Start by marking “Bleach, Tome 19: The Black Moon Rising” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Tome 19: The Black Moon Rising

Bleach, Tome 19: The Black Moon Rising (Bleach #19)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  4,070 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Ichigo Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts, he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow (a malevolent lost soul) Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his life to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace. Find out why Tite Kubo's Bleach has become an international manga smash-hit!

Paperback
Published November 2006 by Glénat (first published October 4th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach, Tome 19, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach, Tome 19

Nick
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: Ichigo Kurosaki sees ghosts, and fights...a lot. All of this is pretty normal for Ichigo, but then he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami (Death God) and member of the mysterious Soul Society. When a Hollow, an evil spirit, attacks Ichigo and his family, Rukia attempts to defeat the Hollow, but is wounded. To help him save his family, she lends Ichigo some of her powers, but something goes wrong, and Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Ichigo becomes a temporar
Megan
This volume has the best battle ever. I remember watching this in the anime and finding myself very literally on the edge of my seat. Though we are familiar with both characters, in this battle they each reveal their hidden powers, and since they're both pushed to the brink we can see them at the height of their potential. We also get just a little hint that there's more to Byakuya than the cold, unfeeling brother we've seen up till now. His internal battle is more complex than it seems and I re ...more
Sophia F
Samantha Usagi-chan Rizzuti
It's definetly an awesome book. I love it.>.<
Sara
Holly Letson
Oh, how I miss the *Bleach* manga being like this! The *Bleach* manga being action-packed like this one is what attracted me to it in the first place, after all. Well, that and the fact that my fiance' suggested I read it after I expressed only the slightest interest in doing so.
---------
Reading the volume is both a step forward and a step back for me. A step back in storyline, since the ones I read most recently before this one were volumes in the 40s and 50s. And, a step forward, as this wa
MissAnnThrope
14 November 2012

Rating: * * * * 1/2

Hot damn! Byakuya is oozing with all kinds of sexy badass awesomesauciness!

The most anticipated battle continues on in Bleach 19: The Black Moon Rising as Ichigo and Byakuya unleash their secret powers. It's great to have Ichigo finally back with his newly developed strength and bankai power. He does a damn good job holding his own against the seemingly unstoppable Byakuya.

I have to admit, I'm slightly (very, very slightly) disappointed with the fight scene be
Taruia
Jul 13, 2014 Taruia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bleachists!
Shelves: manga
After a few weeks reading Bakuman and Death Note I am happily ensconced in a proper battle manga (which uses a nice measure of humour that Ohba-san and Obata-san could well copy, but now I am going off topic) Ichigo continues to battle Byakuya which could go either way, really.
Georgina Howlett
This volume of Bleach is one of my favourites of all-time. Ichigo is back on the cover and he soon becomes my favourite character due to his actions in this volume; he fights his enemies persistently, vows over and over to save Rukia and ultimately he wins over the hearts of both the characters in the series and also the readers. He is an inspiration.

After losing his mother, he vowed to protect those he held dear and he moved on with his life rather than letting his grief swallow him. That takes
Stephen Alff
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do feel
Mᴀʟxᴏx ♥
A majority of this volume was spent watching Ichigo grow stronger against Byakuya and everything - and I have a really difficult time with mangas and fight scenes because my brain lags not being able to actually watch it play out. That is my justified reason as to why this is rated four stars. I'm not hard on mangas at all - barley actually - I don't see a reason to be. There is to much talent and work that goes into them for me not to rate them properly. And when the mask came on I was like OMG ...more
Bbabri
Imádtam ezt a kötetet. Yoruichi és Soi Fong harca a végéhez ért. Persze Yoruichi nyert. Meg sem lepődöm ezen. És végre Byakuya és Ichigo harcolni kezdtek. Ezt a kötetet végig harcolták, és én meg nyál csorgatva néztem. Öröm volt látni, hogy Byakuya jó pár emberi reakciót mutatott. Eh.
És Ichigo bankai-ja. Aranyos kis katana.
És hm.. Megmutatkozik Ichigo másik része is. Valahogy kedvelem azt a pasast.
Nagy nehezen Ichigo nyerte a harcot. Szegény Byakuya.
És végezetül a 46-ok tanácsát megölték. Erre H
Janaye Autufuga
This is really a good book. I read this because I love manga and thought I should read something new and Bleach turned out to be a good choice. Enjoyable and fighting. I like Ichigo (who wouldnt) hes always got something new and has determination to win and defeat Byakuya. There was nothing I didnt like about this manga and Orihime makes me laugh!! Soi Fon is practically filled with hatred because Yoruichi dissapeared without taking Soi with her. And is it too late for Toshiro to get Momo ?? Can ...more
Annchan Maulana
Bleach
Ichigo Kurosaki has ability to see ghosts.
The story begin from the day when he meet with one of the member of Soul Society name Rukia Kuchiki. The member of that society are called shinigami.
The shinigamis are have a duty to fighting a Hollow - evil spirit from humans who display psychic energy.
And after Ichigo know the truth about the world he live with his family is one full of dangerous spirits, he learn to become Shinigami, and his job now along with Rukia is to protect the world fro
Jeffrey
As Ichigo's latest teacher faces off against her former student, Ichigo takes on his ultimate rival among the Captains in a knock down drag out fight. In addition to the premiere of his Bankai, one of Ichigo's mysterious complications resurfaces and we begin to wonder just what he has become.
Meanwhile Tite Kubo begins to reveal the larger scheme with a final chapter focused on Gin's maneuverings.

Many questions remain, but it appears that Kubo knows what he's doing. We'll see how it shakes out.
Bridgette Maldonado-grumpy
Awesome wish i could give my ideas to tite kubuto how he's training
La Revistería Comics
¡¡Impresionante tomo hiperviolento que incluye bocha de páginas a color!!
Payal
Well atlast Ichigo shows his Bankai.....

Scatter ..........senbon Zakura.........This fighting ability of Byakuya is simply not for the comics. The beauty of this comes out in the anime.
I loved the Hollowfication of Ichigo in the fight. It has a craziness attached to it which I simply enjoyed a lot !!

I think everyone who loves action should watch this anime. Not the comics as the steps are really not clear in black and white.
Henry
This is one of the best fighting volumes in the series. Ichigo and Byakuya go at it and they don't hold back! Their fight was one of the most awaited events in the series for me, and it didn't let me down. As always, Tite Kubo draws beautiful fight scenes that make you go "ouch" all the time. You can feel the pain of the characters.

This volume is one of the best in the Soul Society story arc, and one that fans will never forget.
Sharon
Fighting, fighting, shonen chatter, explaining battle moves and the mystery deepens but I couldn't care less. For some reason it's getting harder and harder to get attached to these characters. Maybe because I already know the outcome, but then again that can't be because I reread books a lot and am still engaged. So I don't know. But essentially, this book was one long fight and I am kind of glad it's over.
Jenni Noordhoek
The 2 star rating is rather arbitrary because I just got slogged down in all the battles in this portion of the arc. I didn't keep track of which volume I was reading as I read about eight in one sitting; so I'm just guessing this is about the bottom of the arc when it comes to the pace.

I'm just not cut out for battle manga.
Ginny
Max
In Bleach Volume 19, Ichigo faces Byakuya, a captain of the group he's up against. Although he was about to lose, his inner evil self steps in and begins defeating Byakuya almost effortlessly, using whatever power Ichigo had left. In the end, Ichigo regains his consciousness and takes one last clash with Byakuya and wins.
Stephen Wilkes
This is the continuation of the hit series BLEACH. In this book Ichigo Kurosaki battles Byakuya Kuchiki to prevent him from killing Rukia. Meanwhile Yoruichi Shihoin battles Soi Fon. I you really want to read this book you can buy it at Borders or you can watch it on youtube or cartoon network every Saturday.
Bookworm
Yeah, this is where I draw the line. I liked it while it lasted, but it dragged on so much, I thought my grandchildren would've graduated high school by the time they finally saved Rukia. Plus, gravity-defying boobs and queer stereotyping is a no-no for me. I'm going to miss the female characters though.
Susan
Okay, I've been wondering for a while now: who is killing Hollows while everyone in the Soul Society is running around trying to find/fight Ichigo and his friends? I know Ichigo's little sister is helping defend their neighborhood in Tokyo, but what about the rest of the world?
Soul
if i don't compare it with any other Manga novels then, it was a great experience to read this series.
the whole concept of Soul reapers, soul society,.. was neatly implemented.
And not to forgot it sure is a page turner.

so Worth 4 stars out of 5.
Federiken Masters
Geniales peleas para ir cerrando una genial saga. Puntos extra para la edición argentina porque incluye las veintipico de páginas a color del capítulo 162, el que le da nombre al tomo.
  • Naruto, Vol. 17: Itachi's Power (Naruto, #17)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Bleach Volume 01: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1)
  • Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2)
  • Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3)
  • Bleach Volume 04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Bleach #4)
  • Bleach Volume 05: Right Arm of the Giant (Bleach #5)
  • Bleach Volume 06: The Death Trilogy Overture (Bleach #6)
  • Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach #7)
  • Bleach Volume 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)
  • Bleach Volume 09: Fourteen Days for Conspiracy (Bleach #9)
  • Bleach Volume 10: Tattoo on the Sky (Bleach #10)
Bleach Volume 01: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1) Bleach Volume 15: Beginning of the Death of Tomorrow (Bleach #15) Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3) Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2) Bleach Volume 14: White Tower Rocks (Bleach #14)