Start by marking “USA” as Want to Read:
USA

USA

Highlights the USA's national parks, scenic routes, the vast wilderness, world-class cities, top museums and galleries. Regional chapters cover the culture, history and sights in-depth. A practical section on visiting the USA helps you plan your trip in advance, giving tips on travel, customs, laws and what to expect while the USA.
Published March 1st 2004 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published February 2004)

To ask other readers questions about USA, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about USA

Lafcadio
Jan 27, 2008 Lafcadio rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Michaele
Shelves: map, study, lukapier
There is really no way to praise this travel guide properly. I suggest before traveling to any city with tourist intentions, pick up a copy of the eyewitness travel guide for that city, with page markers handy. You can't go wrong.

This one covers far more than one city, and so per necessity does not go into as much detail about each city. I opted for this one for a trip covering 4 major US cities, and it still served me well.

I heart Eyewitness Travel Guides.
Mikes road planner
I think this is a decent book for getting a good taste of what the USA is like for traveler. for first timer, its a good place to start. its good for New York City trips, and a lot of other spots. its a great book for heavy traveler, not for those who are traveling the USA for a week... its best for cross country trips. you get plenty of good advice's and tips for the big cities as well as the small country towns. its a great book for my own traveling collection books.

H
Pretty incredible in terms of detail for such an general topic. Needs an update (like the Disneyland/world pages), but still super relevant. Would be great on a road trip where you don't know where you're going next.

While the history of each area seemed relatively unbiased, the descriptions of certain sites were problematic - e.g. minimal mention of slavery while describing an ornate mansion at a plantation.
Zack
Dec 06, 2008 Zack rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference, travel
You can't cover a country as big as the US in one book but this is a good starting point to flip through and think, where should I go. I use this and my collection of National Geographic Adventure magazines when I am thinking about a trip.
Juliana
Mar 21, 2013 Juliana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely book that gives detailed information and is visually stunning.
Andrew Southwood
Jan 24, 2010 Andrew Southwood rated it it was amazing
The best USA travel guide I've read yet.
Eeva Ahdekivi
Dec 07, 2013 Eeva Ahdekivi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pian puhkiluettu. Here we come.
Astrila
Jun 19, 2008 Astrila rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in the USA
Recommended to Astrila by: Me
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides are THE best travel guides! Perfect, portable size, beautiful picts, and awesome info. THIS is the ultimate travel guide for this area.
Alexander Little
Great travelers book!
Pallavi Ganti
Pallavi Ganti rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Sherry
Sherry rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2009
Dan Dyball
Dan Dyball rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2014
James
James rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2011
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Gpressl
Gpressl rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2013
Carol Garrison
Carol Garrison rated it really liked it
May 18, 2015
Ray
Ray rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Robyn
Robyn rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2012
Christophe Jansen
Christophe Jansen rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Jeremy Lenzi
Jeremy Lenzi rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Erica Slachta
Erica Slachta rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2014
Barbara Hancher
Barbara Hancher rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Inge
Inge rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2013
Mila
Mila rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Anthony
Anthony rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Steven Ackerley
Steven Ackerley rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2011