Taiko on a Windy Night

Taiko on a Windy Night

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Join this prowling cat as he explores his neighborhood at night.

"The wind cried adventure,
the moon shone mystery."

"Come back soon," the girl calls as Taiko rushes over the fence and down the sidewalk. His eyes shine with excitement. His ears twitch with anticipation. New smells. New experiences. He hears the girl calling him to come back. Not yet. It's too soon. He ambles...more
Published May 15th 2001 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

Matthew
This story of a cat let out at night and the adventures that she has because of it was entertaining, though not one of my favorite books. I understand wanting to let your cat out at night, but it seemed as though it was kind of a perilous decision to make, not keeping the cat's best interests at heart.
Dolly
Dec 23, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2010, childrens, pets
This is a nicely illustrated book about a cat's adventures outside at night. In many places, the narrative is more like poetry. I found the story to be quite entertaining, but our girls lost interest about halfway. They liked the ending, though.
Tara
Tara added it
Oct 16, 2011
Whoosh Went the Wind! Hannah's Bookmobile Christmas Kyle's Island No Mush Today My Steps