Start by marking “Vampire Beach: Volume 2 (Vampire Beach, #3-4)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Beach: Volume 2 (Vampire Beach, #3-4)

Vampire Beach: Volume 2 (Vampire Beach #3-4)

Jason Freeman has gotten used to the fact that beneath its glamorous surface, DeVere Heights is full of unexpected secrets. And vampires. Sienna Devereux is one of them, but that doesn't stop Jason from being with her.

Just when Jason thinks he's golden, he's attacked—by a crossbow-wielding lunatic whose next victim is found with a bolt through the heart. And the killer is

Published May 25th 2007 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Beach

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadShadow Kiss by Richelle MeadFrostbite by Richelle MeadBlood Promise by Richelle MeadSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Vampire Books
366th out of 366 books — 158 voters

More lists with this book...

Emma (BelleBooks)
This is the second bind up in the Vampire Beach series, with books 3 and 4 in it.

I did not really enjoy the first two books in the series, but since I had bought the lot I went ahead and gave this one a shot.

I have to say these two books where miles better than the first two, much more character development and I even began to like Jason in these two books!

Again, it is pretty much a typical "The Hills meets Vampires" type of story line, but at this stage I'm beginning to like it.

Sienna reminds m
May 19, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
This book incudes the third & fourth installments in the Vampire Beach series by Alex Duval, although it is still the same size as an average book. The story continues to be told from 17 year old Jason's perspective which gives this series an interesting twist however I don't find that the characters are as well fleshed out as they could be.

I don't want to give too much away about the plot but Jason & Sienna finally manage to work out their issues & become a couple but the trouble d
Jacqueline King
Ritual develops the characters a little more. Jason Freeman, still madly in love with It Girl Sienna, is wounded on the beach by an arrow and left for dead. In true hero gets the girl style, Jason's battle scar turns Sienna on and it appears her relationship with fellow vampire Brad may be on the rocks.

These books are highly ridiculous. They're a Jackie Collins novel with a PG rating. The only thing that makes them readable is the fact they actually have a story line. The crossbow killer has a
Tracey
The 3rd and 4th books in the Vampire beach series are merged into this double book. I found that the storyline came together much better in these compared to the first two and I found myself enjoying these much more. Lots of twists and drama are thrown into the storyline to make this hard to put down. I love how the humans and vampires happily live together in a beach town without wanting or needing to kill one another. It's quite different yet extrememly interesting. Even though these are a ...more
Lisa
Aug 14, 2009 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ya, paranormal
Another two installments in the Vampire Beach series.

Ritual: Jason is still torn between his feelings for Sienna and his friendship with Brad, but matters finally resolve themselves and he rescues Sienna from a hunter.

Legacy: Sienna's parents are none too happy that Sienna is seeing Jason and put an end to their relationship. Worried that more hunters are tracking the De Vere Heights vampires, Adam makes a discovery on line while Aunt Bianca makes Jason an offer that seems too good to be true.
Bookaholiclover
May 30, 2011 Bookaholiclover rated it it was amazing
Vampire Beach 2

As usual I just loved it. Just loved Jason and Sienna together and all the adventures and mysteries that were in the book. I loved it so much.

Wonder if there's another book? You know.

Anyways I loved it a lot and I couldn't stop reading not until I was actually done with the book itself, which made me really happy at the end, because finally Sienna's parents don't have to yap around while there both together you know.

"Love makes you do stupid things, but in the end you don't know t
Nov 14, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2008-reads
Vampire Beach is Vampire Lite, with bloodsuckers who are - by and large - so barely there you don't even notice them harshing the 90210 vibe of the series. And this is largely just high school drama with a soupcon of the supernatural, kept moderately hip through setting and the antics of a cinema freak sidekick who name-drops on demand. Inoffensive, fun stuff, fast-paced, and strongly reminiscent of R.L. Stine back in the day. (Review stands for first four in series, bound here in two volumes: ...more
Ash
Sep 13, 2011 Ash rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aunt Bee is nosy. Haha. Here we go. Well, AMAZING!!!!! Both books in volume 2 (Ritual and Legacy) were filled with twice as much drama and twist as the first two! That obviously made it more awesome. Its sad that volume 3 is no longer in print, but lucky me I have an amazing bookstore by me who could order a used copy and I can NOT wait to read it to see what happens to everyone! Ecspecially, Jason, Sieanna, and Dani. Volume 2 is more AMAZING then volume 1. Both volumes are pretty awesome, but ...more
Danielle
Apr 16, 2012 Danielle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Well, if you were looking for a good read that will keep you intrigued this is not the book. This book seemed to drag a lot and make me say "dear lord what now." I couldn't help but in the end dislike the book. It was slow, and just so ridiculous. It took me way too long to read it and it didn't make me feel in any way good. And I heard through the grapevine that there are two more books? Well I can't promise I'll read them because I might die before they're through. What a disappointment.
Harriet
Aug 12, 2010 Harriet rated it really liked it
The second omnibus of Alex Duval's Vampire Beach novels. I feel everything starts to come into place in this book and works well. The thing I love about these books is te fact that the characters do what you want them to do but they also do it in a way that seems within reason (whilst you're in the middle of Malibu with a tonne of vampires taking over the place) Its great, and a fantastic sequel to Bloodlust and Initiation.
Heather
Feb 21, 2011 Heather rated it it was ok
Read this, since my Mother gave it to me. USUALLY I won't read the 2nd book in a series, since it's kinda backwards to do so. But it was there & I am in between books & needed to clear my brain, before beginning the next one. It was a quick read, & not that bad. I think I need to read the first one, to fully grasp it tho. *Hint bringing this to the beach, bring another book --if you read fast, like I do.
Sandy Smith
Nov 09, 2011 Sandy Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I couldn't put it down, read it all in 1 day. It takes up where book 1 & 2 leave off. High School kids, getting older getting into a bit more partying. What I liked the best about this series is that the Vampires got along great with the humans. They didn't feed off their friends, their feedings were done at other times and really were not even mentioned. Great teen book!
Kate
Finally, Sienna and Jason hooked up!
I was loving the twist with his aunt Bianca.
Really enjoyed the books, nothing in particualy stood out.
I have the full intention of buying Hunted and High Stakes as soon as I get around to compiling a list of what books to buy instead of buying as soon as one catches my eye (the books aren't in my local book store, so I have to hunt them down)
Josephine
Feb 02, 2016 Josephine rated it did not like it
Alright heres the thing when I read these I was out of things to read and they were on sale for $3.99 and it wasn't worth it cause they were GARBAGE (do not read) I am ashamed to say that I have read these books
Denice
It's good but I did not see any BOOM scene there... I was looking for a very heart pounding scene but it's not there I guess... Anyway, it's still good... And the models don't look like Jason or Sienna...
Natasha Fenwick
Apr 15, 2012 Natasha Fenwick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: fantasy
This is an amazing series. It one of those series where you can read over and over again and not get bored. You are able to imagine the characters and locations, with the details you are given. I hope Alex Duval writes more series. :)
Rebecca Jane
Mar 31, 2016 Rebecca Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
LOVED IT! it was really good. obviously i don't like them as much as the first two or the last two coz it doesn't have zach in them as much but the parts he is in are like totally wickedness! it was sooo sad in legacy with jason and sienna.:(
Jenna
Apr 20, 2014 Jenna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
A decent enough book worth a read. The plot is simple but the characters are likeable. Not a ground-breaking novel but good for a few hours of entertainment.
Erin
Mar 25, 2010 Erin rated it liked it
This is a cute series for anyone who was a fan of "The Lost Boys"...vampires at a beach town...how can you go wrong? ;)
Bec
May 09, 2009 Bec rated it liked it
i read the third and forth book first yet he explained it so well i didnt pick up on it untill half way through
very well written yet a want really that in to it
Panda
Feb 07, 2010 Panda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-it-at-home
I'm finding this one really hard to read i dont know if it's just me or if theres really alot of pointless banter going on, like 3 pages of sufing, 4 pages of swiming....bah wheres the juice??
Luke
Feb 26, 2013 Luke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second volume in the Vampire Beach series by Alex Duval. The third and fourth book—Ritual and Legacy—is included.

Full review to come.

Overall, this was awesome!
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2011
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2015
Cambria
Jan 07, 2012 Cambria rated it liked it
my review to come!
Allison Barnhill
Allison Barnhill rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2011
Kit Ying
Kit Ying rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2014
Breanna Maher
Breanna Maher rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Abby
Abby rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2009
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2012
  • How to Date a Vampire
  • The Last Vampire: Red Dice & Phantom (The Last Vampire #3-4)
  • Dark Of The Moon (Vampire/Werewolf Trilogy, #2)
  • The Spider Goddess (Pandora English, #2)
  • The Switch
  • PhD: Phantasy Degree Vol. 3
  • Cast  a Bright Shadow (Lionwolf Trilogy, #1)
  • How to Be a Vampire: A Fangs-On Guide for the Newly Undead
  • Secret Lives (Darke Academy, #1)
  • This Year's Model
  • Original Sin (The Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • Wolverine and Jubilee: Curse of the Mutants
  • Night Runner (Night Runner, #1)
  • Predator Girl
  • Skip Beat! (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 10: Includes Volumes 28, 29, & 30
  • Persistence of Memory / Token of Darkness (Den of Shadows, #5-6)
  • Twice Upon a Time
  • Break of Dawn (Vampire Babylon, #3)
Alex Duval is a pseudonym for two seasoned YA writers.
More about Alex Duval...

Vampire Beach (6 books)
  • Bloodlust (Vampire Beach, #1)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
  • Ritual (Vampire Beach, #3)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • High Stakes (Vampire Beach, #5)
  • Hunted (Vampire Beach, #6)