Start by marking “Bob Schieffer's America” as Want to Read:
Bob Schieffer's America

Bob Schieffer's America

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Unbridged CDs • 6 CDs, 7 hours

Wise, rueful, candid, graceful commentaries from one of journalism’s most stylish and respected writers.
Audio CD, Abridged, 6 pages
Published September 9th 2008 by Penguin Audio

To ask other readers questions about Bob Schieffer's America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bob Schieffer's America

Nicole Marble
Bob was a long time reporter, best known on CBS TV. He complains a lot about the venality of politics in America. Which is fine except that Bob is part of the problem when he praises Reagan for his wit and charm but totally misses what Reagan was saying, namely that government was the problem. Of course, we now know that Reagan was the problem.
You'll save a lot of time if you just skip to his 'afterward' where he sums up his point of view. As Dorothy Parker would say - the covers of this book ar
Richard Tolleson
I enjoy Bob immensely on FTN, and really liked this book, too. It was like a visit with an old friend. Bob's common sense is in short supply these days. Not all of this book is about politics. He writes about the things that interest him. A good reporter must be curious, and Bob has never lost his sense of wonder. As Bob said when he finished the biography of John Adams,I hated for this book to end. I'm going to miss the guy.
Matt
Lets be fair, Bob Schieffer's a pretty smart dude. He's been up to his neck in the political muck of DC for a while and knows a thing or two about how things work in this here nation. A very insightful work, and timely (even when what he was writing about was 20 or 30 years ago...).
Scott
This book is a compilation of some of Bob Schieffer's commentaries that he gives at the end of Face the Nation. Really well organized with some humorous stories. Great book when you don't have a lot of time to read, as each commentary only takes a couple of minutes to read.
Sally
These are some of his essays that he reads at the end of the Sunday morning show - I think I enjoy listening to him better than reading the essays. Some were dated and others too repetitive. I'm glad I picked it up but it didn't keep my attention.
Nancy
Bob Schieffer's voice resonates with me. He is a natural story-teller with "tough-talkin' Texas twang" that I find irresistible. His essays are short and easy to read, and I found that I laughed out loud at some of them.
Michelle
He is my favorite journalist/anchor. This is a collection of comments and very short stories about his experiences over the last 4 decades.
Jeanne
a collection of essays on politics and life in general. and they are well written and prove everything changes but nothing changes.
Scott
This was a good train/plane read. Short, folksy essays written by a reporter I actually respect.
Simon
He is a bit preachy, but something to listen to in the car.
Jack
Just repeats after a while
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Sera Kimaro
Sera Kimaro marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Djfuller
Djfuller marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Alex Reverman
Alex Reverman marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Steven Harbin
Steven Harbin marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Jen Richer
Jen Richer marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bob Lloyd Schieffer is an American journalist who has been with CBS News since 1969, serving 23 years as anchor on the Saturday edition of CBS Evening News from 1973 to 1996; chief Washington correspondent since 1982, moderator of the Sunday public affairs show Face the Nation since 1991, and, between March 2005 and August 31, 2006, interim weekday anchor of the CBS Evening News.

Schieffer is one o
More about Bob Schieffer...
This Just In: What I Couldn't Tell You on TV Face the Nation: My Favorite Stories from the First 50 Years of the Award-Winning News Broadcast The Acting President The Shooting Salvationist: J. Frank Norris and the Murder Trial that Captivated America North of the River: A Brief History of North Fort Worth