Start by marking “Doctrinal New Testament Commentary: Volumes 1-3” as Want to Read:
Doctrinal New Testament Commentary: Volumes 1-3

Doctrinal New Testament Commentary: Volumes 1-3

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  13 reviews

"Understandest thou what thou readest?"

So asked Philip of one who was diligently searching the scriptures.

"How can I," came the answer, "except some man should guide me."

Jesus said: "Search the scriptures," and gave the promise, "Whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived."

Today the Lord's command is: "Teach one another the doctrine of the kingdom."

This Doctri

Paperback, 2015 pages
Published December 10th 2002 by Deseret Book Co (first published 1972)

To ask other readers questions about Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctrinal New Testament Commentary

Derek Warren
Arguably the best commentary available on the New Testament. I love this series because Elder McConkie focuses on doctrine, the very meat of the New Testament. He brings in historical facts when they help to clarify doctrine. But as the title indicates, the focus is on the precepts that are at the root of true, Gospel living.

He includes the full text from the King James version of the bible, broken down into consumable and logical parts. Where applicable, he includes the Joseph Smith translatio
Erin
This is my companion for this year's study. Three volumes. Second time through. I am sure I will learn, or re-learn much.

I took the whole year to finish. I love to read Bruce R. McConkie. Sometimes he is repetitive, but that is how we learn. I love having a companion to read side by side with my scriptures. I learn so much more.
Clint
A great reference commentary on the New Testament for Mormons. It was a tough slog, but I actually read these three volumes all the way through.
Erika
Let's be honest - I did not read this cover to cover, but it's an amazing resource to help me be smarter for my seminary class!
Chris
A wonderful study guide to help you better understand the beautiful and profound teachings of the New Testament.
Nephi
Excellent collection for anyone wanting a clear explanation of the new testament. From restored gospel perspective.
Kevin
This was required reading in college, took new testament class. It was good stuff. A really thick book.
David
The best commentary on the New Testiment and practically the only way to survive Paul for the uninitiated.
Chrissy
May 23, 2009 Chrissy is currently reading it
I love this book. It is really helping me with my scripture study.
Cindy
These books contain a lot of information, but are informative.
Amber
Great as a companion study to the New testament
Ernie Dawson
I read all 3 volumes. Great stuff.
Kurt
Great resource.
kathleen beth bridston
kathleen beth bridston marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Olivia Felix
Olivia Felix marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Catherine Nestor
Catherine Nestor marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Chrisan
Chrisan marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Keith Kendall
Keith Kendall marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Kim Gubler
Kim Gubler marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Abe
Abe marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Kevin Murphy
Kevin Murphy marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2013
Mo
Mo marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
193151
Bruce Redd McConkie was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).

McConkie served in the First Council of the Seventy of the LDS Church from 1946 until his calling to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in 1972, where he served until his death in 1985.

During his service as a general authority, he published several doctrinal books an
More about Bruce R. McConkie...
Mormon Doctrine Promised Messiah: The First Coming of Christ The Mortal Messiah: From Bethlehem to Calvary, Book 1 (Mortal Messiah) Millennial Messiah: The Second Coming of the Son of Man A New Witness for the Articles of Faith