Romance, time travel and a knight ready to rescue a lady. I loved this one so much it was such a sweet little story.

The Three Wise Ghosts -
Was really quite cute especially with the bickering ghosts having to intervene to get the two leads to really notice each other. And the ending was as sweet as I could have hoped for.
Jolan
As much as I couldn't wait to read about Abigail and Miles, I will admitt that having a talking Sir Sweetums was a bit much :( but for the most part I liked the story. I enjoyed Gideon and Megan's story quite a bit. A lot of these characters I've met previously in other books, and am glad to FINALLY be hearing their stories. I LOVED Ian and Jane's story and although I don't believe I've met Sydney and Sam before...their story was wonderful! :)
Emily
While this wasn't a BAD anthology, I was left wanting more from it. The female characters all read the same and the characters seemed isolated from everyone else but who they end up with. Four stories of the same feel just left me wishing for a different book.

I'm not going to give up on Kurland, but I think next time I'll try a full length novel in hopes that there are other interactions of different sorts.
Lisa
The Gift of Christmas Past - 4 stars
The Three Wise Ghosts - 3 stars
And the Groom Wore Tulle - 2 stars
The Icing on the Cake - 4 stars

I guess that averages out to 3 stars, but I'll give this anthology 4 anyway, because 3 of the 4 stories were pretty cute, especially the first and last ones.
Kara
I really liked all of the stories in this anthology, but my favorite was The Gift of Christmas Past since it was part of the DePiaget side. The others were great too, though, and like the other 99% of the Lynn Kurland books I've read, I couldn't bear to stop reading!
Mary23nm
I liked all the stories, although they all could have been longer. I liked "The Gift of Christmas Past" and "The Icing on the Cake" better than "The Three Wise Ghosts" and "And the Groom Wore Tulle". Everything averaged out to be about three and one half stars.
Melissa
Feb 15, 2011 Melissa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: clean romance
Shelves: time-travel
I love almost any book by Lynn Kurland this one was no exception. All 4 books were fun,clean, silly and horribly romantic. All these characters are from the McLeod clan and a reading order for her books can be found on her websight.
Monica
A cute collection of short stories to round out the DePiaget and MacLeod series. Of course the story lines were extremely rushed, but overall cute stories, if you could get over that little hurdle.
Ashley
Could've been better for a Lynn Kurland story. I was really looking forward to Miles' story and was disappointed he appeared in a novella. The MacLeod story was a bit too silly for my taste.
Vicki
I loved the two stories "And the Groom Wore Tulle" and "The Gift of Christmas Past". These are way fun and help fill in some gaps in the Kurland Medieval families.
Molly
Four novellas. I am not sure why Kurland's heroines often have to meet their true love covered in sewage or mud or muck... but they were quick, light, enjoyable stories.
Judy Bullard
This is one of her books of short stories (or novellas, as Lynn Kurland calls them). I really enjoyed "The Three Wise Ghosts" - they were hillarious!!
Tiffiny
These novellas I thought were too short, rushed with not enough time to develop the story or characters. I wish they'd been regular novel length.
Julie
I especially liked Ian Macleod's story and of course Miles' story was awesome too. Any story with ALL of the de Piaget's is sure to be HOT.
Brenda
I loved all four stories but feel a little ripped off at the shortness of them. Each was good enough for a full novel on their own.
Jean
I only read The Gift of Christmas Past and The Three Wise Ghosts, but I was not really impressed with either of the stories.
Leilani
I really enjoyed this Novella. Love this cute pair and the adorable ghosts. So mischevious

Merged review:

Too short.
Angela
4 short novellas that give a little more detail about characters that pop up in the other books.
  • The Christmas Cat (Includes: De Piaget, #5)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • Down and Dirty (Viking II, #7)
  • The Queen in Winter
  • A Highlander's Homecoming (Daughters of the Glen, #6)
  • Thirteen Chances
  • The Brides of Christmas (Includes Warrior, #11; de Burgh, #3.5)
  • Highland Dream (Highland Dream, #1)
  • Return of the Highlander (Immortal Warriors, #1)
  • A Man In A Kilt (Castle Blackstone, #1)
  • The Beginning (McKinnon Legends, #1 )
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan...more
More about Lynn Kurland...
Tapestry (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Highlander, #8; De Piaget, #10) Star of the Morning (Nine Kingdoms, #1) A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1) This Is All I Ask (De Piaget, #7) The Mage's Daughter (Nine Kingdoms, #2)