Start by marking “Fourth of July Mice!” as Want to Read:
Fourth of July Mice!

Fourth of July Mice! (Holiday Mice)

It's the most patriotic of all holidays-Independence Day! The Holiday Mice take part in all the activities that make the Fourth of July fun: a parade, a picnic, a baseball game and sack race, and a refreshing dip in the stream. Even Mr. Mouse, the littlest mouse's special toy, joins in the festivities. The best part of all comes at the end of the day: a spectacular ...more
Published May 24th 2004 by Clarion Books (first published April 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Fourth of July Mice!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fourth of July Mice!

Kathryn
Okay, I will officially say I don't get Bethany Roberts "Mice" books. There is a whole series, for different holidays, and yes the mice are cute and yes it's an adorable idea but I just think the writing seems labored and unoriginal. (I also read the "Thanksgiving Mice" which was a tad better than this.) I wonder which was the first in the series and if perhaps it was quite special and then the series got worn-out eventually?
Melissa Namba
Sep 15, 2016 Melissa Namba rated it liked it
Shelves: coplin, dnamba
a good book for starting readers. there are repetitive rhymes and easy words. some adult help will be needed. cute, overall.
Kate Puleo Unger
Fourth of July Mice! was another Level 1 book. It was a little better. The activities the mice did in this book: march in a parade, play baseball, watch fireworks, were more in line with the typical holiday celebrations. The little mouse and his stuffed animal mouse added some humor and delight to the story. There's a cute bit at the end about him overcoming his fear of the water in order to rescue to Mr. Mouse.

I think we both enjoyed this "mice" story more than the Halloween book. I'm not sure
Chrystina
Apr 30, 2015 Chrystina rated it it was amazing
his is a picture book, intended for grades pre-k to first grade. This book is about a family of mice celebrating the fourth of july. They go swimming, watch fireworks, parade around, and eat lots of food. I really enjoyed this book. It had really great illustrations. I really think kids would enjoy it. The illustrator did an amazing job with the art work. This book could be used for a lesson on sound words. it had great examples
Dolly
Dec 14, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a cute story about the fun to be had on a hot Fourth of July. The illustrations are completely adorable and the text has a bouncy, kinda rhyming flow. It appears that there's a whole series of these stories featuring mice during various holidays and events. I'm not sure that we'll go out of our way to read the others, but I'm sure they are all light and fun reads for children.
Jennie Park
The title and cover of the book is misleading because once you read it- it rarely talks about the Fourth of July. The whole book consists of the mice having a party but does not explain why. It's a silly book but not very educational. I'm sure the students will enjoy this book, but I don't know whether I would use it as a read-a-loud or during story time.
Beverly
Aug 26, 2013 Beverly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picturebooks
It's a challenge finding short-enough books about July 4th to share with pre-schoolers; this is one that fills the need.
Elizabeth
When I read this one to toddlers, I think I’ll skip the part about a non-swimmer jumping into a lake to rescue a toy. The good news is, he discovers he can swim after all. Yay?
Samantha
The mice celebrate the 4th of July with a picnic, swimming, and watching fireworks. Rhyming text. PreK-2.
Karen
Sep 08, 2011 Karen rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Uses rhyme and repetition in this lower grade level picture book. Uninspiring. Talks about common activities for families on the 4th of July, but explains nothing about why it is celebrated.
Katie Casey
4th of July fun

A cute holiday story, but formatting for kindle is messed up. We loved the cute little mice though and their 4th of July activity!
Spirit Lake Library
Spirit Lake Library rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2013
Justine Waller
Justine Waller rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Elaine
Elaine rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2010
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2011
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2008
Austin Patterson
Austin Patterson rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Tyla
Tyla rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Library
Library rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2008
Annamarie Carlson
Annamarie Carlson rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Nathan and Colin
Nathan and Colin rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2013
Esmoi
Esmoi rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
I've wanted to be a children's book author as far back as I can remember. When I was eight years old I wrote a story about a rabbit. I am still writing stories about rabbits- and mice, cats, children, monsters, and dragons!

When I was growing up, I was the neighborhood storyteller. I would make up stories on the spot for younger children in the neighborhood. I read a lot of books. But I was also a
More about Bethany Roberts...

Holiday Mice (7 books)