Start by marking “The Southern Girl's Guide to Surviving the Newlywed Years: How To Stay Sane Once You've Caught Your Man” as Want to Read:

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Marriage is harder than uncooked grits. Annabelle offers advice for newlyweds on how to handle those times when they wonder what in tarnation they got themselves into.

In this down-home, hilarious handbook, Annabelle Robertson dishes up creative solutions for those annoying male habits that drive wives stark-raving mad. In true Southern Girl style, she deciphers the nuanc
Published December 26th 2006 by NAL

Be the first to ask a question about The Southern Girl's Guide to Surviving the Newlywed Years

Whitney
This book had me laughing OUT LOUD! When I first picked this book up I thought it would be more on the advice end than anything, considering the title, but it was actually a really funny book about how no one can explain marriage or MEN!
It made me feel GREAT to know that my husband isn't the only "Southern Boy" to act like he does, oh how I love him so. Definately a fun summer read!
Colleen Connors McCallion
I thought this would be a funny book on the newlywed years but it was sooooo boring and she spends the first half describing what a "Southern Girl" is (which is not applicable to my life). Arsala gave me permission to stop reading it - so I did.
Kristi
This was a quick read that was humorous and included some useful information. I am technically still a newlywed, so I read this book in hopes of laughing at some of the (very same) issues that women deal with in marriage.

Jess
A fun how-to guide for newlyweds raised in southern tradition, this book was enjoyable in the weeks before and after my wedding. It lacks a touch of class, but the style makes for a good time.
Hannah
Aug 12, 2008 Hannah added it
Way to go Annabel--too funny! I'm proud of my fellow junior-leaguer, although I hope your husband wasn't really that clueless. (If he was, I'm sure you've fixed him up right by now!)
Naty
I recommend for any woman to read this book, even if you're not a newlywed. If you've been in a relationship, you will appreciate this book. It's simply hilarious!!!!!
Julie - Book Hooked Blog
I know they are cheesey, but books like this crack me up. Good husband jokes and writing about the south. I love it!
Emily
Good book, but things are hectic right now. I'm not good at reading multiple books at a time.
Melissa
cute. definately had some true chapters
Larissa Taylor
Larissa Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Katherine (DirectorKat)
Katherine (DirectorKat) marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Tori Webster
Tori Webster marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Kira
Kira marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Kristin Gorski
Kristin Gorski is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2013
Cami
Cami added it
Jul 08, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013