Start by marking “Mika Hakkinen: Doing What Comes Naturally (Heroes on wheels)” as Want to Read:
Mika Hakkinen: Doing What Comes Naturally (Heroes on wheels)

Mika Hakkinen: Doing What Comes Naturally (Heroes on wheels)

Mika Hakkinen is one of the fastest drivers in Formula 1 - in his first race for Marlboro Mclaren in 1993, he outqualified Ayrton Senna. He is also known for his frequent crashes. The cheerful Finn's racing ability and dogged optimism helped him hold the McLaren team together through their recent traumas, and to fight back after a near-fatal accident to take fifth place in ...more
Published December 1st 1997 by J H Haynes & Co Ltd (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Mika Hakkinen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mika Hakkinen

Jonesy_laaa
Sep 14, 2014 Jonesy_laaa rated it really liked it
Shelves: september-reads
Thanks to a very awesome close friend of mine for buying me this book. I have waited to get hold of this for YEARS and I am so glad to have read it.

Incase anyone doesn't know, I'm a big Formula One fan. And I got into Formula One by accident and I have to thank Mika for helping me realise my love for this amazing sport.

This biography sees Hilton tracking the progress and development of Hakkinen's career from his early days until 1997 season with interesting stories, facts and photos that allow y
Kristina
Jan 29, 2016 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: formula-1, biography
Written before he won any world championships, this charts his early career and gives a good insight into who he is. Unlike some biographies that write about a character from a distant perspective (or even some autobiogrpahies which avoid negatives) this book is written with Mika. Christopher Hilton interviews Hakkinen, and those closest to him, to provide an intimate look at the popular racer. He isn't an angel but he still seems like one!
Audrey
Sep 07, 2012 Audrey rated it really liked it
Being a Mika Hakkinen fan, I truly enjoyed this book. It does have some good and interesting insights about Mika's rise to and in Formula One.
Teemu Toropainen
Teemu Toropainen rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Eira
Eira rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Miquette
Miquette rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Arild Odberg
Arild Odberg rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Westboundsign
Westboundsign rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016
Peter Harris
Peter Harris rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Jerry
Jerry rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2014
Automies
Automies rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Dane Sørensen
Dane Sørensen marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Marko
Marko added it
Jan 26, 2014
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Qureshi
Qureshi marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Pavlina Raynova
Pavlina Raynova marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Christopher (Chris) Hilton was a former sportswriter with the Daily Express.

Hilton had begun his career in journalism at The Journal in Newcastle, and then worked at the Express‘s offices in Manchester before moving to London in the mid-1970s when recruited by then sports editor Ken Lawrence to cover Formula 1.

Hilton was a key member of the sports desk editing staff, as well as covering ice skatin
More about Christopher Hilton...