Start by marking “Dial Me for Murder (Paige Turner, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dial Me for Murder (Paige Turner, #5)

Dial Me for Murder (A Paige Turner Mystery #5)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  109 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Crime reporter and mystery novelist Paige Turner is looking into the murder of a young secretary whose naked body was found in Central Park?with the understanding between herself and the police that Paige keeps her exclusive investigation off the record and out of the pages of "Daring Detective."
Published September 2nd 2008 by Berkley (first published August 21st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dial Me for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dial Me for Murder

Patricia
Oct 27, 2008 Patricia rated it it was amazing

Pick up Dial Me For Murder and get lost in the fifties. Paige Turner is a reporter for Daring Detective Magazine in New York and life as a crime reporter is not easy for a woman in 1955. Yes, Paige does get her stories printed in Daring Detective but Paige also is in charge of making and hauling coffee to all of the male employees of Daring Detective. Paige was the name she was born with but when she married a man named Turner she officially became Paige Turner. As you can imagine she gets a lot
Debbie
Aug 10, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Amanda Matetsky captures the ambiance of the 1950's perfectly !
Go back in time and enjoy this funny mystery adventure! It was GREAT! Can't wait to read the rest of her books!
Erin
Sep 15, 2010 Erin rated it it was ok
I was drawn to this book because of the charming cover and the premise (this is 5th in the series about a crime reporter for the Daring Detective newspaper in the 50s who solves murders) but it was just a little too cutesy with the 50s-speak for my taste. It might've been my mood, but the characters didn't really sparkle for me and I lost interest about 80 pages in (I also put it down to read a few other things about 3 weeks ago, and that rarely ends well). Cozy mysteries aren't usually my thing ...more
Shannon Teper
Jul 14, 2012 Shannon Teper rated it it was amazing
A light, but enjoyable read. I enjoy visiting the time period in which this series is set. I found myself gritting my teeth along with the protagonist as she tries to fulfill her writing and investigative goals in a world of pouring coffee for men and tottering in pursuit of suspects wearing compulsory three inch heels. While the tone is often light and funny, the mystery in this book was well-thought out and all the clues were given in order for arm chair detectives to race the sleuth in solvin ...more
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Feb 09, 2009 Cindi (cheesygiraffe) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-read
I LOVED this one. This series is set in the mid 1950s. The characters are a hoot! The mystery is mysterious. The way of life then was simpler. I almost want to go back and live during this time.
Paige is smart and it's hard to be a smart woman then. She never gets her just rewards except from Dan, her boyfriend.
I loved trying to figure this one out and much as I enjoyed the references to that era. Who knew there was so much in common with things today but to a less degree.
I hope in the next book
Marjorie
Feb 24, 2013 Marjorie rated it really liked it
Takes place in the mid 1950s. The main character, a Korean War widow, earns her living working as a writer for a true-detective story tabloid in Manhattan. A beautiful high-class call girl is brutally murdered and the woman's Madame hires the writer to find out who did it - without writing a story about it. Well-done, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to reading more in this series.
Susan
May 11, 2009 Susan rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book as much as the others.
Juanita Cater
Nov 09, 2011 Juanita Cater rated it really liked it
Fun!!
Jodielynn
Jodielynn marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Skittles
Skittles marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Klm
Klm marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
CottonCandy
CottonCandy marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Thezoo232
Thezoo232 marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Vicki Strom
Vicki Strom marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Luanne
Luanne added it
Mar 24, 2016
Avk
Avk rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Kelsea
Kelsea added it
Dec 27, 2015
Greta
Greta rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2015
Msl0nelyheart
Msl0nelyheart marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Kay Robinett
Kay Robinett rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
  • The Library Paradox (Vanessa Duncan)
  • The Rattle-Rat
  • With Friends Like These... (Amanda Pepper, #4)
  • Hanging by a Thread (A Needlecraft Mystery, #6)
  • Murder at the Feast of Rejoicing (Lord Meren, #3)
  • Murder Plays House (A Mommy-Track Mystery #5)
  • Murder Down Under
  • The Spring Cleaning Murders (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #7)
  • Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril, #2)
  • When Death Comes Stealing (Tamara Hayle, #1)
  • On Language
  • The Cincinnati Red Stalkings
  • Jimmy, the Pickpocket of the Palace
  • Profiling: The Psychology of Catching Killers
  • The Allingham Case-Book
  • The Begonia Bribe (A Garden Society Mystery, #2)
  • Death and the Chaste Apprentice (Charlie Peace, #1)
  • The Deuce (Midtown Blue #1)
From the author's website:

Amanda Matetsky was a magazine editor and a volunteer literacy tutor before becoming a fiction writer. Her first novel, The Perfect Body, was published by HarperCollins in 1997 and won the NJRW Golden Leaf Award for Best First Book.

Murderers Prefer Blondes, the first entry in Amanda’s popular Paige Turner mystery series, was published by Berkley Prime Crime in 2003 and wa
More about Amanda Matetsky...

A Paige Turner Mystery (5 books)
  • Murderers Prefer Blondes (A Paige Turner Mystery #1)
  • Murder is a Girl's Best Friend (Paige Turner, #2)
  • How to Marry a Murderer (Paige Turner, #3)
  • Murder on a Hot Tin Roof (Paige Turner, #4)