Start by marking “Bamboo Ridge, Journal of Hawaii Literature and Arts: Issue #91” as Want to Read:
Bamboo Ridge, Journal of Hawaii Literature and Arts: Issue #91

Bamboo Ridge, Journal of Hawaii Literature and Arts: Issue #91

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review
Magazine. Fiction. Poetry. Cultural Writing. Art. BAMBOO RIDGE NO. 91 is an anthology of poetry and prose by 44 writers, including 29 Bamboo Ridge Writers Institute participants. Featured in this collection: Lee Cataluna, Kealoha, Brenda Kwon, Ian MacMillan, Chris McKinney, Susan Schultz, Lee A. Tonouchi, Cedric Yamanka, plus winners of the Editors' Choice Awards, cover im ...more
Published February 15th 2008 by Bamboo Ridge Pr (first published February 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about Bamboo Ridge, Journal of Hawaii Literature and Arts

Ursula Pflug
I've got a story in this book entitled "Kaolani from Kaua'i." I've spent a lot of time in Hawai'i where I have family, so the settings and characters are influenced by that. "Kaolani" is not a true story, but little bits of the pirate character are inspired by the pirate with whom I once ate banana pancakes, on his boat in Pokai Bay, Oahu. I did not know he was a pirate until later.

I submitted the story to the VanderMeers for their pirate antholgy, Fast Ships, Black Sails. It was turned down, an
The Golden Slipper: A Vietnamese Legend Charlie Chan Is Dead 2: At Home in the World (An Anthology of Contemporary Asian American Fiction-- Revised and Updated) Poetry Selections from The Best of Bamboo Ridge Bamboo Ridge Journal #77