Start by marking “Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion” as Want to Read:
Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion

Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion (Secret Invasion)

3.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  145 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
From the pages of Civil War comes the tale of a man out of time! An accident in the Negative Zone propels Captain Marvel from the past to the present day. Now, he must come to terms not only with his own impending death, but with he way the world has changed in the time he has been gone. Brian Reed (New Avengers: Illuminati, Ms. Marvel) and Lee Weeks (Daredevil, Spider-Man ...more
Published August 13th 2008 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Captain Marvel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Marvel

Nicolo Yu
Jan 25, 2016 Nicolo Yu rated it liked it
Shelves: collected-comics
I really wanted to like this book; I mean, give it five stars, but I just can't. It's not that it doesn't have its good qualities. I think Brian Reed is a promising writer and Lee Weeks made this one of the best illustrated Secret Invasion tie-in. It probably because the original Captain Marvel doesn't strike a chord with a fan base that grew up after his seminal graphic novel that featured his death from cancer. The character has been on the shelf for too long that the reader doesn't care about ...more
Lemuel Curry
Jan 12, 2015 Lemuel Curry rated it really liked it
I actually liked this book a lot. I had never heard of the Marvel Comic's Captain Marvel and the guy at my comic shop recommended it. I see that it has lower reviews and it seems that they may have been familiar with this hero and his past storyline. With me going into it with no expectations, it was an entertaining read.
Adam
Nov 19, 2009 Adam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
My only memory of Captain Marvel (the Marvel Comics version, not the Fawcett/DC version with the jaunty white cape over one shoulder) from my youth was seeing Jim Starlin's 1982 graphic novel The Death of Captain Marvel on the shelf at my local comic store and not purchasing it. He's almost completely a product of the '70s, and was never on my radar.

This mini-series from last year did little to change my feelings about Captain Marvel. For the most part, I found it uninteresting and plodding. App
Brad
Aug 01, 2009 Brad rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, marvel
This book introduces a new Captain Marvel that shows up in the Civil War crossover and takes him up to Secret Invasion crossover. It's weird Marvel even bothered to create this character, because he's not really integral to either story. This little tale of identity confusion and the efficacy of super powers is interesting, but not as good as Brian Reed's work on Ms. Marvel. The subplot with a Paris Hilton-type character running a church deifying Captain Marvel doesn't really make much sense.
I a
Timo
May 16, 2014 Timo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I know, I know.... In Marvel universe, nobody stays dead. But why the return-to-life-story can be done this badly? To crap on the tragic dead and to totally ignore the Peter David series about Captain Marvel's son totally.
This was bad.
Christopher Corbett
Feb 25, 2014 Christopher Corbett rated it liked it
A story that tried too hard to bring Captain Marvel back. It's a graphic novel that you just want to hurry up and get to the next page or last page not because it's good but because you just want to be done with it.
Sylvester
Jun 28, 2016 Sylvester rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy
They could have have left him for dead but they brought him back to life anyway. Captain Marvel will always be one of my favourite characters but this arc was way too rushed with him returning from the Civil War arc and joining the Secret Invasion arc without much explanation.
Feather Mista
Sin ser una gran historia, ni tener un superdibujo, me gustó mucho más que Invasión Secreta. Más conciso, más creíble, y menos inflado.
Sean
May 23, 2013 Sean rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Marvel Comics fans!
If ever there was an example of a promising idea that didn't get enough time to completely pan out, this was it. The idea of a religion formed around the reappearance of a once dead hero is a great idea. Add to that the possibility of him being a Skrull in disguise is fantastic. The problems lie with the reader being more confused the the characters as to what's going on, and then the completely abrupt ending. Also, the addition of random S.H.I.E.L.D. agents was unnecessary. I like the the art a ...more
Joe
Dec 27, 2014 Joe rated it liked it
Nice artwork..
M
Aug 02, 2011 M rated it it was amazing
Teasing us with the return of a time-lost Captain Marvel, this story of the Secret Invasion saga provides with a look at the power of memory - and its ability to be used for good or ill. Believed to be plucked from the past, Mar-Vell makes his presence known in the modern Marvel Universe. Beseiged by long-dead villains and tortured by a classical painting, Mar-Vell must uncover the truth behind his return - and make a fateful choice
Ian
Sep 27, 2011 Ian rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars. Well, I love the Manchurian Candidate and don't especially care for the Marvel Civil War event. Combine those two and you have Captain Marvel's Secret Invasion story. Not bad, but it's been done before.
Michael
Oct 03, 2009 Michael rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Better than it should be. That's about all there is to say about this as all the Secret Invasion titles are pretty disappointing.
Felipe
Feb 03, 2013 Felipe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
Really enjoyed this story.
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Matthew Mcguinness
Matthew Mcguinness marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Dimitris
Dimitris rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Kev Munoz
Kev Munoz marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
Guibbs
Guibbs rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Deb
Deb added it
Jun 06, 2016
Beti Tedeško
Beti Tedeško rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Mj
Mj rated it it was ok
May 22, 2016
Matthew Farmer
Matthew Farmer marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
  • Fear Itself: Spider-Man
  • X-Factor: Secret Invasion
  • Green Lantern: Tales of the Sinestro Corps
More about Brian Reed...

Secret Invasion (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Secret Invasion: The Infiltration
  • Secret Invasion
  • Secret Invasion: Front Line
  • Secret Invasion: Who Do You Trust?
  • Secret Invasion: Home Invasion
  • Secret Invasion: The Amazing Spider-Man
  • Avengers: The Initiative, Vol. 3: Secret Invasion
  • Black Panther: Secret Invasion
  • Captain Britain and MI13, Vol. 1: Secret Invasion
  • Deadpool: Secret Invasion (Deadpool, #1)