Millennial Messiah: The Second Coming of the Son of Man

Millennial Messiah: The Second Coming of the Son of Man (The Messiah Series #6)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The Second Coming-is there any serious Christian who has not pondered the significance and consequences of that long-awaited, glorious event? Elder Bruce R. McConkie of the Council of the twelve, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, expounds on this topic in all its magnificence and in his usual flowing style. The crowning work of his trilogy on the life of Chr...more
Published June 1st 1982 by Deseret Book Company (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Millennial Messiah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Millennial Messiah

Denise
This book helped me tie the prophecies of the scriptures together in a pattern of events that I could see and understand. I read this book on Sundays and so this is the culmination of reading that I started in September of 2007.
Michele
This finishes the series for me. I made a goal to finish them all and it has taken years, do you hear me? Years! But, I did it, and am very glad.
Clint
Great as a reference book for Mormons, but tough to read all the way through. This book was written to provide a more current treatment of the Articles of Faith of the Mormon Church than that by James E. Talmage in Jesus the Christ.
Libby
Okay, so I didn't read this whole book. It's more of a reference type book, and I basically just checked it out so I could read one chapter. I loved the chapter that I read, and even made myself a copy of the whole chapter to have on hand as a reference. I did skim some other topics, but to read this whole book cover to cover would take me years. ;)
David
Though McConkie's style is hard for some to palate due to his confidence and authoritarian voice, one cannot argue that the doctrines he supports through scripture are both well-placed, insightful, and significant. Those wishing to understand the Second Coming would do well to read this book. Straightforward, easy reading.
Julenew
May 11, 2011 Julenew is currently reading it
I've been planning to read this series of books, like, FOREVER! But, the more the daily paper begins to read like the wind-up chapters of the Book of Mormon, the more I feel a need to separate fact from myth regarding the Last Days. It's time to sit down and do some *serious* study. . . .
Shon
This is a well-informed trek through the scriptures about the Millennium. He includes some conjecture about what certain passages mean - but they are all clearly mentioned as such. There are lots of repeated descriptions, so I felt like I was rereading entire paragraphs from page to page.
EJ Johnson
This is not an easy book to read but well worth reading. McConkie's writing style takes some getting used to. He was a great biblical scholar and I was intrigued with his ability to but together passages found in various places and sometimes really obscure Bible books.
Ddspoons
There are 3 in this series, The Promised Messiah, The Mortal Messiah, and The Millennial Messiah.
This is a quite large book that will take me a while to finish. Right now I am reading bits and pieces. It has great info. as the books from Bro. McConkie always do.
Roger
I just learned that the lost ten tribes do not currently exist as a gathered body, but they are being gathered from all over the world into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Bernie
Super long, super dense, but I haven't seen a more correct, scripturally-cited treatise on the Millenium anywhere. Quite a few bits of information I hadn't heard before.
Sheralyn
Beautifully written and with such strength of Spirit. I gained so much understanding in his writing and enjoyed the joy with which he writes of the days to come.
Connie
This book was an incredible book. I learned SO much that I didn't know or hadn't thought of. I want to read it again.
Mom
This is probably my 6th time reading this book. Knowledge is a wonderful thing. Wish I had some of the author's. :)
Alan
Typical Bruce R McConkie. Very wordy, but good stuff every once and a while.
Ernie Dawson
I love this book. Elder McConkie has great insight.
Marilyn Porter
May 01, 2009 Marilyn Porter is currently reading it
I'm about 2/3s of the way through the book.
Cindy
Good, informative, deep as Bruce R McConkie goes.
Jacobo Carpio
Jacobo Carpio marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Jenn S
Jenn S marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Larissa
Larissa marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Wilford Woodruff
  • Gospel Doctrine: Sermons and Writings of President Joseph F. Smith (Classics in Mormon Literature)
  • Doctrines of Salvation. Complete Three-Volume Work [3-in-1]. Sermons & Writings of Joseph Fielding Smith.
  • The Great Apostasy
  • Faith Precedes the Miracle
  • The Promise of Discipleship
  • Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • Discourses of Brigham Young: Second President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • The Third Thousand Years
  • The World and the Prophets (The Collected Works of Hugh Nibley, Volume 3)
  • Joseph Smith the Prophet
193151
Bruce Redd McConkie was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).

McConkie served in the First Council of the Seventy of the LDS Church from 1946 until his calling to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in 1972, where he served until his death in 1985.

During his service as a general authority, he published several doctrinal books an...more
More about Bruce R. McConkie...
Mormon Doctrine Promised Messiah: The First Coming of Christ The Mortal Messiah: From Bethlehem to Calvary, Book 1 (Mortal Messiah) A New Witness for the Articles of Faith The Mortal Messiah: From Bethlehem to Calvary, Book 4 (Mortal Messiah)